Cooker's Throwdown Friday III -- 8-20-10

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
We have made it through another week ... I have had a week of fabulous food opportunities and have taken advantage of most:biggrin2: ... I will weigh in tomorrow and have no idea what the number will be ... I have decided to weigh once a week and not obsess about my weight daily ... I have been walking daily and my clothes are fitting a bit better so even if the scales don't show it I know I'm toning up and feeling better ....

Now to the Girl vs Guy Sub-Throwdown ... when do we start or have we already begun? What's the cut off date? ... I think the prize could should be bragging rights ... the winning gender (aka Biggest Losers) will enjoy the laud, honor and respect of the gender that came in second ... We can award a gold and silver medal ... anyway if we get serious about this little feud of the sexes we will all be winners ... but leave no doubt that if the guys win I will expect the girls to kiss our smaller butts:biggrin2::thumbup:

I was thinking more along the lines of if the guys win, the gals post pix of themselves in bikinis, and if the gals win (this is purely hypothetical) the guys post pix of themselves in their best musclemen outfits at Hooters. :p

But yikes, a look at the scales this morning indicates Superbob may not have succeeded in his diabolical plot to pack on as many pounds as possible in preparation for shedding them. :eek: We may be in trouble, guys. :redface2:

Reporting tomorrow.

Get ready to rumble!

Get ready to rumble!

Well, so far it looks as though I'm the only one brave enough to weigh in today . . . . so be it!:thumbup:
I weigh 159 pounds this morning. I would have to look back to check last week's weight to know if that's more or less, but it really doesn't matter since A NEW DAY HAS DAWNED IN THE THROWDOWN!

It's been proposed that the contest run for 10 weeks. The last weigh-in of the Lads vs Lassie's Grudge Match would be October 28. That's fine with me, although I don't know if the Lads have the Staying power.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Bragging rights sound like a good prize, pics sound like a good prize, banana cake sounds like a good prize, kissing the winning team members' butts . . . .STINKS!:thumbd:
Seriously, whatever you all want to ante up, is fine with me.

I suggest that if you are competing, you throw your hat, oops better make that scales, in the Throwdown Ring this weigh-in. New members joining the weigh-in should be offered the opportunity of joining in our fun at least through the end of September. After that time, I think they should weigh in weekly for the Throwdown and cheer the rest of us on to VICTORY!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last edited:
Hmmmm, Duffey has inspired me. I have time to run down to the Krispy Kreme factory and eat a couple dozen hot doughnuts followed by a couple of "More Than a Mouthful" cheeseburgers at Hooters in order to add to my base weight for the great Battle of the Sexes! :p

Hmmmm, Duffey has inspired me. I have time to run down to the Krispy Kreme factory and eat a couple dozen hot doughnuts followed by a couple of "More Than a Mouthful" cheeseburgers at Hooters in order to add to my base weight for the great Battle of the Sexes! :p

I'm expecting both you and Cooker to weigh in tomorrow. If you wait until Saturday, I propose subtracting five pounds from your weights.

I'm expecting both you and Cooker to weigh in tomorrow. If you wait until Saturday, I propose subtracting five pounds from your weights.

Now, wait a minute -- that proclamation sounds very REF-like. Thought the Ref had retired and gone to the South Pacific or someplace. Seems to me the noble Chimp is the ultimate arbiter here. :p;)

Read his post; Chimp doesn't even know when we're starting this competition.:eek2:
He's busy living it up on the Isle of Denial! :biggrin2::biggrin2:
Maybe you're trying to shorten the length of the competition, because there's underlying fear of staying power???????:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
We don't need no stinking Ref. :thumbd:
We're here to play!:thumbup:

I'm in - my usual weigh in day is Friday so that'll be my starting weight. I am following SB's lead and have 'beefed up' with Tex Mex last night and then BBQ at lunch today. Maybe I'll head over to KK (Krispy Kreme for you novices) in a little while. I don't think tomorrow is going to be pretty, all the more for me to lose in the Guy/Gal grudge match. We gals are going to seriously kick some guy a$$!:D

Get ready to rumble! :biggrin2::thumbup:

Oh and by the way - Ref or not - I think Duffey's idea to take any newcomers into the challenge up thru end of Sept. sounds good. We don't want any last minute ringers recruited.

All of you out there tuning in - State your intentions. You in or are you just going to be a cheerleader - for the gals that is!

