Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 9-26-14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Up a pound from last week. I really have not really tried to lose or stay the same this week. In all honesty I haven't given dieting much thought this week. My schedule seems to have changed and I'm pretty busy and that's the culprit. Dieting gets pushed pretty low on the priority list when I'm this busy. I'm not making excuses it's just the way I am.

How did your week go? Anyone have a great victory to share? It's nice and cool in SC this morning and I think it's time to get the crock-pot out and whip up some chili!!!

RTNYD15 Starting Weight: 230.75
RTNYD15 Today's Weight: 233.00

Superbob may take a mulligan this week. Son had folks from Eastern Shore visiting last weekend and we all went out to endless buffets. Then business associate came in Monday and we feasted at Sea Captain's. Then anniversary (No. 48) yesterday and DW and I really feasted at Sea Captain's. My only concession was having Key Lime Pie rather than the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. (Key Lime is a little lighter, right?) ; ) Don't know if I can bear to get on the scales, or whether the scales can bear for me to do so.

Superbob;n847672 said:
Superbob may take a mulligan this week. Son had folks from Eastern Shore visiting last weekend and we all went out to endless buffets. Then business associate came in Monday and we feasted at Sea Captain's. Then anniversary (No. 48) yesterday and DW and I really feasted at Sea Captain's. My only concession was having Key Lime Pie rather than the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. (Key Lime is a little lighter, right?) ; ) Don't know if I can bear to get on the scales, or whether the scales can bear for me to do so.

A mulligan is awarded with many congrats from TheChimp!!! We love the Sea Captain and both delicious desserts you mentioned... I have a hard time passing up their Key Lime Pie!!! Happy 48 years in double harness!!! I love to see longevity in marriage...not much of it around any more. Give Mrs. SuperBob a big hug from TheChimp!!!

Congrats once again to Superbob and Mrs. Superbob!
Duffey weighed in at 152.5 this morning. That's a 2.5 gain over vacation, but I'm ok with it.
I'm still fighting something, healthwise. I'm on another two weeks of antibiotics. The doctor's thrown out the possibility of mononucleosis even though the first test for it was negative. Anyway, I think my weight loss will speed up once I feel better. I'm signed up for a 5K in St. Louis in early November, so I need to get walking!

131 - that's up a pound, I got on carb jag over the weekend (wasn't even good . . . just emotional eating . . . so much better than I used to be, but I let myself get run down and foggy-headed and I paid the price.) I got my head back in the game during Tues - today though and I re-read the "weekends" chapter in my diet book to start this week off better. It's good for me to weigh and get right back on track, the key is short mistakes. I took a really long walk today in the woods with friends, that was nice.

Hope you get feeling better Duffey, and can have fun getting ready for your 5K. Have you done that before, or is this a new adventure?

Hope everyone has a satisfying week.

Dornole, no it's not my first 5K. I do one or two every spring. This is my first fall 5K, and I hope the weather is good and cool. I turned down a trip to the ice cream parlour tonight and went for a walk instead. I'm headed to bed feeling quite pleased with myself!

Hey every throwdowner,

Well, it has been a while before I felt confident to correspond on here, with the update, and all, and I have had a little other health procedure to go through last week. I have a urethral stricture so I had to have a procedure to relieve this. It was outpatient, but they filled me up on I've fluids, and 5 lbs later, I am mad. It seems my body loves the salt from the saline solution.

At least I hope it's water weight. B.b.q. Shrimp , swimming in butter, steak with sautéed onions and peppers, and red wine on Saturday night might be the culprit.

mbeard;n847976 said:
Hey every throwdowner,

Well, it has been a while before I felt confident to correspond on here, with the update, and all, and I have had a little other health procedure to go through last week. I have a urethral stricture so I had to have a procedure to relieve this. It was outpatient, but they filled me up on I've fluids, and 5 lbs later, I am mad. It seems my body loves the salt from the saline solution.

At least I hope it's water weight. B.b.q. Shrimp , swimming in butter, steak with sautéed onions and peppers, and red wine on Saturday night might be the culprit.

Glad to hear that all is well, and I must say, your Saturday night meal sounds like it was well worth some water weight!

Latest posts

Back