Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-14-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to all who have lost or stayed the same and condolences to the rest of us ?. I will offer sabbaticals to all who feel they are needed or perhaps I will just offer a weigh in amnesty:eek: (The Ref will end that when she returns:p)?.. Your leader is weak and not providing any example except for bad ? Maybe we should elect a new leader ?. DW gave me a talking to last night, although tempered in love she got the point across:D

No we will not elect a new leader we like the one we have.

I always read the weekly thread and even if I don't post it gives me encouragement and support and some laughs.

Thanks for doing this. I appreciate it.
Hang in there
Earline

I am the same,but I actually feel like I've gained...my clothes seem a little tighter,etc.
I have been listening to everyone's advice regarding dieting in moderation.
And I know it to be good advice for most. However,my mom, who is also
hypothyroid, finally succeeded in losing her 25 pounds that she gained a
three years ago.When pressed,she finally layed out her strategy, (which
would could be dangerous to a person with a normal functioning metabolism)
to eat NO sugar,NO bread,NO potatoes,very little past/rice(1/2 cup),veggies,
beans,poultry,dairy AND she did not eat over 700 calories a day:eek:
She exercised moderately-at the gym for an hour 3/4 days a week.
I know that to you this sounds insane,but she had tried many different
diets for over a year before taking it to this extreme.
So, I am at the end of my rope,tired at looking at myself,and I am going to
try it. Starting tomorrow,Sunday,I need God on my side:)
Wanted you guys to know I have decided to switch gears,and if I have
positive(negative) results. For anyone reading this just know that I am
not an average case, and what may be healthy for me may be harmful
to others.
Wish me luck-Dina

Cooker-please don't mention "Ritz Crackers" it's profanity, a real
diet -stopper. What about Ritz with preserves AND cream cheese..
......heaven!!!!
Also--- no xanax,it causes edema!

I am staying the same and worried that some lbs will shoot up soon. I do not know what is exactly triggering a sweet tooth. I am craving for carbohydrates all the time,
but I am happy to report I am at the same weight of last week.

Dina, I know that you and I have shared the same frustrations for quite a while. All we seem to do is dance around the same number on the scale, losing a few, gaining a few, losing a few - all the while earnestly trying to lose.

I understand your frustration at trying to figure out something, anything, that will jumpstart a loss that continues helping you lose. Just be careful. Take a multivitamin, watch for signs that your body is rebeling against you, and don't stay on that low a calorie intake for long or your body will go into starvation mode and when you begin to consume more calories, the weight will go back on.

I'm trying to stay away from carbs as much as possible (which sounds like that's what your Mom did.) I know that they are my enemy.

My husband keeps telling me that I haven't tried his diet/exercise plan. Cooker and SB - I'm sure you know exactly what that is! ;)

Dina, I know that you and I have shared the same frustrations for quite a while. All we seem to do is dance around the same number on the scale, losing a few, gaining a few, losing a few - all the while earnestly trying to lose.

I understand your frustration at trying to figure out something, anything, that will jumpstart a loss that continues helping you lose. Just be careful. Take a multivitamin, watch for signs that your body is rebeling against you, and don't stay on that low a calorie intake for long or your body will go into starvation mode and when you begin to consume more calories, the weight will go back on.

I'm trying to stay away from carbs as much as possible (which sounds like that's what your Mom did.) I know that they are my enemy.

My husband keeps telling me that I haven't tried his diet/exercise plan. Cooker and SB - I'm sure you know exactly what that is! ;)

Dina,

I just wanted to echo Karlynn's advice to be careful with that 700-cal plan. I am not an expert but I think that low an intake for a prolonged period would need to be monitored by an expert and perhaps accompanied by multi-vitamins on expert advice. I have read a lot of stuff about the body going into "starvation mode" on real low-cal diets, and actually compensating metabolically in such a way that there is no net loss of weight. As I say, I am NO expert -- just hope you will be careful.

As for the diet/exercise plan Karlynn alludes to in her final sentence, Superbob of course has no clue. Superbob's home exercises are solely those his trained PTs have given him on a chart. Maybe The Chimp knows....:p:p:D

Karlynn and Superbob- Thanks, I will watch it,and try to cut out the carbs
more than calories. I also take vitamins,flax seed oil,and drink green tea.
I'm also hoping that with weight loss, my SOB will decrease when exercising.
It's not all vanity and not fitting into my clothes:rolleyes:
I'm getting too old to be vain anyway:D
Dina

All I needed was a little motivation. Must have been the outfit and 3" heals with long-leg jeans, but I had 2 people ask me I'd been losing weight. Well - not really - but at least it looked like it today. Now for the real thing.

Well, they weighed me this morning and I'm actually down! :eek: Not sure how much, but I know one day in here I weighed 140 on their scale and today I'm 136. Not sure I was 140 when I first arrived, but I'll take a 4 pound loss! :D Of course, with the amount I peed yesterday, I'm not terribly surprised! :eek:

Well, they weighed me this morning and I'm actually down! :eek: Not sure how much, but I know one day in here I weighed 140 on their scale and today I'm 136. Not sure I was 140 when I first arrived, but I'll take a 4 pound loss! :D Of course, with the amount I peed yesterday, I'm not terribly surprised! :eek:

Hey!! Can you pee some for me?:rolleyes:

What is going on around this thread?:confused:;)

Has anarchy erupted?:eek: The Chimp took a SABBATICAL? :eek:Good grief, I leave for a week-end, and he's COOKER GONE WILD!:eek: Like Superbob said, Time for a whupping, chimp!:p Drop those drawers!:p

Thank goodness we had positive reports from Betty, and Eva, and Niki, and Cindy!

I haven't weighed yet, but I will. I need to know how much damage was done, so I know how much work is ahead of me. :eek: I had an up close and personal encounter with the most delicious dessert EVER at Friday night's dinner, but fortunately 150 miles stands between me and IT!!!):p

Welcome back Ref!

Now that the Ritz crackers have been, in effect, confiscated, and after our fearless Chimp leader can sit down again, all will return to normal. Right? ;):D

Welcome back Ref!

Now that the Ritz crackers have been, in effect, confiscated, and after our fearless Chimp leader can sit down again, all will return to normal. Right? ;):D

What are you talking about? ... I have a box of Ritz sitting on my desk and a jar of peanut butter ?and a Snicker bar ? and a pack of HoHo?s ?. Just in case a client needs a snack:rolleyes:

What is going on around this thread?:confused:;)

Has anarchy erupted?:eek: The Chimp took a SABBATICAL? :eek:Good grief, I leave for a week-end, and he's COOKER GONE WILD!:eek: Like Superbob said, Time for a whupping, chimp!:p Drop those drawers!:p
Thank goodness we had positive reports from Betty, and Eva, and Niki, and Cindy!

I haven't weighed yet, but I will. I need to know how much damage was done, so I know how much work is ahead of me. :eek: I had an up close and personal encounter with the most delicious dessert EVER at Friday night's dinner, but fortunately 150 miles stands between me and IT!!!

NOW you?re talking:D ? maybe that?s what I need ?. A little something to lift my spirits;)

It's never easy to rein in a gone-bonkers-Chimp, Wise.;) That's what makes a Ref's job so difficult, and why I needed a week-end away!:p:p

I have stepped on the scales, and I am up TWO pounds! Back to reality!

Not too bad for a "free" weekend.

My guess as to the exact dessert you had 150 miles away was a "banana two-pound cake with snicker sauce."

It was a Georgia peach-bread pudding souffle with a Southern Comfort sauce served on the side. Truly magnificent:) . . . a thing of beauty!:):)

Back