Cold-eeze okay?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pem

Cold-eeze (sp?) is the brand for those zinc-based lozenges that purport to reduce the intensity and duration of cold viruses. I think there's some kind of warning on the Cold-eeze package about Coumadin - like "check with your doctor if you are taking Coumadin".

Has anyone had experience with this or have any information about the severity of the interaction?

Thanks,
pem

I don't know of any problems with zinc and warfarin - and suspect that the warning was more CYA than a real warning.

I get Zinc in many of the supplements I take and don't think I've seen any effect either way on my INR. (Of course, as a person who self tests at least once a week, if there WAS an effect, I've probably adjusted my dosage long ago to account for it). I've taken Zinc (as a separate tablet) when I've had a cold, and don't recall any impact on my INR either way.

When you get a meter, Pem, you'll be able to check for effects of Cold-Eeze and other things more directly.

Latest posts

Back