Cold Night Sweats....Um Why?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vhmoriarty

For the last week I have been waking up with these really bad cold night sweats. I get up take my temp and its fine.

Anyone else expierence this with Aortic Stenosis?

Or it could be cause Im having surgery friday also...duh:mad:

If you have a mild fever that is coming and going, sweating is an indication of a fever breaking. Taking your temperature after your fever broke will likely show a normal temp. Take your temp either before you go to bed or if you wake up and haven't been sweating.

Night sweating can be a symptom of cardiac insufficiency. Many have reported this, and I saw it in my dear husband. Your surgery should take care of this problem. At least it did for Joe and for others.

Night sweating can be a symptom of cardiac insufficiency. Many have reported this, and I saw it in my dear husband. Your surgery should take care of this problem. At least it did for Joe and for others.

....but don't expect it to go away immediately with the surgery. It is VERY common to have night sweats when you first get home. It may be a way our bodies try to get rid of the anesthesia, residual of meds given in the OR, and the early post-op period.

Yep. I had those before surgery, too. Of course, it was summer in texas with a faulty AC system....so we'll never know for sure if it was the heart problem or the a/c. But I don't have them anymore!

Thankfully, I didn't get any night sweats. Certainly had anxiety but skipped that unpleasant event, gratefully. When I first came home from my second surgery, I almost expected them but it didn't happen. It also didn't happen my first surgery but I didn't even know at that time that it happened to some people. Ignorance was bliss. :)

Yep had the night sweats too...most of the time I could also tell that my heart wasn't beating right...don't think I was in A-Fib, but it was jumping around. I also woke up 2 times with total rotational vertigo about a month before surgery (when I think of all the money I gave that ENT!), and here is something else...I don't think I really noticed it until last night....I also had several episodes of double vision a week AND floaters that look like small lights! I had these along with the dark spiderary floaters, which I still have, but the small white lights have gone!

Heres another thing...every single morning as soon as I would get up there was a huge white light that would go from the bottom of my right eye to the top of it almost like a water bubble. At first it really scared me and then I just got use to it. It did that for several months before surgery and never missed a day....and it hasn't done it once since! So, I know it had something to do with my Mitral Stenosis.

Also developed a low level buzzing in my ears that cost me many hours sleep. I still have a sudden high pitch ringing (believe its from the aspirin) but the low level buzz went away post surgery as well.

So yes, the heart (it seems) can make your whole body do strange things....if the night sweats are all you are having...then count your blessings! Friday is just around the bend!

Mileena

Yeah I have this freaking left eye twitch that has been coming and going for about six months now. Basically when I started getting this shortness of breath. But the night sweats have just started happening in the last week, so pretty sure that it may be nerves, just didnt know if anyone else had expierenced this.
thanks guys!

I'm so glad you posted this question, because I'm so glad Nancy had this answer! I hadn't missed them (in two years!) and when I had them before surgery thought it was just really extended menopause:confused:.

The eye twitch is probably yet another stress reaction--or too much time at the computer?

I have migraine auras without the headache. I don't have those often so I haven't really missed them.....I will be interested in knowing if they ever come back, but since I don't have them but once a year or so it will be a while.

Mileena

I only had night sweats after surgery, as described by Betty (BVDR). And I only had them the first time. They're very common after surgery, and then they're usually caused as Betty said. Yours are different from those. Glad your surgery is soon.

Best wishes,

Stress will cause night sweats along with other issues. When I let things get to me my pillow feels like a gallon of water has been poured on it.

I had night sweats for years. They are much less frequebt after surgery but I still have them occasionally.

Latest posts

Back