Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-14-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Here we go again .... It seems like we just reported in yesterday:eek: ... I hope you have had a successful week of losing and moving ... I don't know about y'all but this time change has killed my evening walks ... I will consider weighing in on Friday but a mulligan may be in order:rolleyes::p

Superbob thought he would take a mulligan after eating way too much birthday cake but he snuck a peek this morning and was astonished to find he is up only 1 pound.

Net loss since start of Throw-Down: 19 pounds.

Have a doctor's check-up next week so would like at least to shed that 1 pound so won't be up any from three months ago.

On balance (so to speak), been on a plateau for months, but Superdawg and I doubled distance of our walk yesterday -- twice around the perimeter of a park instead of once (Superdawg said, "great, old man, now let's do 3 -- but knees said not quite yet. :D) Anyway, maybe can finally whittle down that plateau some.

Good luck to everybody this week!

Superbob thought he would take a mulligan after eating way too much birthday cake but he snuck a peek this morning and was astonished to find he is up only 1 pound.

Net loss since start of Throw-Down: 19 pounds.

Have a doctor's check-up next week so would like at least to shed that 1 pound so won't be up any from three months ago.

On balance (so to speak), been on a plateau for months, but Superdawg and I doubled distance of our walk yesterday -- twice around the perimeter of a park instead of once (Superdawg said, "great, old man, now let's do 3 -- but knees said not quite yet. :D) Anyway, maybe can finally whittle down that plateau some.

Good luck to everybody this week!

SuperBob,

I bet, with the help of Superdawg and your rejuvenated knee, that you'll soon whittle that superbody into whatever shape you desire!;) I KNOW that you can lose a pound by next week, and maybe you will pleasantly surprise both the doctor and yourself by losing even a little bit more.:)

Yes Superbob...you CAN do it. Hopefully you are feeling a little better by now and that 1 lb won't be hard to whittle away. Remember, it isn't perfection that will get it done but persistance.

For me, even though I am still in the process of re-losing (is that a word?) the weight I had rapidly gained in the months prior, I am down another 2 lbs. That makes 8.2 lbs lower than at the Pigeon Forge reunion. I did have an all inclusive vacation since last posting and am heading out tomorrow on a business trip to Orlando so I'll have to be very careful. When I get back I need to visit my ortho surgeon regarding my torn posterior tendon. The steroid injection is worn off and it is again very painful and swollen. I need to take advantage of being steroid free for a bit and get some more pounds off. My knee is doing great though!:) When I weighed at WW and found out I was down two lbs I was so so excited and it was so encouraging.

Yes Superbob...you CAN do it. Hopefully you are feeling a little better by now and that 1 lb won't be hard to whittle away. Remember, it isn't perfection that will get it done but persistance.

For me, even though I am still in the process of re-losing (is that a word?) the weight I had rapidly gained in the months prior, I am down another 2 lbs. That makes 8.2 lbs lower than at the Pigeon Forge reunion. I did have an all inclusive vacation since last posting and am heading out tomorrow on a business trip to Orlando so I'll have to be very careful. When I get back I need to visit my ortho surgeon regarding my torn posterior tendon. The steroid injection is worn off and it is again very painful and swollen. I need to take advantage of being steroid free for a bit and get some more pounds off. My knee is doing great though!:) When I weighed at WW and found out I was down two lbs I was so so excited and it was so encouraging.

Wow, Betty, that's great progress -- and so glad to hear your knee is doing great.

I?m taking a mulligan ?. No, I think a sabbatical might be in order?. I just can not get in step ?. Stress leads to muchies, which leads to cream cheese and pepper jelly on Ritz, which leads to salted nuts?. I could go on but I?m sure you get the picture ?..Hey Mom, send Xanax:rolleyes:

I?m taking a mulligan ?. No, I think a sabbatical might be in order?. I just can not get in step ?. Stress leads to muchies, which leads to cream cheese and pepper jelly on Ritz, which leads to salted nuts?. I could go on but I?m sure you get the picture ?..Hey Mom, send Xanax:rolleyes:

The REF will have to rule as to whether you are allowed to do this. :eek::p

Well, DW has basically gone out of the meal-cooking business -- and after 42 years and her health problems, who can blame her? So it's out to eat again tonight. Problems are, this gets rather expensive, plus hard for SB to control cals/sodium/sugar/carbs etc. Any suggestions -- apart from SB trying to use his superpowers to become a chef at this advanced stage? :eek:

Well, DW has basically gone out of the meal-cooking business -- and after 42 years and her health problems, who can blame her? So it's out to eat again tonight. Problems are, this gets rather expensive, plus hard for SB to control cals/sodium/sugar/carbs etc. Any suggestions -- apart from SB trying to use his superpowers to become a chef at this advanced stage? :eek:

Chili?s and Applebee?s has a light side menu and some have the Weight Watchers points. Eating out is tough, good luck.

