Cooker's Throwdown Friday III --- 6-18

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
TheChimp is starting this thread under protest ... can you protest yourself:confused2: ... Bad Chimp:mad2: ... I have been indulging and my weight is up ... I will post but am gonna wait until tomorrow in hopes of some sort of recovery ... Might I say that I have enjoyed every milkshake, and there have been a lot of them:redface2:

Hoping everyone else has done a better job that me!!!! .... There is always next week ... Heading to IOP today so I'm sure I will indulge in some fried seafood!!!!

Superbob is betting The Chimp uses some blend of tropical juices (prune/banana?) and restores the desired weight soon. :D

Meanwhile, Superbob looks to be about the same weight as last week, but he will make the effort to shed all this superhero gear and do the official weigh-in tomorrow.

Good luck to all.

Oh, let me clarify something for those who don't know the South Carolina coast ... IOP = Isle Of Palms, not Intensive Out Patient ... LOL ... Although I could use some IOP for my milkshake addiction:biggrin2:

Oh, let me clarify something for those who don't know the South Carolina coast ... IOP = Isle Of Palms, not Intensive Out Patient ... LOL ... Although I could use some IOP for my milkshake addiction:biggrin2:

LOL, I thought you had misspelled IHOP! Anyway, that's sounds great. Be sure to pet the turtles while you're there!

Superbob assumes the Kentucky Flash is uncatchable in the Great Red, White, and Blue Race, so you might as well enjoy a heaping plate of fried seafood, Mr. Chimp. In fact, an astute strategy might be to feast from now through July 4 -- the better to have extra pounds to shed in the next sprint -- the Race to Thanksgiving? :p:D

As far as IOP, Intensive Out Patient pretty much describes SB's permanent state. :p

LOL, I thought you had misspelled IHOP! Anyway, that's sounds great. Be sure to pet the turtles while you're there!

Great minds think alike Wise, only I was scratching my head trying to figure out why anyone would eat fried seafood at IHOP! Thanks for clarifying that for us Chimpster. I'm betting there is some good seafood to be had on the Carolina coast. Wouldn't want to be eating any Louisiana seafood right now though - poor fisherman and fish/wildlife in general. What a debacle that whole mess is.

I have had an excellent week - down many pounds - but I started the week many pounds up after a really bad week-long binge last week. I'll be back to check in tomorrow (when the boss isn't looking). :);)

Not up , not down...stayed the same...I am rather sick of this sameness but it seems to be quite comfy staying with me...weather is colder, seems we have found winter at last...I dont work well in the mornings or in winter so several Lattes a day (even skim milk ones) are probably not diet-friendly but they do warm the heart and fire the body up for the next round of cleaning....I am on the look out for an addiction that involves aerobic activity...so far I have yet to find one...I am loving virtual farming but it doesnt actually require you to burn many calories unfortunately.

I vowed that I would always post my progress or lack there of and today is no different, although I wish it were ... if I were as committed to weight loss as I am to keeping this ThrowDownn going I would be giving TheFlash a run for his money ... I am pretty disgusted with myself but that's my problem, not yours ... I know what has happened / happening and I know what to do about it ... not looking for a hug just venting to myself via the ThrowDown......

Starting Weight: 233
Last Week: 198
This Week: 206:mad2:

Way to go SuperBob! I know that feeling of being disgusted with yourself Cooker - that was me last week. But like you said you know what to do about it and you will when you get disgusted enough!! My time of being disgusted enough was last Sunday. I am happy to report that I have lost 8.6 lbs since then. Now that tells you how disgustingly bad I was.

I must retain water something crazy when I over carb myself - with the bad kind of carbs I mean. There are plenty of good carbs they just don't taste as good!:p The water just comes right back out when I start eating right again (maybe something to do with the heart valve?? :confused:

Before anyone gets to excited about my 8.6 loss in less than a week - let it be known that I am still in the red when it comes to the Race for the RW&B. With any luck I'll get into the blue before then, but the chances of catching SB or the KY Flash are zilch I'm afraid. At least I'm back on track (but ifxing to go to a team lunch at a fabulous BBQ place? Can I be good? My mood says maybe not. Tonight is DS (Dear Sister's) birthday dinner - so gotta eat out again!

