Clear runway to surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilman

Well,

I had my catherization yesterday. No blockages, so I have a clear shot for my surgery on Aug. 21. I also decided not to enter the clinical trial for plavix or low dose coumadin, so the surgery will be done at Rex Hospital in Raleigh at 8:00am. Feel pretty calm about it all (at least for now). Trying to look forward to the time off work rather than the surgery itself and the hospital stay. Thanks for all the support and guidance from all my VR.com friends.
I'll be talking to you soon.

Barry

Hi Barry,
It's always nice to get the cath done and be able to move closer to surgery with a good feeling about it all.
Keep your positive attitude and it will all be over before you know it:)
Bina

Barry,

Great news on the good cath!! I was so excited to see my veins/arteries light op like a Christmas tree. It was a relief to know that I would not need any bi-pass. Glad you are calm. That is the only way to go into it. I am sure all will go well.

Best,

Tom

Go for it Barry!

May the Force be with you!

Cheers,

Adam

Great news, Barry- it's always nice to know you don't need a bypass as well. Keep up the great attitude and you will do fine!

Congratulations on your cath result, as well as making your decision about the clinical trial. Two more things put behind you so that you can focus on the surgery and your recovery. You've got a great attitude going in and that's half the battle. Best wishes.

Barry-
Happy to hear about the good news and best wishes on your upcoming surgery. This might be an odd question, but could you tell me how much compensation they were offering to be a part of the clinical trial?

Mike

Barry, good for you! It is always nice to hear good news especially from another North Carolinian. I had mine MVR at Duke but there are a lot of really good choices in our state.

Mike,

The only compensation was that I wouldn't have to pay for any testing and monitoring (echo's, blood test, etc.) scheduled due to the trial. They would have also provided a home INR monitoring device IF my insurance wouldn't pick it up...so, not much compenstation considering I'd have to drive slightly over an hour for these scheduled tests. However, compensation was the least of my concerns. Whatever is in my best interest health and lifestyle wise is my main focus.

Barry-
Thanks for the info. I work in product development for a medical device manufacturer, and am frequently involved in setting up clinical trials for new products. This was somewhat different as it is a new technique, not a new product. I was just wondering what other companies offered consumers who agree to be a part of trials. Thanks!

Mike

Barry,

GOOD LUCK!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a SUCCESSFUL surgery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"My heart is like an open highway" ... Bon Jovi ... 'It's My Life'

Latest posts

Back