Stress....what's that???:eek::rolleyes:...lalalalalalalalala.....

Cooker, I'm understanding your dilemma and sharing it somewhat. I am up .8 this week. Cindy is down 1.2. She's a rock and I'm a marshmallow.

Great job Betty. I understand why you're excited.

Superbob, Cracker Barrel can be a safe place to eat, at least for WW (grilled chicken, green beans, greens (if you do that :eek:), beef stew, fish, carrots, etc....you know all about it). Applebees has good health conscious stuff as well. While you're looking for healthy things, make sure you have at least one thing you really like!

Mary, behave in Memphis. Enough said!!!

Superbob may have to take one of those chimp-like sabbaticals until he finds a cooking class entitled, "Teaching Helpless Old Men to Prepare Nutritionally Balanced Meals for Two." :D

Thanks for the suggestions, but we don't have a Chilis in this whole part of the state -- can you believe that? We do have a neighborhood Applebees, and go there a lot, but the WW steak and portobellos, while tasty, has a microscopic steak buried under tons of broccoli -- making me hate broccoli when I didn't hate it before.

We go to Crackerbarrel a lot too -- and if you choose carefully, you can come out pretty well on the cals, I guess. But don't know that those baskets of cornbread and biscuits don't destroy the cause. :eek:

Okay, Superbob picked up a sale book for a few bucks, Atkins Diabetes Revolution, and maybe he'll get some ideas there. The chances of SB doing gourmet cooking though are not good. :eek:

Superbob may have to take one of those chimp-like sabbaticals until he finds a cooking class entitled, "Teaching Helpless Old Men to Prepare Nutritionally Balanced Meals for Two." :D

Thanks for the suggestions, but we don't have a Chilis in this whole part of the state -- can you believe that? We do have a neighborhood Applebees, and go there a lot, but the WW steak and portobellos, while tasty, has a microscopic steak buried under tons of broccoli -- making me hate broccoli when I didn't hate it before.

We go to Crackerbarrel a lot too...But don't know that those baskets of cornbread and biscuits don't destroy the cause.

That is the kicker with Crackerbarrel. I always just have one cornbread muffin; I don't always want JUST one, but so far that works for me.

Okay - I'm back - and no smaller. I had sworn I was going to be hot and sexy when I turned 50. So I have a few weeks to lose about 15 pounds.

I've been doing protein shakes for breakfast, cottage cheese and fruit for lunch and a regular sensible meal. Not much is happening. But I've pretty much decided that there's really not much else I can deny myself and still feel like life is worth living. :D

Okay - I'm back - and no smaller. I had sworn I was going to be hot and sexy when I turned 50. So I have a few weeks to lose about 15 pounds.

I've been doing protein shakes for breakfast, cottage cheese and fruit for lunch and a regular sensible meal. Not much is happening. But I've pretty much decided that there's really not much else I can deny myself and still feel like life is worth living. :D

That has to be frustrating. Hope things start to budge for you.

Am I allowed to skip out, since I'm sitting in a hospital bed? :rolleyes: I will tell you that on Thursday when I looked prior to going to work, I was up a pound. But I totally blame that on all the stinkin' saline solution the pump into you when you're on an IV. I feel puffy and swollen all over. :(

I am SO ready to be out of the hospital and on the track to being my semi-active self!

Congratulations to all who have lost or stayed the same and condolences to the rest of us ?. I will offer sabbaticals to all who feel they are needed or perhaps I will just offer a weigh in amnesty:eek: (The Ref will end that when she returns:p)?.. Your leader is weak and not providing any example except for bad ? Maybe we should elect a new leader ?. DW gave me a talking to last night, although tempered in love she got the point across:D

Karlynn, where's the smiley face after referring to "losing 15 pounds"? You truly do not look like you need to lose anything like that! :) That's the observation of Superbob himself. :D

Niki, sorry you are dealing with a hospital stay. Hope you are back home soon.

Cooker, The Ref is really gonna give you a whupping when she returns from her riotous living. :p

Back