Cooker's Throwdown Friday II ..... 3-6-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
You losers are going to have to put up with the hair far at least 2 more downward pounds:p ... I'm down 2 this week but still have 2 to go to break into the 180's ...

As you know I was sick and thought I was on the mend but woke up yesterday with sore throat and glands on the right side:mad: ... I don't do sick well, heart surgery yes, the plain old crud no .... Not looking for sympathy just sharing so you will know why I am not my usual Chimpish self:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has had a good week and will have a successful week this week...:):)

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............193
This week...............191
Total Loss ..............42

Congrats, Cooker -- but please take care of yourself. (you know the drill: rest, plenty of liquids, and consult the doc if it's not getting better -- my doc is quick on the prescription trigger for me because of my heart history)

As for Superbob, amazingly he is also DOWN two pounds this week, even though the big snowstorm here last Sunday has kept him from walking a restless Superdawg. Maybe SB and SD can find some ice-free stretches today.

Stress seems to help with weight loss, too. And there is a load of that. Plus, my new Type II med may be helping with weight loss; it is definitely helping with the sugar count.

GOAL for 2009: Lose 20 pounds.

PAST WEEK: lost 2 pounds.

PROGRESS FOR THE YEAR: down 8 pounds

(Progress since original start of Throwdown: down 18 pounds.)

Cooker, you are an inspiration! WOW! Aren't you the man!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Hope you are getting enough enrichment to keep all those nasty bugs at bay. Don't forget all my tricks!! Wash your hands a ton (you probably shake a lot of hands). Keep a little bottle of that anti-viral gel in your car so everytime you go somewhere icky (like the grocery store...have you watched sick babies chew on those handlebars?) you can swab off the germs. Don't ever touch public door handles, railings and such, use your butt or arm or shoulder and gain better balance going up and down stairs without the railings. Hmmm. Use paper towels in the home bathroom (instead of sharing towels). Get your very own tube of toothpaste, don't even share with dear wife. Hope you feel better soon, crabby-apple-pants!! You may have met your match... read on.... ;)

I have been dodging this thread. I have found out for real that I am a stress eater (wish I were more like Superbob!). I have not gained any weight, but I have not lost, either. Good thing is that our son has been called upon for jury duty, special judge's court (of course we don't know what it's about and won't for the duration) and the courthouse is just 10 minutes from home and Curves is on the way. SO!! At least I have been good about dropping him off and going to Curves and sometimes walking a track 2 miles after that. But oh, that upper arm flab!!! I hate it!! It needs to go and I don't think Curves is enough for that.

And the stress is just gnawing away at my gut and the Nexium isn't really helping for that. Maybe I should add valium on a daily basis instead of as needed? (seriously, I'm asking!!) I hate to whine, but having husband at home and he reads voraciously and he's trying not to "castastrophize" about everything (um, no jobs in his industry anywhere... paring down, pretty much instead) and he spends his time doing Scrooge McDuck calculations over and over. We've been looking at downsizing our home situation (by 2/3s!!!) and I'm the only one who is going to go through all the stuff to get rid of it. We go out, look around at real estate (and as if someone would buy our house!), eat a fattening lunch and go home and talk, talk, talk, talk. It's not like I don't already do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, now taking 9 credit hours to update my teaching license and am working a part time job!!! I am not Superwoman. I am 55!!! I think I am going crazy!!!

Whew. Okay. Thanks for listening to THAT!!

Now time to go chew on some curds and whey for being a bad girl and letting all my frustrations out on you guys. :(:(:(

Marguerite

Marguerite,

Yes, I think you are Superwoman.:) You've got a tremendous amount on your plate (no pun intended;)) and frankly I don't know how you're able to cope with the stress and worry. You've got my vote for the Super Hero Hall of Fame!:)

Marguerite, I'm not part of the throwdown, but I feel sad for you.....can you call a family meeting and have the men/boys each take on another chore?
You DON'T have to be Superwoman.....share the load. :)

Well, I'm here and reporting in. Not a good WW week.....well, actually I wasn't on the program very much of it. Didn't walk because of the cold and snow, didn't drink my water, and wasn't following the plan. Guess I was doing the "Evelyn Plan" and it showed. Up 1.5 this week. However, when I got home today the first thing we did was take the dogos out for their walk and then had a ww lunch. YAAAAAY!!! Feels good to be back on program. Gearing up for a good week next week.

Evelyn

SuperBob, great job!:)

Evelyn, next week will be better!:)

I should mention now that I have an excused absence for next Friday's weighin . . . St. Louis VR reunion . . . I intend to forego the diet for the duration.:p:p

I hope you feel better soon Cooker!

Thank you ....:)

Good job, Cooker! :)I wish I were doing as well as you!

You are not fat like me so you can't lose like me:p ... Thanks for the encouragement!

