Cooker's Throwdown Friday III -- 8-20-10

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back from out overnight excursion yesterday afternoon. Saturday night we had steak, baked potato, salad, bread and butter and my now famous with six other people Pineapple Meringue Cake...hehe. Even if I did make it, it was soooo gooood. Then for breakfast yesterday we had some kind of delicious breakfast quiche, fruit and yogurt parfaits, cherry almond scones, and biscuits with butter and jam. I was up .3 from that pig out fest. I feel like I got away with murder.

I shared this information for all of the ladies. These are meal suggestions for you for the next ten weeks or so.

Duffey, Cindy said that she will join in with the ladies. So, I will offer to make her a Pineapple Meringue Cake every couple days for the duration of the competition! I don't know when she'll report her weight though.

I'm so glad Cindy is going to join us. Yay! :):):)
Speaking of reporting weight, all we know about you is that you lost 1.7 this past week. :thumbup:You and Cindy both need to post a starting weight for Rhena to use on her Excel spreadsheet.

Pineapple meringue cake sounds absolutely delicious. I'd love to have that as our winning prize ten weeks from now. You'd better start baking . . . . :angel:

I met friends for lunch at the Pasta House. I ordered a bowl of minestrone soup, no salad, one roll. I did not eat the beef in the soup.

Read it and weep, BOYS!

Send the beef to we boys, Duffster. We're the answer to the question, "Where's the beef?" :p

Besides, beef is good protein. It's what for dinner. Bet the Texas ladies don't forgo the prime cuts. :D

I'm so glad Cindy is going to join us. Yay! :):):)
Speaking of reporting weight, all we know about you is that you lost 1.7 this past week. :thumbup:You and Cindy both need to post a starting weight for Rhena to use on her Excel spreadsheet.

Pineapple meringue cake sounds absolutely delicious. I'd love to have that as our winning prize ten weeks from now. You'd better start baking . . . . :angel:

Oh, yeah. I, umm, forgot to post my starting weight of 172.6. That is 5.2 pounds higher than my lowest weight. Cindy will weigh in the morning, but she may just let me post her weight and not tell her. Food addicts are crazy aren't they?!

I am completely out of control ... I need to start smoking and drinking Grey Goose again ... :eek2:

I hardly think any of us can be the first the cast a stone. Hang in there. Besides, chimps really don't look good with cigarettes. ; )

OK - This is going to be GOOD for all of us! Although of course best for the women as we are going to kick guy butt! I'll work on the spreadsheet and try to post it in this thread each week on Wed. starting this week. Gives everyone a chance to do their chosen Weigh in day of from Thursday through Sunday and or Monday whatever you think. Now I know I'm not the ref or anything - but I think everyone needs to pick their weigh day and make it the same day each week if at all possible. Non of this mulligan stuff or waiting a couple days later to decide to weigh. In fact Mulligan's might cost 5 lbs gain. (Wait a minute that could be a beneit to someone have a bad week. Make it 10 lbs for a Mulligan) We gotta commit to a schedule. Now sometimes people areon vacation or whatever - we will figure that out as we go. Do I sound like a control freak? I think this team idea is much better the the individual competition, becuase it is easy to let yourself down, but you don't want to let your team-mates down. (Now do you?):p

Cooker- go ahead and just keep eating your heart out - we are going to laugh our way all the way to the scales! :biggrin2: SB - good for you for taking it seriously - were you in the military at one time? Cindy, so happy to have you on board! More the merrier - we could use a few more girls too ladies! We will still allow newcomers up through Sept. Janie - I love your starting weight - that would be my choice too.

Last edited:
OK - This is going to be GOOD for all of us! Although of course best for the women as we are going to kick guy butt! I'll work on the spreadsheet and try to post it in this thread each week on Wed. starting this week. Gives everyone a chance to do their chosen Weigh in day of from Thursday through Sunday and or Monday whatever you think. Now I know I'm not the ref or anything - but I think everyone needs to pick their weigh day and make it the same day each week if at all possible. Non of this mulligan stuff or waiting a couple days later to decide to weigh. In fact Mulligan's might cost 5 lbs gain. (Wait a minute that could be a beneit to someone have a bad week. Make it 10 lbs for a Mulligan) We gotta commit to a schedule. Now sometimes people areon vacation or whatever - we will figure that out as we go. Do I sound like a control freak? I think this team idea is much better the the individual competition, becuase it is easy to let yourself down, but you don't want to let your team-mates down. (Now do you?):p

Cooker- go ahead and just keep eating your heart out - we are going to laugh our way all the way to the scales! :biggrin2: SB - good for you for taking it seriously - were you in the military at one time? Cindy, so happy to have you on board! More the merrier - we could use a few more girls too ladies! We will still allow newcomers up through Sept. Janie - I love your starting weight - that would be my choice too.

