Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....2-6-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't post on Friday because everyone I work with was out with flu and I was busy.

Starting weight-145
Last Week-138
This Week-137
This Week Loss-1
Total Loss-8

Didn't post on Friday because everyone I work with was out with flu and I was busy.

Starting weight-145
Last Week-138
This Week-137
This Week Loss-1
Total Loss-8

Way to go Sue!! ... There is a lot of flu going on here as well ... I have had my shots:rolleyes:;) so I hope I'll miss that nasty old bug ... And thanks for staying active in the ThrowDown:D

Earline and Eva.... Good job on staying the same ... I really think maintaining is more than half the battle......:)

I had a dismal Saturday and Sunday diet wise:eek:.... I needed comfort food and I got more than I needed:rolleyes: ... I'm back on track but expect it will take a week to undo the massive binge.... my goal this week is to not have to grow my hair...... No way I was getting on the scales this morning:D

Cooker,

I was so good for the past months and then suddenly all of Saturday and Sunday I craved and craved for carbohydrates...bread, spaghetti, rice, nuts which drove me NUTS! I hope I can exercise them out this week.

Good luck and stay on track. We all stay on track.

Well, I woke up this morning feeling like I am getting sick - the beginning of a headache and swollen hands. Now a half a day later, I think it's a sinus thing. But, I went to WW anyway and I'm down 2 pounds. I'm now at goal and since I'm a lifetime member, I don't have to pay anymore! Yippee! I will continue to weigh in because I actually want to be more toward the other end of the range, so I'm not deserting you guys yet!

Well, I woke up this morning feeling like I am getting sick - the beginning of a headache and swollen hands. Now a half a day later, I think it's a sinus thing. But, I went to WW anyway and I'm down 2 pounds. I'm now at goal and since I'm a lifetime member, I don't have to pay anymore! Yippee! I will continue to weigh in because I actually want to be more toward the other end of the range, so I'm not deserting you guys yet!

Lisa!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! :D:D:D

The apartment they put us in after our house fire is on a golf course. It was 73 degrees here yesterday so after work my husband and I walked the golf cart trail briskly for 30 minutes. We are going to try and add 10 minutes a day to the walk until we are up to an hour. But, it is suppose to turn cold again soon. Got to love this Georgia weather.

Sounds like a nice walking area, Sue! The temp is close to 70 here right now, so Superdawg and I are about to head out. It's so much warmer so quicker that I guess we will pick a fairly shaded area.

Now, Superbob has just managed the amazing feat of replacing the Lithium battery in his scales his daughter got him after his surgery. Lasted four years. Isn't everyone impressed with the Man of Steel's technical prowess in accomplishing such a thing? :p

Before finding the battery was thinking of just buying a new scale. Looked at the selection and saw some ranging up to $50 that advertise they can measure not only weight but body fat and BMI. Superbob wonders: how is that possible? :eek: Thought you had to be immersed in a big tank of water to get a true body fat reading. At best, it must be an approximation, thinketh Superbob. :confused:

Anyway, Superbob has working scales so maybe -- maybe -- he'll weigh this weekend. Really would have liked to have found a set that weighs 10 pounds light. Superbob prefers fantasy to reality. :p

Congratulations to: Cooker - you are so right about the evening snacks,
they are a huge temptation. And Lisa- 2 lbs is great for the week.
And Niki- thats wonderful!! I know you were having trouble like me,it's
a good feeling to break the curse.

Mary and Karlynn-I'm with you,no loss/no gain since my amazing 7 lb loss
in the last month. And you may find it easier to not weigh yourself so
much,it did help me. I had been weighing every other day,and its just
too upsetting to see the .5 fluctuations.

Eva-I have been having trouble again with thyroid? How is yours doing?
My synthroid just keeps going up and up and up.

Gosh, Cooker...way to go!! And so many of you. Doing great!! Hooray!!

I need to whine. Can I do that here?

I was doing so well, and then just seem to have fallen apart lately. It's a very weird time for us. Husband got laid off last September (along with the other 5 highest paid execs in the department) and his being home is just wreaking havoc on all of my rhythms. Plus he loves to eat. And, with me home, too (although I now have a part-time evening job 2-3 nites a week) I feel like all I do is make food for us to eat. The summertime no carbs after 4pm has gone kaput. He got sick of salads. So it's regular eating again, only I am very careful to not load up my plate or go back for seconds. Still, his insistence on lunch everyday (I used to just healthy snack twice instead of heavy lunch) is driving me bonkers. Now I'm so stressed that I'm back on Nexium for a very acidy tummy, (not to mention a valium here and there) and I swear it makes me hungry all the time. I'm doing pretty good with Curves and walking, but not great (2 -3 times a week). And Starbucks. Oh, why do they suddenly taste so good? I think the Nexium "allows" my tummy to handle milk products and I'm so deprived normally (lactose intolerant) that I'm just craving them.

So, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a mess. Someone give me a swift kick in the a**!!!!! I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. :mad:

:eek: help!!

Marguerite

Marguerite---

I know how those husbands are nothing but temptation! :cool:

My husband came home Saturday morning and so very nicely brought me a jalapeno, sausage, and cheese kolache. I explained that the kolache would take all my points for the entire day. He had also stopped by a garage sale at the school. Last time he did that he bought an organ. Don't ask me why because no one in our family can play one, but it was a "great deal". This time, they were having a bake sale, so he picked up a chocolate cake with a pink sugar heart surrounded by Hershey's Kisses!

I told him that we were having BBQ Balls for lunch and he was the donor!

No swift kick from me, Marguerite.
Considering the circumstances, I think you're doing great! :):)

Has anyone else seen Cooker on the new Subway commercial? :confused:It takes place at a car lot with two huge chimps standing there, taking it all in. :cool:

Gosh, Cooker...way to go!! And so many of you. Doing great!! Hooray!!

I need to whine. Can I do that here?

I was doing so well, and then just seem to have fallen apart lately. It's a very weird time for us. Husband got laid off last September (along with the other 5 highest paid execs in the department) and his being home is just wreaking havoc on all of my rhythms. Plus he loves to eat. And, with me home, too (although I now have a part-time evening job 2-3 nites a week) I feel like all I do is make food for us to eat. The summertime no carbs after 4pm has gone kaput. He got sick of salads. So it's regular eating again, only I am very careful to not load up my plate or go back for seconds. Still, his insistence on lunch everyday (I used to just healthy snack twice instead of heavy lunch) is driving me bonkers. Now I'm so stressed that I'm back on Nexium for a very acidy tummy, (not to mention a valium here and there) and I swear it makes me hungry all the time. I'm doing pretty good with Curves and walking, but not great (2 -3 times a week). And Starbucks. Oh, why do they suddenly taste so good? I think the Nexium "allows" my tummy to handle milk products and I'm so deprived normally (lactose intolerant) that I'm just craving them.

So, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a mess. Someone give me a swift kick in the a**!!!!! I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. :mad:

:eek: help!!

Marguerite

My dear you are not alone in your struggles or stress .... I have had a bitch of a week and it's only Tuesday:( ... and I'm out of Valium:mad: ... I think the fact that you have maintained during these trying times is miraculous ... hang in there .... we all go through these things ... you will be victorious and the wight will come off ... baby steps ... steps? .... Hell, I feel like I'm crawling:mad:

SB...Just as long as you dont cheat and tell us superdawg had her paw on the scales when you weighed we will not be suspicious.

Marguerite...I sympathise with you...damn hubbies at home wanting a full cooked breakfast lunch and dinner...grrrrr!...mine gave up the alcohol for a few weeks and dropped more weight than I could ever dream of losing...I suppose it means he was drinking waaaay too much but, a loss is something that I have been trying hard to achieve with no success and he gets a massive one as a reward for taking a few weeks off the beer.

I have been good with the exercise this week...walked the puppies each night so far....The Biggest Loser is on at the moment here in Aus and each night when its finished I grab a dog and go walkies....

I should take the batteries out of my scales so I dont peak at my progress or lack of.

SB...Just as long as you dont cheat and tell us superdawg had her paw on the scales when you weighed we will not be suspicious.

Marguerite...I sympathise with you...damn hubbies at home wanting a full cooked breakfast lunch and dinner...grrrrr!...mine gave up the alcohol for a few weeks and dropped more weight than I could ever dream of losing...I suppose it means he was drinking waaaay too much but, a loss is something that I have been trying hard to achieve with no success and he gets a massive one as a reward for taking a few weeks off the beer.

I have been good with the exercise this week...walked the puppies each night so far....The Biggest Loser is on at the moment here in Aus and each night when its finished I grab a dog and go walkies....

I should take the batteries out of my scales so I dont peak at my progress or lack of.

Hi Ton ....men can lose weight faster than women at first, no help I know:rolleyes: ... sounds like you are doing all of the right things, just keep at it and you will get where you want to get .... You aren't taking up the beer hubby laid off are you?:D;)

Latest posts

Back