Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-26-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Wise and Cindy on your anniversary. Hope your move to Louisville goes well and your new job is all you want it to be.

Congratulations Cindy on your WW lifetime. What a dream come true

I'll pray for your waist line if you'll pray for mine.:)
Earline

You've got a deal!

After today you both need to hit your knees for TheChimp ..... the feasting was fabulous, non-stop and FOF .... (full of fat):D:p

Sounds like true confession time . . . I'll confess! :eek:My Christmas eating could have been worse, but it could also have been much better.;)
End of confession.:p

Sounds like true confession time . . . I'll confess! :eek:My Christmas eating could have been worse, but it could also have been much better.;)
End of confession.:p

I think we all need to go to Baptist prayer meeting with Cooker and then to confession with Mary. Our sins sound like many!:p;) I know mine were off the scale. :eek:

Wow, Cooker, I am very proud of you and proud of myself. I am stable at 166 lbs...I love stability:D There are changes around my waist and the distribution of fat, which is great.

I hope I wont' be tempted to eat all the sweets we have ! It is going to take lots of strong will:D

I will send to you some truffles if you like them, or snickers is your favorite?

I said I would step up to the plate (more like sit down in front of it):D so here?s the scoop ?.. I have managed to add two pounds ?. Not bad considering that TheChimp has been consuming holiday goodies steadily since this thread and my one pound pre-Christmas loss was reported ??

Hoping all had a wonderfull Christmas and that 2009 will be filled with health and happiness:)

Pre-Christmas controversial report:rolleyes:

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............207
This week...............206:)
Total Loss ..............27

Post Christmas report

Starting weight.......233
Last Week .............206
This week...............208:rolleyes::p
Total Loss ..............25

I think there should be a tax on insufficient post-Christmas weight gain. It could go toward a weight loss stimulus package for those less fortunate. :p

Actually, Cooker that is wonderful; good for you. I think I gained two pounds upon my first scent of Christmas dinner (that is dinner #1 and then two pounds for dinner #2).:eek:

I missed the nekkid weigh in this morning, since I WENT TO THE GYM :eek: before breakfast so maybe I'll post tomorrow.
But maybe I won't, either!:p
I have steely resolve to chuck these extra pounds, so missing today's weigh in won't hurt me--much!:D
Congratulations to all who managed to lose weight and/or stay the same! You did great!:):)

Our anniversary was yesterday. We ate a very nice meal at a wonderful place called Science Hill. Dessert was biscuit pudding with bourbon sauce (yum!) and Chocolate pecan pie (also made with bourbon). Cheers!

Tuesday we are moving to Louisville. Then on January 5 I start a full-time job.

Way cool!..."our" wedding anniversary is on the 24th-right after yours,
its a nice time of year to be married and to have an anniversary.

Good luck and congratulations on the new job in Lullval, I should be
going there soon to visit family, Derby Week or before-with
without spouse.Maybe we will see ya there:)

Way cool!..."our" wedding anniversary is on the 24th-right after yours,
its a nice time of year to be married and to have an anniversary.

Good luck and congratulations on the new job in Lullval, I should be
going there soon to visit family, Derby Week or before-with
without spouse.Maybe we will see ya there:)

Happy Anniversary Dina! Let us know if you're going to be in town.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I have put the brakes on the holiday binging!
We had a house full of children yesterday, and I baked cookies in between card playing. Happily the younger crowd kept consuming the cookies as quickly as they came out of the oven, and this morning, there are only 3 left to tempt me! :p
I also received an ipod shuffle for Christmas, and my two post-Christmas workouts have been easier and of longer duration using it. I've actually looked forward to stepping on the elliptical machine!:eek:
And my last accomplishment . . . we went to the movies last night, and no candy, popcorn, soda . . . nothing!:eek: No small feat considering the movie lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes!;)
I can only hope my fellow throwdowners (I won't mention any names:rolleyes:) have also regained their motivation.:cool:

