Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 11-25-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! I know this is an American Holiday but we all have much to be thankful for:thumbup: ... I have had a slip this week on my eating but still managed to lose 1/2 pound:smile2: ... I think it was due to the fact that I have been so busy that I have not had time to eat as much and when I sat down I was so tired I just did not feel like eating ....

Last weeks thread was great! ... The activity level was wonderful and I apologize for not being more a part of the banter, again just as busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest:tongue2: ... I was reprimanded for not being around:rolleyes2: and I will try and do better although this coming week will be crazy as well:eek2:

Holiday Maintenance Start Weight: 222.0
Last Week: 216.5
This Week: 216.0

Talk about maintaining! I stayed the same this week as last.:tongue2:

All five kids are home, well at least in town, so I'm a happy camper.:smile2:
We're headed to our nephew's in the St. Louis area for lunch, but I've got two turkey breasts going in the crockpot for tonight.:thumbup:

I hope everyone enjoys the day and finds plenty in their hearts to be thankful for.:smile2:

Talk about maintaining! I stayed the same this week as last.:tongue2:

All five kids are home, well at least in town, so I'm a happy camper.:smile2:
We're headed to our nephew's in the St. Louis area for lunch, but I've got two turkey breasts going in the crockpot for tonight.:thumbup:

I hope everyone enjoys the day and finds plenty in their hearts to be thankful for.:smile2:

To one of my favorite turkeys, have a great day and be careful as you travel!!!!

Superbob has rather amazingly maintained this week, even though he has struggled to exercise. Superdawg gets the credit though SB struggles to give her the walks she deserves. (Memo to self: got to make the effort also to drive to the Y and get in the pool on a regular basis.)

Starting weight for the Challenge to Maintain: 258 pounds

Current weight: 258.

Superbob is thankful for many, many things, including this site and his friends here. :thumbup:

Superbob and the Missus will go to a fine restaurant located on a scenic lake and enjoy a bounteous feast arrayed on a buffet. Without being fanatic about it, SB is of a mind to enjoy protein (the standing rib roast comes to mind) and healthy veggies and go light on the rich sauces and sweets. Just a modest sampling of the sweets. :smile2:

Happy Thanksgiving to The Chimp and all members of his merry TD band! :D:D:D

So far so good!!! ... Three Throwdowners have maintained ... Good things to come from from others I'm sure .... glad I weighed and reported this morning:biggrin2:

Still don't know what we weigh. Maybe next week. Good job maintainers! We had Thanksgiving dinner at a couple's house we've been friends with forever. It was the simplest Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had, but it was the absolute best. Moist turkey, who would've thought?! I found a cranberry sauce recipe that was idiot proof and the best I've ever had.

Probably will weigh next week and see where we're at. Have a good weekend all!

I'll never understand how people live without a scale. :confused: If i stayed the same it'll be a gift for sure probably a gain. Meals were delicious but oh the desserts.:eek: Keep up the good work everyone.

I'll never understand how people live without a scale. :confused: If i stayed the same it'll be a gift for sure probably a gain. Meals were delicious but oh the desserts.:eek: Keep up the good work everyone.

I'm in total agreement. Give me the desserts if nothing else!

I haven't gotten near a scale! In addition to Thanksgiving, we had a 3 day agility trial this weekend.

We were so tired, we ordered the forbidden pizza Saturday night.

I'm back on my diet today, and we'll see where I am at the end of the week.

Baaaad is a permanent state of being for you, chimp.:tongue2:

I got five miles in walking since Friday evening. Tonight sleet and rain is falling, so no walk.

True, I must admit that badness is a Chimp Trait:tongue2: .... But a Chimp would walk through rain, sleet or snow ... after all, we are the original mail carriers:biggrin2::tongue2:

Well, Thanksgiving's effect on my body was SAD. Even my weight scale cried. I'm on the mend, even if not being totally "good." Cindy seems to have forgotten where the scale is ; ) !!!

I found a cranberry sauce recipe by Tyler Florence. I think I'll make it again soon, holiday or not. It was just raw cranberries, sugar, zest and juice from an orange and a cinnamon stick. It was simmered until the berries pop. OMG....unless you don't like cranberries, then I guess it was O Yuck.

We have a roast in a crock pot. With part of the meat, Cindy will make vegetable soup. We'll be set for a few days!

Homemade veggie soup -- yum! Sounds like all is well in the Kentucky Flash household! :thumbup: Ignore those weeping scales. :p

Superbob is trying to work up his courage to start back in the Y pool tomorrow -- either in an aqua class (which is at 9, awfully early for SB's biological clock) or doing laps in the afternoon. Probably the latter. :smile2:

The beauty of swimming is you don't really need to be awake when you hit the water. I drove to the pool (4:45am) half a sleep for almost 20 years and let the water jump start me awake, and it did!:eek2:

Wise, ask Cindy if she's waiting for my arrival to help her find the scales. At the rate I'm walking, she's got time to dilly dally around.:tongue2:

I've not had a good day with my eating. The weather yelled out for comfort food, and I obliged. Thank goodness, tomorrow's another day.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back