Comparison Echos

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blessed1416

I can't figure out what's going on. My cardiologist doesn't seem at all concerned about my symptoms, so I've convinced myself that I shouldn't worry, yet he still has me coming in for check-ups every 3 months. I am extremely short of breath when doing the simplest activities...showering and blow drying my hair even wears me out. This morning while chasing my dog, I caught him, but had to sit down when I got back in the house. Now, even typing is tiring me. My cardio has done two echos in the last 2 months, but he says that they "look good." There are some differences, but I have no idea what they mean. Could someone please tell me, in simple terms how to interpret this info? Measurement: Right Ventricle: no measurement recorded for the 1st month./ 2.8 2nd mo., Left Ventricle/Distole: 4.1 1st mo./ 4.3 2nd mo., Left Ventricle/Systole: 2.4 1st mo./2.8 2nd mo., Left Ventricle Septal Wall Thickness: 1.2 1st mo./ 1.1 2nd mo., Left Ventricle Posterior Wall Thickness: 1.9 1st mo./ 1.9 2nd mo., Aortic Root: 2.1 1st mo., 2.1 2nd mo., Left Atrium: 2.6 1st mo./3.3 2nd mo.
Ecocardiogram Report:1. Concentric LVH with preserved LV function ejection fraction 60-65% (same comment both months),2. Normal size right ventricle with preserved right ventricle function 55% (same both months),3. Prosthetic MV moves well (same), 4. Thickened aortic valve no aortic stenosis, mild aortic insuffency 1/4 (same) 5. Thickened tricuspid valve, no tricuspid stenosis with mild regurgitation 1/4 1st mo, moderate tricuspid regurgitation 2/4 2nd mo. 6. Normal right atrium and left atrium (same comment both months) 7. Small pericardial effusion and no pleural effsion (same comment both months) 8. PA pressures 40 mmHg. 1st mo. No PA pressures recorded on the 2nd mo echo report.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have you considerred getting a 2nd opinion from another center?

It looks like the tricuspid regurge got worse in just 1 months time, Did the same tech do each echo? If not if possible I would ask about if you are going to have echos every couple months could they try to keep you with the same tech, since slight changes in echos might just be where the different techs measure. I personally hate when they don't measure something the 2nd echo that they did the first, like the PA pressure, but since he can look at the actual test, I would ask about whatPA pressure is and if it could be causing your symptons.

With your symptons, and having to go every 3 months for check up and echos, I would ask what he is watching for and what is the plan. Since the symptons are really effecting your life, Has he mentioned any meds that might help, or does he think something beside your heart could be causing some of the symptons.

I'd also probably ask if the fact you've already had 2 surgeries is playing into any recomendations he is making.. Is this The old when does the benefit outweigh the risk type thing, that can often weigh into decisions about multiple surgeries.

Latest posts

Back