I'm cautiously optimistic that I have put the brakes on the holiday binging!
We had a house full of children yesterday, and I baked cookies in between card playing. Happily the younger crowd kept consuming the cookies as quickly as they came out of the oven, and this morning, there are only 3 left to tempt me! :p
I also received an ipod shuffle for Christmas, and my two post-Christmas workouts have been easier and of longer duration using it. I've actually looked forward to stepping on the elliptical machine!:eek:
And my last accomplishment . . . we went to the movies last night, and no candy, popcorn, soda . . . nothing!:eek: No small feat considering the movie lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes!;)
I can only hope my fellow throwdowners (I won't mention any names:rolleyes:) have also regained their motivation.:cool:

Good for you Mary!

Did you see "Australia" by any chance? I know that it is 2 hours 45 minutes long also. Then again, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is long also.

We saw "Australia" and loved it. We want to see "Marley & Me" and I want to see "Benjamin Button." There so few movies that we want to see anymore; we'd better catch a few while there's actually some good ones showing.

I hoping to do better today foodwise. We've been preoccupied with moving lately.

Good for you Mary!

Did you see "Australia" by any chance? I know that it is 2 hours 45 minutes long also. Then again, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is long also.

We saw "Australia" and loved it. We want to see "Marley & Me" and I want to see "Benjamin Button." There so few movies that we want to see anymore; we'd better catch a few while there's actually some good ones showing.

I hoping to do better today foodwise. We've been preoccupied with moving lately.

We saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Wise. I loved it, and Bob said that he really enjoyed it. Maybe I identified with it more strongly than others would, because there were several pivotal "baby" scenes and we are involved in baby issues around here!
Having said that, with New Orleans as the location, and Hurricane Katrina as the backdrop, I found myself tearing up throughout, and it wasn't a sad movie!
If you all go see it, let me know your thoughts.

Mary, sounds like you will get through the eating holidays:D without too much weight gain. Congratulations. I'm still eating a bit more than I should of all the goodies.

I want to see Benjamin Button.

Yesterday we saw "Doubt." It's excellent. but very intense...may be a serions candidate for best pic of the year.

Jim

One more huge hurdle ?.New Years Eve, which is also DW?s birthday, so we will be having major goodies at the annual party we attend ?.. 2009 will be a good year of losing for us all, I just know it will:D .... Happy New Year to all........

One more huge hurdle ….New Years Eve, which is also DW’s birthday, so we will be having major goodies at the annual party we attend ….. 2009 will be a good year of losing for us all, I just know it will:D .... Happy New Year to all........

Happy Birthday to your DW, Cooker, and many happy healthy returns

and

Happy new year to both of you, hoping 2009 will bring a gain in health, loss in wt, and mainly peace and joy.:)

One more huge hurdle ?.New Years Eve, which is also DW?s birthday, so we will be having major goodies at the annual party we attend ?.. 2009 will be a good year of losing for us all, I just know it will:D .... Happy New Year to all........

Early Happy Birthday to Sherry!! What a party day to have for a birthday!

You guys all sound so merry!!

Lots of celebrating!! Best wishes to all the long-time honeymooners! Us too!! Our wedding anniversary is the 3rd of January (28 years) and with New Year's on Wednesday and my birthday tomorrow, we are busy!

I've been doing pretty good weight-wise and being very careful with portions. I have been bouncing around a pound up and pound down and am just very very glad that the holiday feasting has not added much to my waistline. With no exercise it certainly isn't going away, but once the children are back at school and normalcy returns, I'll be out pounding the pavement again for great gains (well losses, actually, of course) in 2009.

So everyone...the new year approaches! Make some plans to get moving!!

:D:D Marguerite

The Month After Christmas

T'was the month after Christmas, and all through the house Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste And the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared, The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--- I said to myself, as only I can "You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip Every last bit of food that I like must be banished Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore--- But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

Back