Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II.....11-14-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me 2 weeks to get rid of the last dessert I ate! But I seem to be temporarily back on track - back down to the "still got to get rid of 2 to get back to goal" Scale read 130.9 this morning. Goal on this scale is 129.

It must be all that home made veggie soup I'm eating for lunch, which has also required a 10% increase in warfarin :rolleyes:

I'm bingeing on cabbage. Weird.

I have stepped on the scales, and I am up TWO pounds! Back to reality!

Well, what did you expect:p;) ... I am up 4 pounds since last week so my two week debauch has cost me nine pounds:mad:..... But today is a new day!! The Chimp has stayed on WW plan and walked 30 minutes at lunch ... I contribute my turn around to the private counseling session with the Ref:eek:....

Well, what did you expect:p;) ... I am up 4 pounds since last week so my two week debauch has cost me nine pounds:mad:..... But today is a new day!! The Chimp has stayed on WW plan and walked 30 minutes at lunch ... I contribute my turn around to the private counseling session with the Ref:eek:....

I'm not even going to charge you my hourly counseling rate . . . . this time!;):p:p:p

All I needed was a little motivation. Must have been the outfit and 3" heals with long-leg jeans,
Good for you Karlynn!There is no sense running around wearing grungy
clothes like I did today. I could have been a back-up singer for Nirvana:eek:
I mean, it was only a quick run to the grocery,but still,it does make
a difference about how you feel about yourself. I kept hoping I wouldn't
run into anyone while wearing my old sweatshirt and ancient jeans,that
are recent fav's since they actually fit:cool:
(no insult of Nirvana intended,I really used to love them --and still do)

Has anyone else ever noticed that:
It seems like there is a specific chemical in the brain ,that when
released,speeds up the metabolism to the power of 10. I first realised this
when I had my first huge crush in high school, and again when I was close
to losing a boyfriend to someone else. It also happened when I first met my
husband to be. I wasnt really fat,just about 7 pounds overweight,but those
extra pounds just melted off within 7-8 days and I wasn't even strictly
dieting! Whatever hormone or chemical that is sent out during love and
or infatuation,it should be identified...bottled...and sold;)

Wishing everyone well-Dina

Just reporting in late again...I think I am going to get some of Karlynn's high heels , at then when I do the weight vs. height calculation I am perfect!...Its annoying when you are too short for your weight.

I havent hopped on the scales yet and dont intend to until my pants are feeling bigger. We had delicious fresh Kingfish for dinner so thats gotta be good for the waistline.

WEll done to all our stayers on our throwdown...at least we are dedicated and determined.

Superbob is wondering if The Chimp were presented a choice between a ton of hot Krispy Kremes just off the conveyor belt or a crate of super-sized Snickers bars, which he would prefer. :D

As for Superbob, the choice is easy: Give him a tall coffee and a cranberry-orange scone. :) Okay, maybe a whole bakery full of scones. :rolleyes:

Superbob is wondering if The Chimp were presented a choice between a ton of hot Krispy Kremes just off the conveyor belt or a crate of super-sized Snickers bars, which he would prefer. :D

As for Superbob, the choice is easy: Give him a tall coffee and a cranberry-orange scone. :) Okay, maybe a whole bakery full of scones. :rolleyes:

Speaking of scones ;). . . . did I mention that my wild week-end in Memphis included afternoon tea at the Peabody where the final selection was black currant scones served with devonshire cream and orange marmalade? I thought that I had died and gone to Heaven!:):p

Speaking of scones ;). . . . did I mention that my wild week-end in Memphis included afternoon tea at the Peabody where the final selection was black currant scones served with devonshire cream and orange marmalade? I thought that I had died and gone to Heaven!:):p

Now, THIS is Superbob's kind of wild weekend!!! :p:D

Who mentioned SCONES???...mmmmm...our local Bakers Delight has just released a new flavour "Blueberry and White Chocolate" scones...DEEEELICIOUS....two of my favourites in one yummy scone...I can never resist these...

It took me 2 weeks to get rid of the last dessert I ate! But I seem to be temporarily back on track - back down to the "still got to get rid of 2 to get back to goal" Scale read 130.9 this morning. Goal on this scale is 129.

It must be all that home made veggie soup I'm eating for lunch, which has also required a 10% increase in warfarin :rolleyes:

I'm bingeing on cabbage. Weird.[/QUO TE]

Great Job! Sometimes I get on a vegetable binge when nothing else tastes nearly as good. I love vegetable soup and usually have some of it frozen in my freezer along with chicken rice/ (hubby's favorite) and a hearty low fat vegetable beef. I usually make my own soups so I can control what goes in them, especially salt. I also use a lot of leeks in my cooking. They sort of disappear and make the stews or soups more hearty.

I'm bingeing on cabbage. Weird.[/QUO TE]

Great Job! Sometimes I get on a vegetable binge when nothing else tastes nearly as good. I love vegetable soup and usually have some of it frozen in my freezer along with chicken rice/ (hubby's favorite) and a hearty low fat vegetable beef. I usually make my own soups so I can control what goes in them, especially salt. I also use a lot of leeks in my cooking. They sort of disappear and make the stews or soups more hearty.

A fitting subject on this frigid morning .... I love a good vegetable soup and a little cornbread goes pretty well with it:)..... DW makes a fabulous split pea and ham .... a bowl of that and a grilled cheese ..... YUMMO:D

Superbob stopped at the MoJo Cafe after a doc visit today, and got a big bowl of beef chili along with the house-blend coffee. Um, some of best chili Superbob has ever had -- big, delicious chunks of beef. With more snow in the air, nothing beats a big pot of chili (well, okay, maybe a scone for dessert but the Man of Steel is trying to slim down -- okay, it's off to walk Superdawg now.)

Back