You asked for it ... now I'm swinging into action ... come on guys, let's kick some booty:thumbup:

I'm not going to post my progress until Thursday, but I'm in the happy stage of recovery where I'm eating like a pig and losing weight anyway. Must eat to heal.
Last night I had salad with home smoked salmon (no salt, I love my hubby's smoker), and some french bread.

I'm fixing chickpea salad for lunch. Fixed the peas in the crockpot yesterday, will chop the veggies and toss with dressing today for lunches all week. Choice of cheese - Monterrey blue, goat, or tillamook cheddar (low salt, all of them). Yummo with some touch of salt triscuits.

I'm not going to post my progress until Thursday, but I'm in the happy stage of recovery where I'm eating like a pig and losing weight anyway. Must eat to heal.
Last night I had salad with home smoked salmon (no salt, I love my hubby's smoker), and some french bread.

I'm fixing chickpea salad for lunch. Fixed the peas in the crockpot yesterday, will chop the veggies and toss with dressing today for lunches all week. Choice of cheese - Monterrey blue, goat, or tillamook cheddar (low salt, all of them). Yummo with some touch of salt triscuits.

Laurie, any chance of getting the chickpea salad recipe? It sounds delicious.

Cindy, I undersand completely. Wise is being mean . . . . make him pay by sabotaging his diet.:thumbup:

No cigarettes for Chimps. You need to buy a case of candy bars and sooth yourself with sugar, Cooker. :thumbup:We adore you and only want you to be happy and content. Candy will get you there quicker. Go for it.:angel:

Superbob, keep eating those steaks. I'd join you, but my cow valve starts acting up just at the mention of beef.:cool2:

Rhena, I'll try to weigh evrey Friday. Sometimes Thursdays work better, but I do need to be consistent.:)

Final thought: Must try harder . . . Must beat the boys

Ha, ha, your posts are funny, Duffey. So full of ... wishful thinking.:p

Okay, is Superbob the only one who has thought of this? If senior SB's math skills have not completely eroded, he calculates this here Boy/Gurl Throwdown ending just about... Halloween, if not exactly. :eek2::eek2: So why not name this competition accordingly. The Great Pumpkin Race? The Fright Night Losin' It Race? or sumthin.

Prize possibilities present themselves as well. When the boys win, the girls could be required to post in their naughtiest naughty nurse Halloween outfits and post on the TD. Or we could just be content with the winners getting to eat all the miniature Halloween candy treats they desire (short of a quantity to induce a diabetic coma. :eek::p

Okay girlies, whadda think -- are you up for a Race to Halloween with these rambunctious boys? :D:tongue2:

Prize possibilities present themselves as well. When the boys win, the girls could be required to post in their naughtiest naughty nurse Halloween outfits and post on the TD.

Okay girlies, whadda think -- are you up for a Race to Halloween with these rambunctious boys? :D:tongue2:

Oh yeah...!! Bring it on..:thumbup: And when the girlies win, the boys will be required to post pics of themselves in their itsy bitsy Speedos....:eek2:

And this posing with a Speedo doesn't count.. It must be on your body..:biggrin2: And if you don't have one, I'll mail you a red one.......see pic..!!:thumbup:

The ending date is October 29, and the start of the Halloween week-end. It will be a great few days . . . celebrating our win . . . enjoying the guys' discomfort . . . anticipating the upcoming winners' prizes.
A fun time for all . . . . well . . . if you're on OUR team.:cool2:

The chickpea salad recipe is on the recipe forum, called garbanzo bean salad. Maybe 60 days ago?
I use cilantro instead of parsley, and you can swap red or white onions for the green ones and shallot in the dressing.
I use cheese other than Feta because of the high salt content of feta.

Latest posts

Back