Cooker's Throwdown Friday ... 10-12-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Is there any hope? ... Can TheChimp pull himself up by the bootstraps? ... Only time will tell ... what concerns me most is that I’m not disgusted with my weight gain ... If I don’t (pardon the language) get pissed off and disgusted with my girth there is “slim chance” of me getting serious about downsizing and with the holidays just around the corner I may be a lost cause ....

Regardless of my status I will continue wishing all Throwdowners success in their quest for “smallness” :thumbup:...

We have decided to head to Bishopville SC today instead of the State Fair to visit the Pearl Fryar Topiary Garden, so maybe, just maybe I will have a day of sensible eating ... Whatever the day brings I just hope to enjoy the fall weather and a day “with my heart” ......

Thanksgiving Day Marathon Starting Weight: 217
Last Week .... 224
This Week .... 226
Marathon Stats .... +9

I'm glad you're headed somewhere besides the State Fair, Cooker. Good choice!
I've got an early morning appointment so I will wait until tomorrow to weigh.
Good luck to anyone/everyone who checks in later.

The important thing is that our Chimp is feeling better. It's certain that he will make progress once again toward svelteness (a word that Superbob prefers to "smallness," for reasons he shall not explain :tongue2:)

As for Superbob, he has had family guests from the great Volunteer State all week, and they are using his weigh-in room. So the Man of Steel (he promises) will weigh in Sunday morning. Uncertainty this week -- no trips to workout room, though Superdawg walks continue and she loves the cooler weather (as does SB). Saturday morning, will have a veritable marathon of activity -- two grandkid's soccer games (actually 3, but can't physically get to all of them), and the area Heart Walk where SB will volunteer at an information booth (and maybe limp around part of the walk -- the full 3 miles may be a bit more than SB's uncushioned steel knee will tolerate). Anyway, maybe the activity will compensate for the extra eating-out with our company this week.

Cheers to all Throwdowners.

And Superbob ain't making no predictions, but he sure is enjoying the Redbirds' games in the baseball playoffs. Few "experts" expected them to make it back so soon, yet there they are, proving again the truth behind the saying, NEVER GIVE UP, which applies to all of life. :thumbup:

I avoided the scale this morning. I also avoided the elliptical machine, because I'm having a recurrence of a strained back muscle today. good excuse, huh?

Jet and I missed training last night. Just as I got up to gather our things to go, the skies opened up. With her shoulder issues, I won't let Jet train in the wet, and even when it's still dry, I won't train outdoors with thunderstorms in the area, either.

I have to get back to walking. I've missed several days because of work being insane. It's been quick grab lunch, then try to catch the boss between client meetings for instructions and document reviews so things can keep moving. Then getting home at or after 7, and not finishing dinner until nearly 8.

Running back to my rockpile now. . . .

Greetings. I met my new cardiologist on Thursday. I like him very much although I do not like the message he gave. It seems like the echo says the pressure through / across the aortic valve is high and has been increasing over the past few years (never told this). He will be doing a Fluroscopy of the AOV on Monday and hopes he may be able to see if there really is a problem with my valve. If that doesn’t reveal enough information I will be taken to the next room for a TEE.

The possibilities: the ST Jude mechanical valve is malfunctioning (doubtful) or pannis (SP?) which I understand to be scar tissue growing over or interfering with valve function. Oh, I have no symptoms. It seems that regular echoes are low frequency and therefor not always accurate.

I will report in when able (happy juice worn off).:biggrin2:

Greetings. I met my new cardiologist on Thursday. I like him very much although I do not like the message he gave. It seems like the echo says the pressure through / across the aortic valve is high and has been increasing over the past few years (never told this). He will be doing a Fluroscopy of the AOV on Monday and hopes he may be able to see if there really is a problem with my valve. If that doesn’t reveal enough information I will be taken to the next room for a TEE.

The possibilities: the ST Jude mechanical valve is malfunctioning (doubtful) or pannis (SP?) which I understand to be scar tissue growing over or interfering with valve function. Oh, I have no symptoms. It seems that regular echoes are low frequency and therefor not always accurate.

I know that you don't like to obsess about test reports, but maybe it would be nice to get copies of the past echoes that the doc
is referring to?
Thankfully you have no symptoms and are way more active than most people (me!) so just hang in there and chill until Monday :)

Hang in there, Buddy! I have had echo reports that were grossly inaccurate. My surgeon had to set them straight about the true picture. Praying all will be okay for you.

As for weigh-in, Superbob is sitting here sweating after watching whole day of soccer during which granddaughter Hannah's team won their second multistate championship. Happy times. I probably should weigh but I am too tired to step on scales. Will do so soon.

Add: A lot of physical activity one one side and some less than wise eating on the other balanced out to no change this week: no gain, no loss. Will try to get back in a better routine this week.

Last edited:
YAY, great news! --- Continue the swinging when you awaken :thumbup:

I told you echocardiograms are false alarm sounders a lot of times. I guess they help in detection, but they are obviously not exact.

Ok ... TheChimp is trying to get back on track ... eating stress away does not work ... I just get more stressed about being "The Biggest Gainer" ... I walked this afternoon to try and clear the fog from the TEE and will try to do a short walk each day .... Colon check a week from today so maybe I can gain ground in the race with the prep ... or will TheRef call foul:confused2:

Ok ... TheChimp is trying to get back on track ... eating stress away does not work ... I just get more stressed about being "The Biggest Gainer" ... I walked this afternoon to try and clear the fog from the TEE and will try to do a short walk each day .... Colon check a week from today so maybe I can gain ground in the race with the prep ... or will TheRef call foul:confused2:

Ref says, "Prep away!":biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cooker, I am so glad things turned out well for you. This caught my eye since I also have a mechanical valve. Great news!

Glad to hear that everything is okay with the valve, Chimp!

Sorry for being MIA this week. It was disaster regarding food. I think we ended up eating out more than we ate in; that's not happening this week. Will weigh in by Friday, I think.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Latest posts

Back