Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....12-26-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Month After Christmas

T'was the month after Christmas, and all through the house Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste And the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared, The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--- I said to myself, as only I can "You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip Every last bit of food that I like must be banished Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore--- But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

That is funny -- but SAD, Karlynn! It's those bad carbs that get us.:(

Superbob thinks he may go Atkins and eat steaks and eggs all January! :D

Low-carbing worked for me at one time. (Lost 10 pounds, when I only needed to lose 10 pounds!) Trying it again - but nothing seems to work right now.

I have had a good excuse until yesterday. My scales were ruined in my house fire from water damage. I went to the doctor yesterday and weighed for the first time in 6 weeks. I would like to re-join the throwdown please starting Monday. At least the apartment building we are in has a gym and heated pool. If I can just motivate myself to walk to them.

I really need to get back in the swing of sensible eating and excess-weight-trimming, but DW just sent me to store for a bunch of munchies for a family get together for the Eve's festivities tonight. How could even a flinty heart like Superbob say no to that?

Sending happiest birthday greetings to The Chimp's DW, and Happy New Year to The Chimp and all other Throw-Downers and everybody in vr.com-land.

I really need to get back in the swing of sensible eating and excess-weight-trimming, but DW just sent me to store for a bunch of munchies for a family get together for the Eve's festivities tonight. How could even a flinty heart like Superbob say no to that?

Sending happiest birthday greetings to The Chimp's DW, and Happy New Year to The Chimp and all other Throw-Downers and everybody in vr.com-land.
I am eagerly anticipating Superbob's official re-entry into the ThrowDown fray, but feel it is my duty to remind him that FRIDAY :eek:will be here sooner than he thinks. Turn away from the dark side and the New Year's Eve munchies and just say NO!:p:p:p

Where's bvrd (Betty)?

Where's bvrd (Betty)?

I haven't heard anything from Betty since her surgery. Has anyone else? I hope she's back with us soon.:)

I am eagerly anticipating Superbob's official re-entry into the ThrowDown fray, but feel it is my duty to remind him that FRIDAY :eek:will be here sooner than he thinks. Turn away from the dark side and the New Year's Eve munchies and just say NO!:p:p:p

But they are all back, Ref: the chips, the dip, the cookies, everything -- plus sausage balls. :eek:

SB will reset his 2009 goal to add the extra pounds to his goal --- and allow for festive eating tonight. :)

Thanks from DW and Happy New Year....:)
That is funny -- but SAD, Karlynn! It's those bad carbs that get us.:(

Superbob thinks he may go Atkins and eat steaks and eggs all January! :D

I lost a ton on Atkins one time but I don't think it was good for me ..... they should have never told me single malt scotch has no carbs:rolleyes:

Well, now that my circulation is back to working order I've dropped the 5 lbs of fluid I've been holding onto since November... And once I'm in less pain I'll kick up the exercise and work on the other 5 from June! ;)

and all through the house Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do
battle with dirt---

"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

Have you been spying on me??
Sounds like "my" house. My husband is always asking.."Where is my shirt?
or 'can't find my boxers??!! Poor man...nothing is sacred:D

I think I may have lost about 2 pounds and my jeans feel
somewhat looser they are a size 11/12.Now if can just fit
into those pair of 9's:D And if not ...my husband's clothes
do atleast fit...not very flattering though.
Otherwise that means facing the stores in pursuit of sizes
that are painful to accept,I'd rather stay in denial personally;)

Latest posts

Back