Congrats, Cooker -- but please take care of yourself. (you know the drill: rest, plenty of liquids, and consult the doc if it's not getting better -- my doc is quick on the prescription trigger for me because of my heart history)

As for Superbob, amazingly he is also DOWN two pounds this week, even though the big snowstorm here last Sunday has kept him from walking a restless Superdawg. Maybe SB and SD can find some ice-free stretches today.

Stress seems to help with weight loss, too. And there is a load of that. Plus, my new Type II med may be helping with weight loss; it is definitely helping with the sugar count.

GOAL for 2009: Lose 20 pounds.

PAST WEEK: lost 2 pounds.

PROGRESS FOR THE YEAR: down 8 pounds

(Progress since original start of Throwdown: down 18 pounds.)

Great job SB!!.... Careful on that ice ... I know you have super powers but a spill is not necessarily covered under that plan:)

I'm prescribing for the Chimp......3 days of complete rest AT HOME......no distractions and no spreading of germs!

I wish that was a possible .....:(

Cooker, you are an inspiration! WOW! Aren't you the man!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D Hope you are getting enough enrichment to keep all those nasty bugs at bay. Don't forget all my tricks!! Wash your hands a ton (you probably shake a lot of hands). Keep a little bottle of that anti-viral gel in your car so everytime you go somewhere icky (like the grocery store...have you watched sick babies chew on those handlebars?) you can swab off the germs. Don't ever touch public door handles, railings and such, use your butt or arm or shoulder and gain better balance going up and down stairs without the railings. Hmmm. Use paper towels in the home bathroom (instead of sharing towels). Get your very own tube of toothpaste, don't even share with dear wife. Hope you feel better soon, crabby-apple-pants!! You may have met your match... read on.... ;)

I have been dodging this thread. I have found out for real that I am a stress eater (wish I were more like Superbob!). I have not gained any weight, but I have not lost, either. Good thing is that our son has been called upon for jury duty, special judge's court (of course we don't know what it's about and won't for the duration) and the courthouse is just 10 minutes from home and Curves is on the way. SO!! At least I have been good about dropping him off and going to Curves and sometimes walking a track 2 miles after that. But oh, that upper arm flab!!! I hate it!! It needs to go and I don't think Curves is enough for that.

And the stress is just gnawing away at my gut and the Nexium isn't really helping for that. Maybe I should add valium on a daily basis instead of as needed? (seriously, I'm asking!!) I hate to whine, but having husband at home and he reads voraciously and he's trying not to "castastrophize" about everything (um, no jobs in his industry anywhere... paring down, pretty much instead) and he spends his time doing Scrooge McDuck calculations over and over. We've been looking at downsizing our home situation (by 2/3s!!!) and I'm the only one who is going to go through all the stuff to get rid of it. We go out, look around at real estate (and as if someone would buy our house!), eat a fattening lunch and go home and talk, talk, talk, talk. It's not like I don't already do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, now taking 9 credit hours to update my teaching license and am working a part time job!!! I am not Superwoman. I am 55!!! I think I am going crazy!!!

Whew. Okay. Thanks for listening to THAT!!

Now time to go chew on some curds and whey for being a bad girl and letting all my frustrations out on you guys. :(

Marguerite

Thanks for the advise!! ? I need to be more careful about the germs and worms ?. Separate toothpaste? ? Next you will tell us to quit swapping spit ?. Pm?d additional response:cool:

Well, I'm here and reporting in. Not a good WW week.....well, actually I wasn't on the program very much of it. Didn't walk because of the cold and snow, didn't drink my water, and wasn't following the plan. Guess I was doing the "Evelyn Plan" and it showed. Up 1.5 this week. However, when I got home today the first thing we did was take the dogos out for their walk and then had a ww lunch. YAAAAAY!!! Feels good to be back on program. Gearing up for a good week next week.

Evelyn

We all have peaks and valleys .... I love your "back on program attitude!!!!"

I'm within .5 lbs from last week - that's just margin of error and/or sodium for me.

I've got another agility trial this weekend (i.e., 2 days of being too keyed up to eat). So I'm likely to be down a bit next week, unless I succumb to girl scout cookies.

The weather's going to be warm this weekend, so if you're hanging around McKinney with absolutely nothing to do, and know where Myers Park and Event Center Youth Barn is, come on over. No admission, but bring a jacket -the barn is always cold, except when it's too hot.

Jet and I will show up around 10:30 each day, and run sometime between noon and 3. The experienced dogs start at 8 or 9 a.m. but Jet's still a novice.

Thanks Mary, Bina and Cooker. Mary you're a doll!!

Bina, they do help. Just not enough!!!! And I tend to be one of those shoo you out of the kitchen types, at least where meal prep is concerned. But they could do a LOT more, frankly. whine whine.....

