Cooker’s ThrowDown Friday III ... 1-8-2010

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings! ... I have been on a rage with Moon Pies and chocolate as last stated so I’m up three pounds ... such is life ... I hope everyone else has had a better start to 2010 but if not, keep plugging away!!! ... It’s cold here and Chimps must eat to preserve body temp:D .....

Starting weight..........233
Last Week ..................192
This week.....................195
Total Loss ....................38

... as must Super Heroes.:p

Plus, it is too cold to get nekkid for weighing! The Chimp has an advantage with that natural coat he is wearing. :p Nevertheless, Superbob will make the effort shortly....

Okay, Superbob is down a measley two pounds since the start of the great Saint Paddy's Day race. Would have been more but for attacks of the football-watching munchies.

Total weight lost, New Year's Day to St. Patrick's Day: two pounds

Very good job Superbob and Duffey! By Saturday, my weigh-in day, I expect to be down a fraction of a pound. Down is down though!

Okay, Superbob is down a measley two pounds since the start of the great Saint Paddy's Day race. Would have been more but for attacks of the football-watching munchies.

Total weight lost, New Year's Day to St. Patrick's Day: two pounds

No more moon pie or chocolate for the Chimp . . . . seriously!:eek:

Superbob, I think a two pound loss is fantastic!

I weighed 157 last week.
Today I weigh 154.:)
3 pounds loss

Show Offs
:p:p:p

This is a very easy dish to make if you have the ingredients on hand.
It is very low glycemic, even using thigh meat, but I use white.

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken--thighs or breasts
1 1/2 cups carrots, in 1/2-inch chunks
2 cups fresh spinach, shredded (I use frozen too)
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup dry lentils
1/2 cup low-fat chicken broth
1 tsp. dried Italian herbs (I never use)
1 tsp. crushed fennel seed (I never use)
8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced (I use 4-6)
Salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine. Cover; microwave on high power about 25 minutes or until chicken, carrots and lentils are done. Add more broth is needed.

Services 6 (not at our house; 3 for us)
330 calories using thigh meat
41 g protein
27g carbohydrates
6.7 g fat
6 g fiber
353 mg sodium
Glycemic load: 5

On New Year's Eve I weighed 135.6. After the party new year's day, I was afraid to get on the scale.

Today I weigh 133.8. Down almost 2 lbs. That was the easy water weight. Now comes those tough final few pounds.

Maintenance Goal continues to be 129.

DW didn't feel like cooking tonight, so we went to Olive Garden, not exactly safe turf for weight watchers. :eek: However, after having a nice bowl of soup, Superbob found that his appetite was satisfied with just half his plate of spaghetti and meat sauce. OG lists the caloric content of that plate at 710 (yikes!), but SB ate just half of it. Now he also has a delicious dinner for tomorrow in the frig, and he has spread a reasonable dinner tab into a super-reasonable two-night tab. Not long ago, SB would have devoured all those spags in one setting, so maybe he is on the right track! :) What a good boy is SB! :p

Didn't I see mini-Moon Pies somewhere? (Seriously.) Maybe The Chimp could have a 100-cal Moon Pie as a treat.

Thanks for the suggestion ... I have had them before and they are delicious ... only problem instead of eating three regular size I eat six or seven minis ... I have vowed to put on the breaks, again:eek: .... 201 this morning:eek::mad::mad:

In the Chimp's defense, I will add that he received several cases of Moon pies and Snicker's candy bars for Christmas!:eek:

Lex Luthor at work, I think.:rolleyes:

Superbob, fly to Columbia and help your friend and throwdowner founder!:)

In the Chimp's defense, I will add that he received several cases of Moon pies and Snicker's candy bars for Christmas!:eek:

Lex Luthor at work, I think.:rolleyes:

Superbob, fly to Columbia and help your friend and throwdowner founder!:)

So we have finally located Lex Luthor --- wish he (she?) could put the whammy on all the NL teams except the ones with Redbirds across their chests. :p

Cooker, turnarounds are allowed. It doesn't matter what the scale said. Just moon the moon pies and be merrily on your way. ;)

I am down .4 this week, to my most recent :)rolleyes:) low of 184.8. This is the .4 I gained last week. Cindy lost 2.8 pounds this week! Good for her.

Is the problem really that The Chimp is washing down all those Moon Pies with RC Colas? As a Southern born and bred superhero, Superbob couldn't conceive of having a Moon Pie without an RC Cola (though in currently circumstance would need sugar-free versions of both)....:p

Long been a delicacy in country stores throughout the Deep South (USA), esp when consumed with a cold Royal Crown Cola (RC).

http://www.moonpie.com/

Caloric content of the original Moon Pie: catastrophic. But we didn't care back then. :D

Calling a Moon Pie a delicacy is subjective. I personally don't like them, and it has nothing to do with my being raised on the Northern bank of the Ohio River; thereby technically making me a Yankee.;):p

Latest posts

Back