Cooker's Throwdown Friday .... 3-13-15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Happy Friday the 13th!!! I hope this finds everyone well and making progress. I continue to fight a major case of bronchitis. It's always something.... I see the surgeon today. I'm pretty sure another surgery is in order (mad). I saw my PCP and when she examined the surgery site she said I would need one and called the surgeon to get me in to see him today as opposed to next Friday.

Enough!!! Lets talk weight loss!!! I'm down 2.75 this week!!! Every cloud has a silver lining!! I needed this ray of sunshine!!! How did you do? Hope everyone is well.... from FB it sounds like Jim is doing great!! Keep up the good recovery Jim!!

2015 Starting Weight: 243.50
Last Week's Weight: 237.50
This Week's Weight: 234.75

Hey what's up with another surgery? Why? Drainage? Fluids? Bleeding? I'm 10 days in recovery now and dealing with some low grade fevers every night. Not sure what causes them but they break each night. Drs say it could be the body reacting to bring anemic during the recovery process.
So what is this throw down Friday all about? You have beer and bbq somewheree

Tom...so sorry to read about the need for another procedure. UGH. Say it ain't so.

Weight-wise, my appetite is getting closer to normal now that I'm three weeks post my second within one week OHS adventure. My weight is 191.2, down fractionally from last week. I guess I would be happy to maintain my pre-surgery weight of about 195. I'm actually not sure where i want to be just yet. I only know that I don't want to go back up over 200. I'm 6'5" so at my current weight I'm pretty skinny except for my belly that everybody my age has. I have no medical complaints related to my OHS. Everything is looking good. My INR is in range - finally. I'm walking about 2 hours a day...not fast but that will come. I don't like being on the beta blocker especially because my BP runs low and my heart rater is great 50-60. I got the cardio to half the does of the lopressor but I hope I can get off of it soon. I also am still taking the Amiodarone and I guess I'm stuck with that and the warfarin for a while. The warfarin doesn't bother me because i understand how to manage it (consistency;) Hopefully I can get off of that in a month or so. Things are looking up.

Goodness, Tom, I am sorry to hear about the need for another procedure. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Do keep us posted. You are a real trooper to keep the Throwdown going through all this. My woes seem minor -- persistent case of the crud, now possibly lessening. I have a tooth that needs to be extracted and I have had to delay because of the crud -- and now it seems even looser. Guess I better get that done. DW is still in PT also.

My weight has been stable lately -- will try to do a WI over the weekend. Greg, looks like you are new with us, and so welcome! We are a long-time forum here that started out with us sometimes competing to lose weight but now mostly commiserating and keeping at it. I sure do hope there's some beer and BBQ somewhere down the road soon!

Jim, it is great to read that your recovery appears to be going smoothly now!

Cheers.

My weight's up, but I'm confident it's on the way back down. Chimp, it sux that you need another procedure, but this too shall pass. Jim, glad you're recuperating and Superbob, I hope you ditch the crud sooner rather than later.

What's with all the cases of bronchitis going around down south ?! Hopefully you all can get over the crud invading your bodies. And hopefully our resident Chimp will be on
the upswing again. Rest and healthy eating will help, best wishes.

Latest posts

Back