Cooker's Throwdown Friday . . . 12-13-13

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Happy start of the weigh-in weekend, Throwdowners!

Wow, 12-13-13 … I just wrote that for the first time. Hope it will be a good day and a lucky day. It's the day for the next Megamillions drawing….hmmmmm.

I've never been to more Christmas parties in my life. Not a gripe because it is a blessing. No one makes me overeat except me. It's on me, literally. But I expect a few pounds upward when I weigh tomorrow. It also doesn't help that our community workout room is still down for renovation. Okay, no excuses (though that sounds like one).

In a little while this morning, I go to my semi-annual appointment with a hematologist. He will draw a bunch of blood, analyze it every which way, and see if I still have a downward trend in h&h. It is unsettling that this is done at a cancer center. My theory is that one of my other medicines has been causing this decline, but it could be something else, and at some point he could opt for some invasive test. I would appreciate any good thoughts, vibes, or prayers you want to send for me.

Okay, enough about me --- let me know about YOU … all of you. We've been delighted to have the advice of special panelists Ann and Bina….I hope these good friends will continue to check on us and commiserate with us.

All best…and top of the morning to everyone…..

I hope you have a good report from the hematologist, Superbob, and the downward trend has stopped.

I'll weigh in tomorrow. I wonder if we could talk Ann and Bina into becoming our designated weighers? It's worth a try! Oh Bina! Ann, where are you?:biggrin2:

I hope you have a good report from the hematologist, Superbob, and the downward trend has stopped.

I'll weigh in tomorrow. I wonder if we could talk Ann and Bina into becoming our designated weighers? It's worth a try! Oh Bina! Ann, where are you?:biggrin2:

Designated weighers! I LOVE IT! Especially after stepping on doctor's scales this morning -- yikes! Of course, I did have shoes and coat on -- thought what the heck, might as well see the worst number possible there. Motivation.

For two years, I have been going to this cancer center to see the hematologist for a complete blood count -- with my hemoglobin drop, drop, dropping every time -- not a lot each time, but still a very troubling trend, especially when you look at the gamut of possible causes. The doc has told me what kind of bone marrow test I might be facing eventually -- and that was disturbing in itself.

Anyway today -- praise the Good Lord! --- it was UP a whole gram! UP!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:And all the other numbers were good, too.

They still want me to come back in six months so they can keep checking, but I am thrilled the trend seems to have been reversed. I suggested it might have been due to me getting off LIsinopril (which I suggested after looking at some medical studies) -- they replaced it with Losartan, which seems to be getting credit for being a pretty good med. But the physician's assistant thought it was more likely the result of meds helping me keep the thyroid where it should be. Who knows -- I just love the result.

NOW…..I need to get the weight going in the right direction. I just had a celebratory healthy salad for lunch …. as a start. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Great news Superbob! Very happy to hear things are turning around.

I third the nomination of Ann and Bina as Designated Weighers.

Great news, Superbob!

I am feeling so cheerful! I've sent both Bina and Ann a note and asked them to consider taking the positions. As a matter of fact, I've already asked them to stand in for me tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

I wonder if they'll want to sign a long term contract? No need to test for steroids, do you think?

Great news, Superbob!

I am feeling so cheerful! I've sent both Bina and Ann a note and asked them to consider taking the positions. As a matter of fact, I've already asked them to stand in for me tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

I wonder if they'll want to sign a long term contract? No need to test for steroids, do you think?

No steroids. Maybe diuretics. Or could there be a test to see if someone had resorted to one of The Chimp's magic fruit-juice potions?:p

Does the term "Designated Weighers" translate into "scapegoats" for the sins of a few who indulged in Holiday dinners and pies ? Hmmmm......me thinks that i can be bribed.

Name your price. Money is no object. We'll charge it to Cooker. He'll never know what caused that gigantic hole in his pocket.:wink2:

Hmmmm. Still wondering about a workable bribe for a designated weigher. If at the next ladies club Christmas party Superbob has to accompany DW to, some of the ladies offer the Man of Steel big platters of holiday confections, I will package them and have a hunky UPS guy deliver them to Bina. Will that make you my designated weigher, Bina? ;)

In the meantime, SB is up 2 pounds for the year. Not good, not good at all. Somehow I would like to lose at least those 2 pounds by Jan. 1, and then I am determined to lose 10 by the end of 2014. Okay, so my resolve hasn't been so steely, but I hereby resolve that SB will exert steely resolve in the New Year! :thumbup:

Where are our DWs? I put off posting in hopes one of them would make an appearance, and I wouldn't need to share my weight. Superbob, better package those goodies up and ship them quickly via a hunky UPS guy. Ann's a sucker for a man in uniform while Bina will go for the holiday goodies.:wink2:

I'm up 1.5 for the year and 2.5 since our last weigh-in, but the numbers are subject to revision.

Hmmmm. Still wondering about a workable bribe for a designated weigher. If at the next ladies club Christmas party Superbob has to accompany DW to, some of the ladies offer the Man of Steel big platters of holiday confections, I will package them and have a hunky UPS guy deliver them to Bina. Will that make you my designated weigher, Bina? ;)

In the meantime, SB is up 2 pounds for the year. Not good, not good at all. Somehow I would like to lose at least those 2 pounds by Jan. 1, and then I am determined to lose 10 by the end of 2014. Okay, so my resolve hasn't been so steely, but I hereby resolve that SB will exert steely resolve in the New Year! :thumbup:

Definitely. Platters of holiday confections are readily accepted. :)
I had a nice surprise today when another box was delivered and it was a lovely Christmas themed pillow that I had bought to support dog rescue, but forgotten about. Yay !

Definitely. Platters of holiday confections are readily accepted. :)
I had a nice surprise today when another box was delivered and it was a lovely Christmas themed pillow that I had bought to support dog rescue, but forgotten about. Yay !

If I am understanding Duffey's plan correctly, we are to send the UPS stud to Ann and the cookies to you. That should yield us two Designated Weighers. Done!

You can start weighing for us next week and through the holiday season. :wink2:

Cookies gladly accepted. The UPS dude is supposed to show up next week anyway, I'm still waiting for the gourmet dog cookies to arrive.

Uh, are you sure that you want to see the weight of little scrawny me ?

Well, no. Let's bargain. I want cookies AND the uniform. Sorry I got here late but from past experience you should recall that Ann is bringing the cow's tail.

Cindy I both lost this week. I lost 1.4 and Cindy lost .5. She has lost 8 pounds since starting with WW and I have lost 11 something. I'm now down 15.5 for the year and count myself very lucky to have done it. I ate a lot of seafood this week; I think that helped me a lot. One of those meals was a treat including fried fish, clams and shrimp, but I counted it as part of my extra weekly points.

Hi Cooker, you wanna be DW you!

Latest posts

Back