Later losers:cool:

Okay Superbob contributed to getting the threads out of order by jabbering about "sugar pies." I mean "sugar pie" is something the Carolina girls call Superbob so he got a little confused. :p So anyway, lookee Mr. Chimp, more than 70 replies last week! The Throwdowners luv The Chimp and are glad to see him back in charge. Your recent weight gain will be history before long, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, today is Mrs. Superbob's birthday, and Son of Superbob is taking us all to the Sea Captain's house for a huge seafood meal. Then we have birthday cake from the finest bakery in the area. Then tomorrow is Dad's Day, and I am sure there will be more food involved. Anyway, the Kentucky Flash's lead in the RW&B Race no doubt is safe. :D

Okay Superbob contributed to getting the threads out of order by jabbering about "sugar pies." I mean "sugar pie" is something the Carolina girls call Superbob so he got a little confused. :p So anyway, lookee Mr. Chimp, more than 70 replies last week! The Throwdowners luv The Chimp and are glad to see him back in charge. Your recent weight gain will be history before long, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, today is Mrs. Superbob's birthday, and Son of Superbob is taking us all to the Sea Captain's house for a huge seafood meal. Then we have birthday cake from the finest bakery in the area. Then tomorrow is Dad's Day, and I am sure there will be more food involved. Anyway, the Kentucky Flash's lead in the RW&B Race no doubt is safe. :D

First of all, Happy Birthday Mrs. Superbob! I hope you have a terrific day.

Sea Captain's House! That is my very favorite restaurant in MB. Stuffed Flounder! Yum, yum, yum! Cindy would have She Crab Soup for appetizer. I've wanted to be at the beach anyway, so just intensifies it! Enjoy it for us too!!

Yes, we the love the Chimp. We all love the Superhero too. You know as well as I do that the reason there were 70 responses to that thread is that the main topic was food!!!!!

Alright, here's our report for today.

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 140.8
Last Week: 134.2
This Week: 133.8
Loss: -.4
Total Loss: 7

WISE:

Starting Weight: 194.2
Last Week: 168.4
This Week: 168
Loss: -.4
Total Loss: 26.2

My loss in the Race to RWB is 13 pounds even now. Cindy has now lost 1.4 since then (she had so little to lose at that point anyway).

Good going everyone. Cooker, weighing in on a bad week is a victory in itself.

Congratulations to the Kentucky Flash and to Cindy -- they are the phenoms of the Throwdown world! :D What will be the Flash's reward for winning the RW&B Race? After gorging himself yesterday, Superbob thinks he is for sure out of the running. :eek:

:redface2: I hope you all can forgive me for being gone for so long. I guess the "twinadoes" have kept me a bit preoccupied with other things. I mean, it's a good thing that I haven't been thinking about my heart so much lately, but no so good to let myself drift away from VR and all of you. You are, after all, family.

As for my weight... There were a couple of months when I actually was down below my last weigh in. But right now I'm sitting at 140 and I'd like to bring it down at least 10 pounds. I know it's not going to magically happen (hey, a girl can dream, right?), so I need to come up with a plan for exercise and healthy eating. The healthy eating hasn't been too bad, it's just the portions I seem to keep getting wrong (cleaning the babies' plates after they're done...). Exercise has been pretty much non-existent other than picking up my 20+ pound children multiple times every day. I want to get back into walking, but it's so dang hot right now I'm not sure if that would be wise. So I'm working on a plan and hope coming back here will motivate me to get my butt in gear (and into a smaller size).

:redface2: I hope you all can forgive me for being gone for so long. I guess the "twinadoes" have kept me a bit preoccupied with other things. I mean, it's a good thing that I haven't been thinking about my heart so much lately, but no so good to let myself drift away from VR and all of you. You are, after all, family.

As for my weight... There were a couple of months when I actually was down below my last weigh in. But right now I'm sitting at 140 and I'd like to bring it down at least 10 pounds. I know it's not going to magically happen (hey, a girl can dream, right?), so I need to come up with a plan for exercise and healthy eating. The healthy eating hasn't been too bad, it's just the portions I seem to keep getting wrong (cleaning the babies' plates after they're done...). Exercise has been pretty much non-existent other than picking up my 20+ pound children multiple times every day. I want to get back into walking, but it's so dang hot right now I'm not sure if that would be wise. So I'm working on a plan and hope coming back here will motivate me to get my butt in gear (and into a smaller size).

Niki! Great to see you back with us! I am sure that handling those "twinadoes" brings plenty of exercise. I get worn out just trying to keep up with my grandkids for a few hours at a time. As for walking, I am having the same problem here with the heat -- already looking forward to fall's walking weather but have to survive the SC summer first. Looking forward to your posts.

Latest posts

Back