Cooker's Throwdown Friday II ..... 3-6-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been 2 weeks exactly since I started my "sweets fast" for Lent so I stepped on the scale. I've lost 6 pounds. This is really stumping me. I don't eat that many sweets. It's not like I was having a big bowl of ice cream every day. I've eliminated all sugar from my diet and for some reason - that seems to be what my body wants. I'm guessing that the sugar was making my body hang on to water weight.

The cravings have decreased, and truthfully weren't all that bad when I stopped. But it looks like that I'll need to keep this up after Lent is over. :( Alas poor brownies - I knew you well.

Congrats Cooker! Nice hair-cut. But I have to say - I kind of liked the Hippie Look on you. Are you going to grow it back for the next target weight incentive?

Been 2 weeks exactly since I started my "sweets fast" for Lent so I stepped on the scale. I've lost 6 pounds. This is really stumping me. I don't eat that many sweets. It's not like I was having a big bowl of ice cream every day. I've eliminated all sugar from my diet and for some reason - that seems to be what my body wants. I'm guessing that the sugar was making my body hang on to water weight.

The cravings have decreased, and truthfully weren't all that bad when I stopped. But it looks like that I'll need to keep this up after Lent is over. :( Alas poor brownies - I knew you well.

Congratulations Karlynn! That is awesome! :) Bye, bye brownies, hello bikini!:p

6 Pounds---Great!
Are you eating fruits,or are they out too? I don't eat sugar,but I do have
apples,strawberries,blueberries and oranges. I don't eat potatoes or rice
anymore either. I sometimes add atsp of honey to my tea-but thats it.
If you got 'negative' results so quickly it could be a chemical response
and if so,even natural sugars in fruit could be the problem.

I'm happy for you!

Congratulations on your weight loss! Way to go.

My second comment on your post is this: This is the scariest post I have ever read. :eek::eek::eek: Why, you ask? Because I am a sugarholic and now see a bright shining light illuminating a pathway I know not how to walk on. :rolleyes::eek::eek:;)

I weighed this morning and I show a 1 1/2 pound loss; however it's the same 1 1/2 pounds I found last week. I'm on track now (again) and hope to continue this progress. However, the sugar thing has me thinking.

Wise - I think people would be surprised to see what I gave up as far as sugar goes, because it really wasn't a lot. But it must have made the difference. You have been doing really well on your weight loss, so keep up the good work.

Dina - I'm thinking that refined sugar is what my body doesn't like. I do eat fruit - but mostly the lower carb fruits like strawberries, blueberries etc. I have been having an occasional 1/2 apple or pear. I also stay away from potatoes and rice. I will occasionally have whole grain cous cous or brown rice. But I've been doing that all along with no weight loss. It's just been giving up that refined sugar that has worked so far.

I still need to lose about 10 more - so we'll see if this keeps up. I'm a bit gun shy and don't want to get my hopes too high.

Mary - bikini you say ..... you first!!!!!

I will be MIA for the official weigh-in on Thursday/Friday due to the VR reunion in St. Louis, and although I will have a computer available, I cannot keep track of shenanigans regarding banned substances, etc. on the thread.;)
Therefore, in my official capacity of Ref, I commission SuperBob, SuperRef, until my return.;)

I will be MIA for the official weigh-in on Thursday/Friday due to the VR reunion in St. Louis, and although I will have a computer available, I cannot keep track of shenanigans regarding banned substances, etc. on the thread.;)
Therefore, in my official capacity of Ref, I commission SuperBob, SuperRef, until my return.;)
Isn't this kind of like putting the inmates in charge of the asylum? We love our Super Hero, but Cooker has his ways.

Isn't this kind of like putting the inmates in charge of the asylum? We love our Super Hero, but Cooker has his ways.

What, you afraid Superbob will mandate bikinis, or what? :p:p:p

We all know The Chimp rules anyway. The Ref was just trying to be nice to Superbob after rejecting his post-buffet cry for help last night. :p

Dangly monkeys? Toys? Superbob doesn't understand. :p Truly we need Bubba to interpret all this. :D

Uh, whut was th' Quesshun????

Whut in tarnation, wif th' Chump, ah mean Chimp, talkin' about playin' wif his Monkey, th' absentee Ref talkin' about her Monkey bein' a "li'l on th' dangly side" an' both Super Billy Bob an' Car Lynn gittin' th' deer in th' haidlight looks, it looked like th' thread was takin' on a SEX THREAD turn, as enny fool kin plainly see. Then Super Billy Bob protested somewhut weakly (ah deman' t'see a pitcher of th' heel marks bein' dragged thru th' dore! Fry mah hide!) about HAVING TO belly up th' th' Chinese Buf Et Bar an' th' dreaded banned substance was menshuned, cuss it all t' tarnation.

Seems thet about covahs it, doesn't it?

Now y'all play nice, yo' hear

Bubba :D

Whut in tarnation, wif th' Chump, ah mean Chimp, talkin' about playin' wif his Monkey, th' absentee Ref talkin' about her Monkey bein' a "li'l on th' dangly side" an' both Super Billy Bob an' Car Lynn gittin' th' deer in th' haidlight looks, it looked like th' thread was takin' on a SEX THREAD turn, as enny fool kin plainly see. Then Super Billy Bob protested somewhut weakly (ah deman' t'see a pitcher of th' heel marks bein' dragged thru th' dore! Fry mah hide!) about HAVING TO belly up th' th' Chinese Buf Et Bar an' th' dreaded banned substance was menshuned, cuss it all t' tarnation.

BUBBA'S BACK!!!! --- yahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Superbob steps aside from being the interim Ref and recommends the absentee Ref nominate BUBBA to this high position! He'll restore discipline to this thread! :D

(Great to see you here, Danny -- sure hope you are feeling a lot better!)

Congrats Cooker! Nice hair-cut. But I have to say - I kind of liked the Hippie Look on you. Are you going to grow it back for the next target weight incentive?

Thanks and the hair will come back when I weigh in this week and reset my new goal ... I'm reseting on the 9's and GREAT job on six pounds .... If I stay away from processed sugar I lose......

TheRef once again exceeds her authority:rolleyes: ... But SuperBob is a good choice and I approve .... TheChimp as Ref?....LMAO:D

All I can say is that it is ABOUT time you showed up you Ole knuckle draggin no postin redneck ..... I've missed ya boy:D ... welcome back:D

Spring is almost here can I join? I have to walk on a level surface or downhill is the best though. Checking in at 173 I'm skinny, but you ought to see my gut. I need to get rid of the abdominal fat.

TheRef once again exceeds her authority:rolleyes: ... :D

I just did what I do best . . . exceed!:p:p:p Just got up from the dinner table (10pm) so I fear what this get together will do for the scales.:eek:

Hey T-Bone, glad you're joining us.:)

SuperBob, I pronounced you Ref so you could see what it feels like to be on the other side of the whistle!;)

Gadget, you dog . . . where are you?:p

Mary- too bad you can't take some serious measures against sugar,prunes,
and other banned substances. I think that all the throwdowners should
have a set of scales connected to our desk chairs and an instrument to
detect any donut,ice cream or brownie residue installed on our keypad!!:p
Needless to say the results would be submitted to Cooker or Mary privately,
and from time to time we would need to ensure compliance by having a
random 'visit'.
This is all in our best interest...summer IS coming!

Okay,forget it,I'll just hide in the closet this summer;)

Latest posts

Back