Cooker's Throwdown Friday III -- 8-20-10

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SB, sounds like we might just have this in the bag ... sandbagging ... they walked right into our trap:thumbup:

Hey, Cooker, remember Duffey threatened us with a 5-pound penalty if we didn't weigh in today? Anything to ensure that the girlies "win." Well, have you noticed the Duffster herself hasn't weighed in today? I say by her own rule she costs the gals a 5-pound penalty if she doesn't weigh in today. :D:p

Hey, Cooker, remember Duffey threatened us with a 5-pound penalty if we didn't weigh in today? Anything to ensure that the girlies "win." Well, have you noticed the Duffster herself hasn't weighed in today? I say by her own rule she costs the gals a 5-pound penalty if she doesn't weigh in today. :D:p

Hold your horses Big Boy - If you look back you will see that indeed the Duffmeister has posted her offiical starting weight - I think you should be penalized at least 5 lbs for missing it! ;) As for me - I have done the girls proud by gaining a ton this week - all the more for me to add to the pounds lost on our side - because now I'm getting serious! My official weight for starting the Battle with the Boys is 203.6 :eek2:

See Janie - you don't have anything to be ashamed of - but you are going to have to get on a scale to at the very least to record your losses. I don't care if you use Duffey's suggestion and just post your losses each week. Of course I'm expecting no gains!! :rolleyes: Another option is to PM the Chimp and Duffey with your starting number and the rest of us need not know -just to keep it honest. Whatever you do - PLEASE join us! We are going to need all the help we can get.

Laurie- you just do whatever you have to do to get yourself well and let the chips fall where they may. We are happy to have you with us!

Jan - It's tough to not lose when you really should, but my experience is that if you stick with it you are rewarded two-fold the next week - and that is when it really counts for Team Divas! Good strategy you had there!

This Week: 203.6 (a mere 92.35 kgs)
Last Week : 200.8
Gain: 2.8
Total loss: 20.4

I will volunteer to keep an Excel spreadsheet as long as I don't get any guff on when I post it. I'll wait until Sunday to give all comers a chance to 'weigh in' pun intended. I'm assuming I can attach to a post - never tried.

Let the games begin!

Must Try Harder - WILL beat the boys!:thumbup:

Last edited:
OK, OK.........my ship has sailed from the 'Isle of Denial' and the 'Isle of Skinny' is in sight..:wink2:

Shoot, I never could miss a good competition......oh great competitor that I am..:biggrin2:

However; before I can officially join -- I have a question...:confused2:

Do I absolutely have to weigh since the last time I weighed was in 1962 and I weighed 127lbs..:biggrin2:

Could I just enter the contest with saying that I'm somewhere between SuperBob and Laurie..:thumbup:

Join in the fun ... glad to have you:thumbup: ... you can report your weight or just gains and losses ... or cheer the rest of us on ... glad you are here:smile2:

She has no authority here .... she's just trying strong arm tactic because we have them on the run:biggrin2:

Dark clouds rollin' in...

Dark clouds rollin' in...

Oh Lordy Mercy........dark clouds have rolled in and the SS Hippo has returned to the Isle of Denial as ordered by Customs to weigh all cargo before departure..:redface2:

SS Hippo is happy to report the cargo remains at the 1962 level of 127 pounds...:biggrin2: however; Customs officials were fooled since the 127 pounds is a permutation of the actual cargo..:angel:

Therefore; the SS Hippo has been given official departure orders and is sailing from the Isle of Denial..:thumbup:

Must try harder. . . . Will beat the boys!

Must try harder. . . . Will beat the boys!

Woo Hoo! We're ready to roll. Agilitydog, Jan, Shezagirlie, TXWildflower, and Duffey are ready to kick male butt! (Whew! Talk about exercise!:biggrin2:)
The spreadsheet will tell the story!:cool2:
Boys, you'd better get out among VR members and start recruiting. You're going to need some help.:angel:
It's also Laurie's birthday, so we're more than ready!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Woo Hoo! We're ready to roll. Agilitydog, Jan, Shezagirlie, TXWildflower, and Duffey are ready to kick male butt! (Whew! Talk about exercise!:biggrin2:)
Boys, you'd better get out among VR members and start recruiting. You're going to need some help.:angel:

