Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 7-6-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget to mention that I weighed to verify the operation of the scale.

This morning at approximately 6:30 I weighed 183.2. That is after oven baked beer battered fish with macaroni and cheese for dinner last night. So, I'm happy.

That makes my total loss from the start of the Race to RWB to be 10.4.

So, my starting weight for the Founders' Race is 183.2.

I'm laying down the gauntlet and predicting my victory in the Founders' Race. Who wants to try to beat me? hehehe

Spot me 5-10 pounds and I will!:thumbup::wink2:

Wow, the Throwdown has its own high-powered consultant cranking out data on The Founding (pro bono, I assume, or is Mr. ElectLive Consultant (aka El Consultador) being paid in banana pudding? :tongue2:)

Okay, the Man of Steel (ha!) needs to try, try again to trim some excess non-steel. Have had a rather sedentary week (partly because of the incredible, relentless heat) and some unwise eating (due to July 4-plus)....:redface2:

Anyway, I will get my Founder's Race start point the first of the week.

Meanwhile, will I violate any rules if I post here a link to my new blog, Pancake Pundit? It is serving up mostly light fare with a side of serious. I want it to be informative but fun. It starts from my making my almost-famous Pop-Pop Pancakes for my grandchildren, and will drift in such areas as transitioning to senior years, coping with health issues such as heart surgery (sound familiar?), fitness (though I am no exemplar, I try), education, family life, and probably a little politics (but I want to keep the tone civil; will welcome other views). Mostly I want this to be light and fun. :smile2:

If I have run afoul of rules or Ref proclamations by posting this plug here, just PM me, and I will edit and erase this part of my message. (But I will remain in the TD and Founder's competition.)

The link for Pancake Pundit is:

https:www.Facebook.com/Pancake.Pundit

And you don't have to be a FB participant to get to it. My tech-savvy daughter assured me of that and I tested it out with a friend in DC who somehow has never joined Facebook. He was able to get to the blog fine.

Thanks for looking and "liking" if you are so moved.

Last edited:
Duffey, I believe you will need clearance from the Ref for preferential spotting! Oh, yeah.... you are/were/are the Ref. I think the answer is yes then!

Glad to see the man of steel fly in! I would love to follow your blog and will read it today. Have a family reunion with my sisters and their families today. Food hell of course.

Okey dokey, Superbob is now geared to enter the contest and be worthy of wearing his cape again.:thumb up: He has always had lousy scales -- one old-fashioned set that he could not read well because... because, well, kinda the problem of seeing over his gut. :eek2: The other a digital set that jumped numbers all over the place and flashed different ones every time.

Well, Superbob has done got himself a spiffy Weight Watchers' scale (bright red color no less, SB's fav!), and it gives a sure enough stable reading (scary though that number is at the moment). Superbob picked this one because the Kentucky Flash is a known WW user and SB admires all that The Flash has accomplished. Who knows, maybe SB will even check out the WW site and consider trying that point system (which goes contrary to all his eating habits of the past 70-plus years, but who knows, maybe an old dawg can learn new tricks. :p

Bob ... Good to see you back ... This little sprint will be a warm up for a possible race to Thanksgiving at which time my diet efforts seem to go into hibernation:redface2: ... maybe not this year:thumbup:

I didn't buy a new scale, but today I did buy a new battery for the one I've got. After putting it in, I had a sudden, terrible thought. What if I weigh more now that it's working properly?:eek2:
Course, it could turn out that I weigh less. We'll see when I weigh tomorrow.
For those who haven't checked out Bob's Pancake Pundit, you're missing a good blog. Check it out!:smile2:

Superbob loves his new WW scales. Step on and the number comes right up, no waffling. No, it's not a pleasing number, but something I can work on.

Plus, these scales have a capacity of 400 pounds, so I'm covered. (I think)....:cool:

Duffey, I thought the same thing about the scales and the new battery. I think mine was consistent, but will curious to see how your scale behaves.

SB, glad you like the new WW scale. They will even weigh you metrically! By the way, I agree with Duffey, the new blog is a hit.

Duffey, I thought the same thing about the scales and the new battery. I think mine was consistent, but will curious to see how your scale behaves.

SB, glad you like the new WW scale. They will even weigh you metrically! By the way, I agree with Duffey, the new blog is a hit.

Well, sadly, the spiffy WW scales tell me I weighed 270.9 this morning. I actually have peeled off (yes, that's peeled, not another word, read carefully :tongue2:) a few pounds since I bought it last week, but I will use that as my starting weight and not count the quick, easy drop. I am up about a pound from what I weighed after finishing cardiac rehab in 2005, and up 4 pounds from when we started the Throwdown in 2007. So none of that is good. At all. Got to do something about it. :thumbup:

I put a new battery in the scales, and this morning my weight is about the same as it has been. I might be weighing a pound more, but it's hard to tell since I had to weigh at a different time than usual.
I also saw my new cardiologist this morning. I have had 4 cardiologists (five if I count the one assigned to me in St. Louis for my surgery) since my stenosis was discovered in 2001. I am happy to say that I think I am going to have a good doctor/patient relationship with this one. The cardiologist is a female and did part of her residency at CC. It was in the field of reading echos, etc. which I believe will be a major plus in determining if, and when, I need another replacement. The appointment went so well, I think I will call my PCP and schedule the appointment that I was suppose to have kept almost a year ago.:wink2:

The peach shake is back and I had to indulge:redface2: .... One peach shake does not a diet bust:tongue2:

Hi Earline!!! Glad you are back!!! ... Everyone here gains and loses so don’t give up just keep trying ... you can do it:thumbup:

Earline,

I wanted to add my "welcome, back" to that of our fearless leader, The Chimp!

Don't worry, Earline, I have been the Biggest Gainer here. I'm sure you'll do fine, and your participation will help us all.

I wish I had gotten these Weight Watchers scales years ago. How wonderful to step on scales and get a definitive number that's not jumping around.

I am not going to report every day but I am also pleased that my weight is down 1.9 pounds since yesterday morning. Hope to continue the trend. I know I won't be losing 1.9 a day, but I intend to make progress.:thumbup:

Maybe Superbob can win this race to Founders Day in August --- what's the prize? :biggrin2:

Duffey, great news regarding your cardiologist appointment. I hope the relationship continues to flourish. Good luck with the other possible doctor's appointment. I have been putting off getting a local gp because I want my weight on the thin side; in my experience my cholesterol levels are only near normal if I'm thin enough to be told "you're losing too much weight" by the women in my life. That's always a marker of success.

Earline, I believe that your cyber badge is now in place. Welcome back! Regarding Facebook, I saw my sisters recently and they did not know that I'm not on Facebook currently. That goes to show who keeps up with me; my friends more than my family...hehe.

Cooker, I think it is important to remember that you can have milkshakes. Of course, in moderation as we all know. Being deprived is a mistake. I hope you enjoyed it!

SB, I like my scales rather well again, now that they are juiced up. I know that they can keep track of your weight loss journey (I think), but I only use them to weigh myself. I was thinking that seven years ago I weighed almost thirty pounds less than I do now, so I am still technically fat even though I won the last stretch of the Throwdown. I want to get down to at least 160 because I feel so much better at the weight level energy wise and will be able to buy better clothes. Short and round is difficult to buy for. Now if I were a big tall man of steel all I would need is a cape!

Latest posts

Back