And seriously, Cooker.. when you get sick, do you go making out with your wife? No! You try to prevent her from getting sick. So why share a toothpaste when you're sick? ;)

I decided to wean off the Nexium and so didn't take one today and the stomach is feeling much better. I often wonder about that stuff. You know there is a new report out somewhere that cardiac patients who take Prilosec in addition to the cholesterol lowering drugs (the prilosec being taken because the other drug upsets their stomachs) are having more cardiac problems return. I don't take cholesterol (I'm a smidge above borderline) drugs and just won't. I know they are very important, though.

Marguerite

Marguerite,

I second Mary's nomination of you for the Super Hero Hall of Fame. :) You are certainly more deserving than Superbob. Am sending my best wishes for a good resolution of those problems. The economic situation is unsettling, to put it mildly, right now. Hope Spring, which is just around the corner, will bring an upturn.

Cooker!...you are wasting away in front of our very eyes! :D...you are certainly downsizing amazingly well this year!

SB...take care of yourself and Superdawg on the icy paths...

Margeurite...wow girl...you sure have a full itinerary at present!...I reckon you are definitley allowed a valium or even half of one to ease your worries. Hope your knee is good as new...sorry I have no cure for bingo-wings...I seem to notice them everywhere I go so maybe we are just being fashionable hey!?

I missed last weeks weigh-in report and am still being good and counting/restricting my intake of carbs...seems to be working even if only a little...have managed to maintain my loss which is a darn good start for me...heading towards 70 kilos is my mini goal, pounds?...probably about 150ish. I am too lazy to reach down and swap my scales to pounds.

Biggest Loser is on so I get motivated to go out each evening at the moment...wish they would keep it on all the time to keep me motivated...

I'm within .5 lbs from last week - that's just margin of error and/or sodium for me.

Maintaining is a big part of success .... if we can stay off the yo-yo we will reach our goals and stay there!!!:)
Cooker!...you are wasting away in front of our very eyes! :D...you are certainly downsizing amazingly well this year!

SB...take care of yourself and Superdawg on the icy paths...

Margeurite...wow girl...you sure have a full itinerary at present!...I reckon you are definitley allowed a valium or even half of one to ease your worries. Hope your knee is good as new...sorry I have no cure for bingo-wings...I seem to notice them everywhere I go so maybe we are just being fashionable hey!?

I missed last weeks weigh-in report and am still being good and counting/restricting my intake of carbs...seems to be working even if only a little...have managed to maintain my loss which is a darn good start for me...heading towards 70 kilos is my mini goal, pounds?...probably about 150ish. I am too lazy to reach down and swap my scales to pounds.

Biggest Loser is on so I get motivated to go out each evening at the moment...wish they would keep it on all the time to keep me motivated...

Way to go Ton:) .... kilos or pounds as long as they are not going up what's the diff? ... I think we (USA) are about the only ones not using metric ... they tried to teach it to us in school but I guess we all rebelled:D:cool:

A loss of any amount is great in my eyes. Cooker thats 2 pounds less you have to lose. I did good this week after my .6 gain last week. It is suppose to be in the uppers 70s here this weekend and even though our house is still not liveable after our fire we are going to work in the yard and around the pool this weekend. I have already planned our eating out. Mellow Mushroom pizza where we skip the pizzas and eat their wonderful salads and ChickFil-A where we get their garden salad with the chicken salad on top.

Start Weight-145
Last Week-135.6
This Week-133.0
Total Loss-12 lbs.

Good job, Sue!:):):)

I gained a pound, but I ate cookies last night in anticipation of the forum being down this morning (thereby no weigh-in), so I'm not grousing.:p:p

A loss of any amount is great in my eyes. Cooker thats 2 pounds less you have to lose. I did good this week after my .6 gain last week. It is suppose to be in the uppers 70s here this weekend and even though our house is still not liveable after our fire we are going to work in the yard and around the pool this weekend. I have already planned our eating out. Mellow Mushroom pizza where we skip the pizzas and eat their wonderful salads and ChickFil-A where we get their garden salad with the chicken salad on top.

Start Weight-145
Last Week-135.6
This Week-133.0
Total Loss-12 lbs.

Great Job Sue:D .... We have Mellow Mushroom here and I LOVE it .... don't eat it much but love it, love it, love it:eek:

Good job, Sue!:):):)

I gained a pound, but I ate cookies last night in anticipation of the forum being down this morning (thereby no weigh-in), so I'm not grousing.:p:p

Does this mean The Ref has been caught with her fingers in the cookie jar? :p:p:p Tsk, tsk, tsk, :)

Good job Sue, Ton, and others. (And okay you too, Ref -- a pound on someone already as slim and trim as you is nothing.)

Here's hoping The Chimp is feeling much better today.

Back