Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 7-9

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Running behind this morning so this is short and bitter sweet ... I'm up 3.5 this week ... I have been on a binge for the last three days but I just felt like I needed to eat, and I did ... I'm feeling fine after the ER trip but it is hot as blazes here ...

Hope every one has had a good week!!!!

Starting Weight: 233
Last Week: 197.5
This Week: 201

You had a bumpy week, so no big deal. Maybe you did need to just eat more this week to feel better. This week is a new week and let me tell, I need a new one. I have also eaten extra and it looks to be an up week for me again. That's life but there's always a new day coming.

I'm in the same place, still a couple pounds over ww goal, and 3-5 lbs over personal goal, but I'm not going to be able to get enough exercise to fight it until after surgery. A few days of not wanting to eat much won't hurt me.

Maybe it's hypochondria, but it seems since the doctors said that "s" word I've noticed more symptoms. I certainly notice the extra effort my heart is making when I walk Jet these days. I'll be glad to get this over with. 4 weeks and counting.

Superbob is about to have a meltdown after walking Superdawg at her request. :) Guess she figures we have "peace in our time" with regard to the fireworks wars, and it is safe to go beyond the backyard and back out into the wild :p The sweating ought to have at least taken care of the pancakes made for about the 40th straight day for the grand urchins. :rolleyes: Don't know about the other stuff -- been craving salty snacks lately. Try to rationalize by thinking body needs it for salt replacement... anyway.....

The Chimp's relentless honesty amazes Superbob. I don't know if SB can match it -- too much ego probably gets in his way, plus his tights pinch him. :cool: Anyway, Superbob will get on the scales tomorrow and report in. Take care, Mr. Chimp -- we will want to know what your cardio says (most likely and hopefully, that all is well)....

,,,,," b,, , <--- That's Lucas's thoughts on the subject. :rolleyes2:

I weighed this morning because I know that tomorrow will be awful. We are attending a birthday dinner at a restaurant that serves oysters (no thanks), Gumbo (salty goodness), or FRIED everything else. It would not be our first (or even last) choice, but since we didn't get to choose, it's what we're stuck with. Nathan and I are seriously considering eating before we go and eat a salad or something (well, he wants the Gumbo. As much as I like Gumbo, I know my feet would pay for it tomorrow).

I have been watching it a little more this week, and I'm down a pound and a half from two weeks ago. If I could leave the naked chips alone, I'd probably be down more than I am!
Two weeks ago: 159
This week: 157.5
Loss: 1.5 lbs

Cooker, hang in there. You'll recover your weight loss momentum and be on the downward slope before you know it.

First of all a round of applause to the Kentucky Flash for his amazing 11.8 loss (or whatever it was) on the Amazing Race to the Red White and Blue. I'm way proud of you!!:biggrin2::thumbup: I'm sorry to say that I made up the 'red' part of that race - and weighed something more than I did on St. Patty's day. I didn't really do the math as I don't want to disgust myself anymore than I am. Probably something like 3 lbs. I don't know what is wrong with me, I have lost my MoJo and I got to get it back.

The 4th of July weekend was a disaster for me foodwise :mad: We did the traditional hamburgers/hot dogs and watermelon, lounged by and in the pool (not much swimming - just floating). Then we all headed downtown for a bird's eye view of the fireworks atop an office building It was almost cool even. Sorry you So. Carolinians. I know you have been melting, but we have yet to even hit 100 and we are well into summer. Lots of rain too and that is just unheard of in July.

I managed to then get some sort of intestinal bug - fever and chills and all - that has prevented much exercise and a day lost from work - that part I didn't mind. I'm still fighting it, but feeling better - at least good enough to have a big ice cream cone with heath bar crumbles on my way home from the grocery store with some chicken noodle soup. I have got to get a grip!:eek2: I'm up this week 4 lbs!!!! I even beat you Mr. Chimp. Not something I'm proud of in this case!

There is always next week. I refuse to give up.

Superbob is down 2 this morning, but not feeling too super about it. Had a rough dizzy spell last night; think it was a recurrence of an old inner-ear problem, worsened by working out hard yesterday and not drinking enough fluids. I know, a superhero this old should show better sense. :rolleyes2:

I'm weighing in later, partly because we didn't get to our WW meeting yesterday, but will return next Saturday. I gained (on my scale) 3.3 pounds this week, putting me at 172.5. That is up 5.1 from my lowest weight. Now I am in recovery mode, cease and desist, surrender, give up the ghost (oh, wait, not THAT, quite yet!). The slighter fatter shadow that is following me around is going to have to go. Where's those muffins, Cindy?

Superbob, I hope you're finding an equilibrium in physical balance equal to your weight loss efforts. If you look at the year as a whole, I believe you have outdone us all. Weigh to go. I do hope you're feeling better also.

Cindy and I met with The Chimp and Mrs. Chimp last night for dinner here in Louisville, on their way to Wisconsin to sit in the Dells and eat cheese. We ate at Mimi's Cafe (a chain, but good), then on to Starbucks for an after dinner drink. Had a good time visiting with those two delightful folks. I didn't a photo though. I meant to take one with my phone, but we talked to much I guess.

Cindy and I met with The Chimp and Mrs. Chimp last night for dinner here in Louisville, on their way to Wisconsin to sit in the Dells and eat cheese. We ate at Mimi's Cafe (a chain, but good), then on to Starbucks for an after dinner drink. Had a good time visiting with those two delightful folks. I didn't a photo though. I meant to take one with my phone, but we talked to much I guess.

.... or ate too much? :p Wow, dinner and then after dinner at Starbucks -- that sounds heavenly! Glad you all Throwdowners could get together.

Latest posts

Back