Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 4-6-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member

Greeting losers!! I hope everyone has had a good week and stayed on their plan!! I have done pretty well considering I had a one day blowout that revolved around milk a shake binge. I’m down 1/2 pound for the week and I’ll take any scale movement in the downward direction!!

I have kept up with my walking and I know that help and no doubt I feel better when exercising. I just need to remember to take it slow and easy as Bonnie would remind us.

Congratulations to the Kentucky Flash on the big round ball win!!!:thumbup:

Now I’m off to spend the day with Sherry ... going to see if I can talk her into a trip to the zoo to check on some of my relatives:tongue2:

Last Week: 216.5
This Week: 216.0

Last edited:

Greeting losers!! I hope everyone has had a good week and stayed on their plan!! I have done pretty well considering I had a one day blowout that revolved around milk a shake binge. I’m down 1/2 pound for the week and I’ll take any scale movement in the downward direction!!

I have kept up with my walking and I know that help and no doubt I feel better when exercising. I just need to remember to take it slow and easy as Bonnie would remind us.

Congratulations to the Kentucky Flash on the big round ball win!!!:thumbup:

Now I’m off to spend the day with Sherry ... going to see if I can tlk her into a trip to the zoo to check on some of my relatives:tongue2:

Last Week: 216.5
This Week: 216.0

Good job, Chimp! You are making real progress both with your exercising and in limiting the sugar.:smile2:

I stayed the same and intend to keep the Easter candy out of sight until Saturday night, then send it all home with the grandkids on Sunday.:smile2:

Happy Easter everyone!:smile2:

138.5 yesterday. hovering in the same place.
We've got a crew in painting and re-carpeting the office, and I'm in the kitchen...unable to do much work, until the crew finishes and I unpack my office. Guess I don't need any extra exercise today!

Superbob has been spinning his wheels on weight. Still really need a reliable set of doctor's-type scales to go by; probably the Y has them. But something good happened today. Got an online offer from CVS to have a diabetes screening at the new Minute Clinic at a CVS near here. Went, and two very nice nurses spent a whole hour taking blood sugar, A1C, cholesterol, and other readings (they could get the results right there), and doing various other tests and giving me some great info. Good news was that my A1C rise for the 3 months over the holidays has dropped back .4 points, which should please my doctor (and maybe he'll give me some credit for going to this clinic on my own). Weight was not equally pleasing, but it was not nekkid weight. ;) Anyway, all this gave me new motivation to get back on track after Easter. And Happy Easter everyone!

They did at least $150 of diagnostic testing for free! I am a fan of CVS and recommend getting an online account and checking out all they have to offer.

Again, have a happy hop down the bunny trail everyone (that should burn some calories -- :thumbup:

Happy Easter!!

He Has Risen!!!

I declare diet amnesty today !!!!

We are off to sunrise service then a breakfast, later lunch with friends then an afternoon of watching the Masters.... priceless:smile2:​

Last edited:
In accordance with The Chimp's one-day diet amnesty, Superbob has before him a strawberry cake his DW has made. Despite the amnesty, he will have to exercise some restraint or his blood sugar will send him to the ER. :eek2:

Happy Easter, Throwdowners!

Well, aren’t we a quiet bunch this week ... my weight seems to be stuck, up a pound, down a pound ... I know these plateaus happen but it does not make them any less frustrating but I need to remember that slow and steady is the key for me ... I have always been an “I want it now” kind of guy and I want to be three pant sizes smaller NOW!!!:eek2: ... Ain’t gonna happen ... so I’ll keep watching my diet and walking and let the chips fall where they may ..... now I want chips:rolleyes2:

Superbob and family were at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans game last night. SB ate a hot dog (how can you go to the great American game and not eat a hot dog?) and finished DW's Philly cheesesteak for her (how can you let good food go to waste?), and then shared her nachos and cheese at her insistence, and ate some peanuts offered by Son of Superbob. All in all, I think there was some good protein had and of course a good time had by all, including the grand kiddies. DW, the sugar lady, finished the evening with cotton candy so she was very happy. The Pelicans lost but today is another game, which is a wonderful thing about baseball. :biggrin2:

Not sure how all this translates to the scales (if I had reliable ones). Got to mix in fresh fruit and veggies today and depend on Superdawg to be my personal trainer.:thumbup:

Superbob and family were at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans game last night. SB ate a hot dog (how can you go to the great American game and not eat a hot dog?) and finished DW's Philly cheesesteak for her (how can you let good food go to waste?), and then shared her nachos and cheese at her insistence, and ate some peanuts offered by Son of Superbob. All in all, I think there was some good protein had and of course a good time had by all, including the grand kiddies. DW, the sugar lady, finished the evening with cotton candy so she was very happy. The Pelicans lost but today is another game, which is a wonderful thing about baseball. :biggrin2:

Not sure how all this translates to the scales (if I had reliable ones). Got to mix in fresh fruit and veggies today and depend on Superdawg to be my personal trainer.:thumbup:

Sounds great Bob!! No way I can go to a ball game and not enjoy the dogs and peanuts!!! The song says it all and requires that we endulge!!!

Have we slowed down because of the Easter holiday and Spring, or because of Superbob's ramblings about just having a year-end goal? If the latter, hey guys don't let Superbob's meanderings throw you off. The Man of Steel is to be taken seriously only in times of crisis. :biggrin2:

Should we start a sprint -- maybe to the Fourth of July, a good ol' red-white-and-blue American celebration that brings us all together? Superbob has decided he's okay with using his jumpy digital scales, even though they actually seem to weigh higher than the doctor's scales. But that would be okay because I would get a nice surprise in a weight-loss bonus at my doctor's appointments.:thumbup:

I have to say that I seem to do better when we've got a contest going on, but I'm ok with whatever we decide to do.:smile2:

Of course I can't contribute to the conversation about my week's weight struggles without a new thread.:eek2: Come on, Cooker, start the thread!:tongue2::tongue2:

Latest posts

Back