Cognitive Impairment due to Heart Lung?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday April 13/2012, had a phone conversation with my doctor regarding my MRI with contrast I had on the 4th, and was told "there was evidence that I was on the HL machine (according to my surgical report it was 90 minutes I think) which which is also known as bumphead".

I'm expecting a copy of the MRI report next week, if I haven't already hijacked this thread I'll post more about the results regarding bumhead if necessary.

BTW it's been 5 years since my OHS.

Friday April 13/2012, had a phone conversation with my doctor regarding my MRI with contrast I had on the 4th, and was told "there was evidence that I was on the HL machine (according to my surgical report it was 90 minutes I think) which which is also known as bumphead".

I'm expecting a copy of the MRI report next week, if I haven't already hijacked this thread I'll post more about the results regarding bumhead if necessary.

BTW it's been 5 years since my OHS.

I see some errors in your post, don't know if these errors are a joke or honest errors. I think its called pump head and not bumphead, I don't know if your being serious or not? I think 90 minutes on the pump is pretty normal, I was on it for 3 hours... Sheesh. Plus I've had two concussions in the past.

I think the long term and short term effects of the pump are similar to concussions in my experience. A little different but just to help explain it someone. I remember when I had my concussions it took me a day to get a grip of reality but a week later I was still questioning how I was feeling concerning cognitive function. A month later I basically adjusted to the "new normal" after both concussions but I think it still had some long term effects even with personality and depression, mix this with OHS and dang I'm surprised I'm not a talking monkey.

Julian; honest errors and bad spelling on my part, although that's how my doctor said it. She is from South Africa and has a very heavy accent and doesn't pronounce certain English words correctly.......sorry I should have made the correction while posting.

I referring to my MRI that showed that I had been on the HL machine which was only 90 minutes, a little amazed what the MRI showed.

Julian; honest errors and bad spelling on my part, although that's how my doctor said it. She is from South Africa and has a very heavy accent and doesn't pronounce certain English words correctly.......sorry I should have made the correction while posting.

I referring to my MRI that showed that I had been on the HL machine which was only 90 minutes, a little amazed what the MRI showed.

Glad they were honest errors! :biggrin2:

Dang, its amazing how the doctor could see evidence of HL machine damage. That's disappointing for sure. This is why I want to have a CT (can't have MRI because of pacemaker). I want to know what is going on so I know what to pray for :angel: . Doctors sometimes see something abnormal and if its not immediately life threatening and ultimately nothing can be done for it they just say, "oh ya I can tell you've been on a bypass machine." :confused2:

My next question is, "well what the hell does that mean doc?" :confused2:

Thanks for sharing this Freddie, don't mean to hi jack the thread sorry OG poster.

Latest posts

Back