Game on ... whatever weight you post this week in this thread is your starting weight ... and SB, you are correct, I am TheChimp, the ultimate arbiter ... we ain't skeered:thumbup:

As far as staying power, not a problem with a Super Hero and Lancelot Link Secret Chimp in the race, or any other situation:biggrin2::wink2:

Last edited:
Okey dokey ... my starting weight for the battle with the babes is 200 ... I'm down .5 pounds but considering what I ate this week I am pleased ... Come men! ... lets kick some butt!!!

Starting Weight: 233
Last Week: 200.5
This Week: 200

All right, little ladies, be very, very afraid. :D The number for you to digest is:

Yes, Superbob is a big boy and he has been very bad in entertaining family the past few weeks. But those pounds are there for the shedding now. Watch that number come down. Prepare to meet your master. :D

All right, little ladies, be very, very afraid. :D The number for you to digest is:

Yes, Superbob is a big boy and he has been very bad in entertaining family the past few weeks. But those pounds are there for the shedding now. Watch that number come down. Prepare to meet your master. :D

SB, sounds like we might just have this in the bag ... sandbagging ... they walked right into our trap:thumbup:

OK, my start weight today is 138.4 There's still some water hanging about, but not so much that the girls will get a big boost from my post surgical diurisis.

Remember, though, my WW goal is 132, and my personal goal is 129. I will be unlikely to drop below that 9.5 lb mark. I'm not watching what I'm eating right now, I'm just trying to eat healthy, low salt.
So far, fruits and veggies, including bananas and prunes, upset my tummy unless cooked, so it will be a few more days before my diet (and the digestive tract) is REGULAR (pun, pun).

Hey somebody (not me) start an excel spreadsheeet, ok?

Last edited:
OK, my start weight today is 138.4 There's still some water hanging about, but not so much that the girls will get a big boost from my post surgical diurisis.

Remember, though, my WW goal is 132, and my personal goal is 129. I will be unlikely to drop below that 9.5 lb mark. I'm not watching what I'm eating right now, I'm just trying to eat healthy, low salt.
So far, fruits and veggies, including bananas and prunes, upset my tummy unless cooked, so it will be a few more days before my diet (and the digestive tract) is REGULAR (pun, pun).

Hey somebody (not me) start an excel spreadsheeet, ok?

You are already a winner, Laurie! Don't do anything bizarrew just to best we mischievous boys. You are right that you need to eat healthy right now.

It's Duffey and TexasWildflower that I consider my competitors right now -- they are the big talkers. :p:p:p

Okay here we go I got weighed at WW yesterday and guess what, I stayed the same I was dissappointed, but at least I never gained

Last Week 170
This Week 170

NOTE TO SELF................MUST TRY HARDER.............THE GIRLS MUST WIN.....................MUST TRY HARDER.......................THE GIRLS MUST WIN.......................MUST TRY HARDER....

Jan

Okay here we go I got weighed at WW yesterday and guess what, I stayed the same I was dissappointed, but at least I never gained

Last Week 170
This Week 170

NOTE TO SELF................MUST TRY HARDER.............THE GIRLS MUST WIN.....................MUST TRY HARDER.......................THE GIRLS MUST WIN.......................MUST TRY HARDER....

Jan

Jan,

We should adopt that as our team motto! MUST TRY HARDER . . . . . . .THE GIRLS MUST WIN :thumbup:

Glad you're with US!:smile2::smile2:

OK, OK.........my ship has sailed from the 'Isle of Denial' and the 'Isle of Skinny' is in sight..:wink2:

Shoot, I never could miss a good competition......oh great competitor that I am..:biggrin2:

However; before I can officially join -- I have a question...:confused2:

Do I absolutely have to weigh since the last time I weighed was in 1962 and I weighed 127lbs..:biggrin2:

Could I just enter the contest with saying that I'm somewhere between SuperBob and Laurie..:thumbup:

OK, OK.........my ship has sailed from the 'Isle of Denial' and the 'Isle of Skinny' is in sight..:wink2:

Shoot, I never could miss a good competition......oh great competitor that I am..:biggrin2:

However; before I can officially join -- I have a question...:confused2:

Do I absolutely have to weigh since the last time I weighed was in 1962 and I weighed 127lbs..:biggrin2:

Could I just enter the contest with saying that I'm somewhere between SuperBob and Laurie..:thumbup:

Hmmmm . . . . .

I think you can pick a weight, real or imaginery, and use that as your starting point for your weekly LOSSES.:thumbup:

I think the guys would be ok with that. Of course, they might be AFRAID of the competition. :angel:
What say you, guys?????:wink2:

As for the girls, we would LOVE to have you on our team!:smile2::smile2:

Back