Cold and Flu OTC medicines?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james

So I am a Mech valver taking Plavix and Lisinipril. Anyone have experience with what OTC decongestant/holy crap my head and muscles hurt type of meds are ok? I know that the stuff with tylonal for pain is ok but, what have you been recommended? I am not going to get up to the store to ask a pro until the wife gets back so I was going to raid the pill cabinet here. Or maybe just go throw up and head back to sleep again instead.
Thanks

I've been told that since I take Metoprolol, any decongestants will mess with my BP and HR,
causing an unwanted increase. My choice would be an Advil with a mug of hot lemon tea.

Whenever I feel a cold or flu is coming on I start taking Astragalus, Echinacea and mushroom. That does the trick for me. And drink plenty or water and rest.
No OTC medicines for me. Hope you feel better.

Mucinex, guaifenesin, though marketed as an expectorant for coughs, works to thin mucus secretions. Does not have side effects for the heart. Drink lots of water to help this med work. I use it all the time for sinus problems and it works great. Make sure you get one that only has guaifensin, so many cold meds have multiple meds in them now. You will probably have to stick to Tylenol for the aches and pains.

Latest posts

Back