Who is doing a spread sheet or were you referring to the other spread?:tongue2: We may have to adjust % loss by numbers of participants ... where are Wise and Cindy? .... Come on folks the more the merrier ... I have met some of you and I know you can't lose much because you don't need to ... So SuperBob and The Lardmiester Chimp may be able to "roll past you with no problem:biggrin2:

No, no, Duffey -- simply packing the Throwdown with gals ain't gonna work. (Nice try, though, :D) If we have 3 females for every male, the gals will have to lose 3 pounds among them to equal the 1 pound lost by the male. Clearly we will have to have something like baseball's Earned Run Average, only in this case an Earned Loss Average. :thumbup:

We are headed out the door to Loveland, Ohio; were invited to a night away by friends. That means food, plain and simple. I'm taking a Pineapple Meringue Cake and it looks mahvelous..hehe. I lost 1.7 this week. Cindy is hiding her weight from even me still. We will post more tomorrow night after we return.

Hi. Do I dare pop in this thread and say hi to all my friends? I can add to meds to my list of ones to avoid because of weight gain. The first one is Lyrica. I finally am totally off of it and choose to tolerate the pain rather than add more weight from it. The other drug was a real surprise to me. It is Omeprazole. I've been on 20mg a day for at least 8 years but recently have had the dose upped to a total of 80mg a day by my ENT doc. I'm in shock over what is happening. I'll figure something out.

It sure is nice to see this throwdown is still here and that some of my very favorite people are still here as well.

Hey, Betty! Glad to "see" you!:)

I am glad you mentioned meds, because sometimes we forget they play a part in weight gain.

I'm not doing very well with shedding pounds, but I'm still here, chugging along. Maybe this new Lads vs Lassies competition will change that . . . . of course it will!:biggrin2:

I hope you find time to stop by and let us know how you're doing. :)You've been missed.

OMG Maybe I shouldn't have weighed myself. I have gained more than I thought. 243 pounds. Well I have my work cut out for me. Time to get up and move my fat @#$.

OMG Maybe I shouldn't have weighed myself. I have gained more than I thought. 243 pounds. Well I have my work cut out for me. Time to get up and move my fat @#$.

Not to worry! You're skinnier than I am, and if both of us get moving and slim down, we can join the boys in beating the girls in our little 10-week sub-Throwdown competition. (And by "sub-" I don't mean Subway, though their low-cal selections might be involved. :D

Not to worry! You're skinnier than I am, and if both of us get moving and slim down, we can join the boys in beating the girls in our little 10-week sub-Throwdown competition. (And by "sub-" I don't mean Subway, though their low-cal selections might be involved. :D

Ghon, I think you need to be eating more of that delicious barbecue you make. Send some to Cooker, Superbob, Scott and Wise while you're at it.:cool2:
Seriously, I'm glad you're on the Throwdown.

LOL ... I have caught a bug ... eating bug that is ... but tomorrow is another day ... Hi Betty, good to see you!!!

That "bug" adheres to pigskin. There is football on the tube, and there's going to be lots more soon. Come on, guys, got to be strong. Substitute celery for chips and water or low-sugar Gatorade for beer or sodas. :D

I LOVE football.....I LOVE football.......I LOVE football.......but I cannot get interested when it's 104 degrees outside..:mad2:

We biked around the 'hood this evening.....dang, it's hot..!

Does the competition start tomorrow?!?!?! I need a start date.....and we're off..:thumbup:

This thread is the start ... whatever loss or gain reported on the 8-27 ThrowDown will be the kick off and get this rolling ... if I keep eating the way I did this weekend I WILL be rolling :biggrin2:

Got back from out overnight excursion yesterday afternoon. Saturday night we had steak, baked potato, salad, bread and butter and my now famous with six other people Pineapple Meringue Cake...hehe. Even if I did make it, it was soooo gooood. Then for breakfast yesterday we had some kind of delicious breakfast quiche, fruit and yogurt parfaits, cherry almond scones, and biscuits with butter and jam. I was up .3 from that pig out fest. I feel like I got away with murder.

I shared this information for all of the ladies. These are meal suggestions for you for the next ten weeks or so.

Duffey, Cindy said that she will join in with the ladies. So, I will offer to make her a Pineapple Meringue Cake every couple days for the duration of the competition! I don't know when she'll report her weight though.

Latest posts

Back