Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....2-6-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Margeurite- My husband is the absolute worst. I beg him not to bring
home gallons of my favorite flavors of ice cream, but does he listen??
So I get to watch him eat it:mad:
AND he stays thin!!

Thanks for the pep talks and sympathy! I need them all!!

Mary, Cooker, you're sweet, thanks. Your words feel very good.

Ton, that is amazing that one ingredient (beer) in life can cause that much difference!! I'm sure that if I totally ruled out butter I might see some immediate difference. I'm a butter-aholic. I'm changed some; I now cook almost everything (that needs a little oil) with olive oil, I no longer put any butter on steamed veggies (and we have steamed veggies practically every night or salad), but if we go out to breakfast and there are biscuits.....ooooooo...... lotsa butter. And if we ever bring home a crusty loaf of artisan white :)eek:) bread.... again lotsa butter. And, okay, some things just do get sauteed in butter. Toast is only on weekends, again, lotsa butter. Hm.. yep... like I said... butter-aholic.

Lisa and Dina. My husband brings home sweets and bakery stuffs and he is NOT thin. He put back on the 20 pounds he lost SO fast when he was suddenly at home everyday. And he works out at 24 hr fitness for 2 hours at a time 3 times a week so he thinks it's fine to eat whatever he wants.

Ah well. I've washed the lettuce and bagged it so it will be crisp. I've cleaned and washed and cut the celery. Going to try to think green for awhile when I'm grabbing for something to munch on.

green..green...green....

Thanks for the supportive words. Today is a new day!

Marguerite

.......... I'm changed some; I now cook almost everything (that needs a little oil) with olive oil, I used olive oil too...nutritionist at the cardiac rehab recommended Canol oil instead of olive oil for cooking as it has Omega 3 and other nutrient...so I keep olive oil for saladsI no longer put any butter on steamed veggies (and we have steamed veggies practically every night or salad), Try to sprinkle the vegies with garlic herb...I buy it from Costco and it adds a good flavor...sometimes I also add dried Oregano for a changebut if we go out to breakfast and there are biscuits.....ooooooo...... lotsa butter. And if we ever bring home a crusty loaf of artisan white :)eek:) bread.... again lotsa butter. And, okay, some things just do get sauteed in butter. Toast is only on weekends, again, lotsa butter. Hm.. yep... like I said... butter-aholic.

Lisa and Dina. My husband brings home sweets and bakery stuffs and he is NOT thin. I loved to bake sweets but do not anymore as I can finish the whole tray in two days, Ask your hubby not to buy any and if he does, to hide them from you. My hubby hides the chocolates in different places every time and I get some when he is at home! We agreed on this a couple of months ago since I have no strong will towards chocolates! It is working.He put back on the 20 pounds he lost SO fast when he was suddenly at home everyday. And he works out at 24 hr fitness for 2 hours at a time 3 times a week so he thinks it's fine to eat whatever he wants.

Ah well. I've washed the lettuce and bagged it so it will be crisp. I've cleaned and washed and cut the celery. Going to try to think green for awhile when I'm grabbing for something to munch on.

green..green...green....

Thanks for the supportive words. Today is a new day!

Marguerite

Good luck, Marguerite. I am trying hard this week too. Just to share and ask all...when I have a couple of egg white with onions (omlette) in the morning, my appetite is somehow curbed for the whole day. It took me a while to realize this as I always thought it was a coincidence. :)

Back