Cooker's Throwdown Friday II ..... 3-6-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this mean The Ref has been caught with her fingers in the cookie jar? :p:p:p Tsk, tsk, tsk, :)

Good job Sue, Ton, and others. (And okay you too, Ref -- a pound on someone already as slim and trim as you is nothing.)

Here's hoping The Chimp is feeling much better today.

Thanks SB ..... better but not completely over this nasty bug ..... but I do have my appetite back:rolleyes:

Unfortunately it wasn't the cookie jar; it was the Girl Scout cookie box.:mad:I had been advised to freeze them, which I did, but then our son dropped off two boxes that he had bought but didn't want to eat.
I guess there is no safe haven!;):p:p:p

Unfortunately it wasn't the cookie jar; it was the Girl Scout cookie box.:mad:I had been advised to freeze them, which I did, but then our son dropped off two boxes that he had bought but didn't want to eat.
I guess there is no safe haven!;):p:p:p

Memo to The Ref: Get the GS selection that comes in 100-cal packs. Eat just one a day.

No charge. Free advice from The Man of Steel. :D;)

Confessions Of A Chimp

Confessions Of A Chimp

I have been doing pretty well for the past few weeks, treating myself to one non Weight Watcher type meal per week and losing weight ? This Friday we traveled out of town (25 miles:rolleyes:) to our favorite Philly Cheese Steak proprietor for our usual large sandwich (each) with a shared basket of fries. Still on track at this point ? On Saturday we always order lunch out and have it delivered to the dealership ? I ordered my usual Greek salad, they screwed up the order and sent a large Philly Cheese Steak by mistake, not being one to complain I ate it:rolleyes: ? Sunday night we had, what in the deep south Baptist churches is known as a ?Choir Sing? ... this is where two or three other church choirs come and each choir sing a couple songs ? great fun if you are into that type of thing (which I am) ? Being the host church and southern hospitality being deeply in grained were obliged (and expected) to host a social afterwards:rolleyes: ? ?finger food? in Baptist lingo translates in all other languages as ?full buffet?:eek: ? I stayed away, not touching a bite and was doing pretty well until I to the drink table for a DMD (Diet Mountain Dew) and they had set up the dessert table right there next to the drink table ? I saw a brownie platter (Karlynn:p) and a HUGE pan of banana pudding ?. TheChimp became an instant ?backslider? (Baptist lingo as well) ? end confession ? I do not predict a hair cut this week unless I can get a call into DR. Orang Utang for a prescription for Medical Prune Juice:p ?..

Cooker - sometimes a few extra calories helps jump-start a loss (at least that's what I tell myself).

I survived the Sweets table at my niece's wedding. Oh goodness - how I did it I'll never know - well yes I do. I was having too much fun watching my party-girl 2 1/2 year old Granddaughter have the time of her life dancing.

There were big thick slices of carrot cake, chocolate fudge cake with a cheesecake layer (Satan get behind me), Black Forest cake...... but no brownies.

You better have started running already, cuz' the Ref is gonna see that prune juice comment.

Cooker - sometimes a few extra calories helps jump-start a loss (at least that's what I tell myself).

I survived the Sweets table at my niece's wedding. Oh goodness - how I did it I'll never know - well yes I do. I was having too much fun watching my party-girl 2 1/2 year old Granddaughter have the time of her life dancing.

There were big thick slices of carrot cake, chocolate fudge cake with a cheesecake layer (Satan get behind me), Black Forest cake...... but no brownies.

You better have started running already, cuz' the Ref is gonna see that prune juice comment.

And PUSH:D

I haven't weighed and I'm scared to!
So far I have kept off my negative 7 pounds,but now I feel a little pudgiER.
I am going to go bike riding on our bike path this week,so maybe this
will help. I think worse than floating is to gain back what you already lost.
This is tragedy.

Congratualtions to Cooker-I'm jealous, Aussigal,and Karlynn-for restraint.
And to Mary for non-restraint,I'm having problems too--The Ice Cream Wars
is still raging in my household. He just won't stop bringing the stuff home!
What am I to do? Give it to the neighbor's kids??

I haven't weighed and I'm scared to!
So far I have kept off my negative 7 pounds,but now I feel a little pudgiER.
I am going to go bike riding on our bike path this week,so maybe this
will help. I think worse than floating is to gain back what you already lost.
This is tragedy.

Congratualtions to Cooker-I'm jealous, Aussigal,and Karlynn-for restraint.
And to Mary for non-restraint,I'm having problems too--The Ice Cream Wars
is still raging in my household. He just won't stop bringing the stuff home!
What am I to do? Give it to the neighbor's kids??

If I am anywhere around ice cream I eat it.... plain and simple .... I love it ... so I understand .... make him go out and get some at the local ice cream shop .... more expensive but he gets his fix and you are not exposed to the temptation ... when I want ice cream I go to Baskin Robbins or the like and have what I want and be done with it ... if there is a container in the house I AM going to eat it.....

Down 1 - which puts me at 9.2 total. Didn't quite make my 10 pound goal. Must have been the hamburger and fries that I had Saturday night. Or the Hooter's Cobb Salad on Sunday (at least it wasn't boneless wings!).

Sounds like some are doing good, some staying the same, some stressing out. Sounds like a typical WW meeting!

Good luck on a new week everyone!

If I am anywhere around ice cream I eat it.... plain and simple .... I love it ... so I understand .... make him go out and get some at the local ice cream shop .... more expensive but he gets his fix and you are not exposed to the temptation ... when I want ice cream I go to Baskin Robbins or the like and have what I want and be done with it ... if there is a container in the house I AM going to eat it.....
I've been known to do the same with brownies and cookies. Stop by Mrs. Fields, or the bakery and buy just one. If it's in the house, I eat it! Or in computer-speak IIITHIEI. :D

Down 1 - which puts me at 9.2 total. Didn't quite make my 10 pound goal. Must have been the hamburger and fries that I had Saturday night. Or the Hooter's Cobb Salad on Sunday (at least it wasn't boneless wings!).

Sounds like some are doing good, some staying the same, some stressing out. Sounds like a typical WW meeting!

Good luck on a new week everyone!

Congrats on the loss, Lisa. And I know The Chimp will approve of the Hooters fare. In fact, Hooters fare could be the official food of Cooker's ThrowDown. :D:p;)

Well I did get up the courage to get on the scales this morning and I was down a 1/4 pound .... so maybe you are right:D

So now prune juice is approved for "medicinal purposes." Must have been a change of administrations! :p:p;)

I do not predict a hair cut this week unless I can get a call into DR. Orang Utang for a prescription for Medical Prune Juice

Chimp's words . . . no approval from the Ref.:cool:

Resume play . . . .;)

Latest posts

Back