Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 9-24

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo Hoo...

Woo Hoo...

Well, how in the heck could I lose 3lbs in 2 days?:thumbup: I had a peek at the scale this morning and I'm down 3 lbs already and didn't even try. Birthday cake yesterday w/Blue Bell ice cream and pizza...whoa!

I blame my weight gain the last two weeks on all the good restaurant food where they add loads of salt..!:eek2: So I have from Monday to Friday to get the other 3.5lbs off..:angel:

Here's a pic of my Mama at her 95th birthday party. Hmmm, wonder if I'll make it that long..:rolleyes2:

Wow. 95..... Yeah you will probably live longer. It runs in the family. Guess we gonna have to put up with you here. ;)
Happy Birthday to your mom.
Thanks for sharing the pic.

Thinks Rhena must be heavily into comfort food -- maybe even some good booze -- after her Longhorns got wiped out by UCLA -- and on the Horns' home field! :eek:

You were so right SB - OMG that was such an excrutiatingly painful game. The little 8 yr old girl sitting next to me who had been informed it was my birthday said 'This is the worse birthday present ever!' Boy was she right! :mad2::mad2:

Wise - glad to have you back - thyroid issues can do all kinds of things to your psyche! Glad you are getting past it!

Janie! Good girl for getting back on track. I'm afraid this week may not be so good for me - but I'm tryhing. Only 2 more b-day dinners to go and I vow to eat light!

Spreadsheet will be posted shortly!

Forgot to mention how sweet your 95 year old Mom looks Janie. No doubt you'll be just as sweet looking! Keep on losing those lbs. as the girls need to take back the lead!

Yep - the sad truth is the girls have lost now 2 weeks in a row.:thumbd::eek2:

For the week -the guys lost 5 lbs and the girls gained 2.4. See Wise - you didn't hurt them at all! Couldn't you have gained a few more pounds!:):)

The guys have pulled ahead too in the overall loss for the race. Guys down 19.6, girls down 12.7. We are at the halfway mark now!. Come on Girls - let's bring it on home....!! We are a second half team - let's leave the guys eating our dust!! (Spoken by someone who has been stuffing her face the last few days!:eek: )
View attachment 8780

Okay, guys, we're about to enter the October phase of the Great Pumpkin Race. Time to focus on the finish line. Superbob is confiscating The Chimp's Snickers bars and Moon Pies and banning himself, the Man of Steel, from the Krispy Kreme Kryptonite factory.
Come on guys, we can win this thing now! :D

Thanks Rhena for so diligently keeping the spreadsheet for us.

I knew it!!! I knew that baby coming and my wife in the hospital for most of the week would do me in. So I gained 2 lbs 239.5. Sorry guys but with a 2 year ol I didn't walk or do anything. And of course I was doing the old eating on the fly also. Gonna do better I promise.

I am needing some motivation to lose some pounds. The throwdown sounds like a great way to stay (more or less) on track. I would like to particapate for the remainder of this contest. I see the teams are even 6 and 6, I don't want to throw the scoring off, so if I needed to be tracked as "other" instead of on the guy side, that is ok with me. When do you report the first weighin amount? As of today I am 226 lbs. I take it you report your weight on Fridays.

I am needing some motivation to lose some pounds. The throwdown sounds like a great way to stay (more or less) on track. I would like to particapate for the remainder of this contest. I see the teams are even 6 and 6, I don't want to throw the scoring off, so if I needed to be tracked as "other" instead of on the guy side, that is ok with me. When do you report the first weighin amount? As of today I am 226 lbs. I take it you report your weight on Fridays.

jjay32 ... welcome aboard:thumbup: ... glad to have you with us ... some report on Thursday, some Friday and some Saturday ... whichever fits in your plan / schedule ... as far as the Great Pumpkin Race, I will have to deffer that decision to the girls since they are dragging "a-long-behind" :tongue2:

Welcome aboard JJay32 and welcome back Wise. We are glad to have you on the guys team.

Don't worry Geckley i think it's all the chilli you had over the weekend. Hope you had fun in NH.....

Ready, Set, Go !!!!!!!! We are ready to cross the finish line...... Yeeeee Hawwwww !!!!

Glad to have you with us, jjay! Feel free to report in with the guys. As I recall, one of the gals was trying to outrecruit us at the beginning of this race in order to outnumber us in "losers." (Not to mention any names, Duffey. :rolleyes: So if we add one, well, they will just have to recruit another to their side. :D

Of course, if the girls just can't bear this since they are already losing and falling even further behind and thereby are traumatized, you could just be counted in a rookie category until we start a new race after Halloween. ;)

Of course, we have an ongoing Throwdown -- weekly weigh-in -- regardless of these little side races. So by all means, join us!

The Chimpman is going to scoff at me for even thinking I have any authority on this forum :p:p- but as the official keeper of the spreadsheet. I will reluctantly add JJay32 to the guys team as a starter this week - so next week's loss/gain (hopefully :) ) will count. (Really only kidding JJay - we are happy to have you join us on the Throwdown). On the other hand, I will happily update the spreadsheet with Geckley's gain posted late Monday.

So - here is the new offiical spreadsheet for the week. No more changes allowed this week. I use Monday as the cutoff for reporting in (So cast you disdain my direction Chimp. ) :biggrin2:

Come on girls - we ain't skeered of being out numbered! But it would be nice if someone could round up another couple of gals for our team!!! My sister just started WW. Maybe I'll try to recruit her even though she isn't officially on the forum. Seems fair enough to me!!

OK it looks a little better now - at least from the female perspective! Guys lost 3 lbs this week and gals gained 2.4. Overall. Guys have lost 17.6 while the girls have lost 12.7

View attachment 8785

The Chimpman is going to scoff at me for even thinking I have any authority on this forum :p:p- but as the official keeper of the spreadsheet. I will reluctantly add JJay32 to the guys team as a starter this week - so next week's loss/gain (hopefully :) ) will count. (Really only kidding JJay - we are happy to have you join us on the Throwdown). On the other hand, I will happily update the spreadsheet with Geckley's gain posted late Monday.

So - here is the new offiical spreadsheet for the week. No more changes allowed this week. I use Monday as the cutoff for reporting in (So cast you disdain my direction Chimp. ) :biggrin2:

Come on girls - we ain't skeered of being out numbered! But it would be nice if someone could round up another couple of gals for our team!!! My sister just started WW. Maybe I'll try to recruit her even though she isn't officially on the forum. Seems fair enough to me!!

OK it looks a little better now - at least from the female perspective! Guys lost 3 lbs this week and gals gained 2.4. Overall. Guys have lost 17.6 while the girls have lost 12.7

View attachment 8785

Sweet ... :thumbup::cool2:

Rhena, I just looked at the spreadsheet, and you are doing GREAT!:smile2: I will admit that Superbob is also doing pretty good, but since he's a Guy, that's the extent of my praise.:biggrin2:
I'm having a decent week. I should have a loss; just trying to make it a good one.:smile2:

Latest posts

Back