Chicago area get together?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Danielle,

I am all for that. Maybe put up a few date options and let folks vote! Lorraine had mentioned meeting for Brunch up north.

della_anne said:
Hey Cort,

How as the CHD Quild project Golf dinner outting? Unfortunately, I could not make it. Was there a good turn out for it?

*nods*

Yes, there was! The outing itself was wonderful. I had a blast meeting some more new people ... and, of course, catching up with old friends, some I had met the previous year at the outing.....

Hey Gina,

I'm pretty busy at work right now but I had to check in and lurk on vr.com. Glad I did. My ears must have been burning since you all were talking about me! :D

How does anyone feel about brunch on one of the next two Sundays? Do we want to do it in Crystal Lake (Holiday Inn) ,Algonquin (Port Edwards) Elgin (?) Schaumburg (?)? Somewhere else? Just throwing out some ideas. I'm game. I'm in withdrawal from not being able to go on the Cruise!:( This is the first reunion I missed since finding this site! :eek: I sure hope I can go to the next one whenever that will be.

So Gina,Danielle, Cort, Steve and anyone else what does everyone think?

Hey Lorraine!

Glad we could came out of "lurking mode". I am free Sunday the 5th:) Schaumburg may be a good middle ground meeting point for everyone! Where would we meet??Hummm?

Schaumburgs fine. I have no idea what restaurants are in that area anymore. I know there are plenty of places. I just haven't been out that way in a long time. Just remember the more congested the area is, the longer we will probably have to wait to get a table, especially for a Sunday brunch. Of course that will give us even more time to talk! :D

If it were a nice day though, we could have a brunch more toward Algonquin or Elgin and go to the racetrack that Cort was talking on 31 for a walk. Just another thought. With the way our weathers been though, it will probably be snowing that day!:)

Any thoughts? Nov 5th would work for me.

Hey Gina,

Thanks for finding the Port Edwards website! Cool! Yeah, I haven't been there for a brunch in years. I was there sometime the beginning of last year for dinner and to see the band that was playing. It is a nice place and right on the river. Fox that is! If Cort is able to make it we could go for that walk we we're talking about a couple of months ago. If it's too cold we could always shoot some pool in Algonquin. Not that I'm very good of a pool player. I do manage to get some lucky shots in once in a while though! :D I'm like you Gina, I'll go along with wherever the majority would like to meet!

Sounds great Lorraine! We will wait on the others. And...ummm...yes, walk sounds great! Especially after eating all of that delicious food:eek: Do you think Cort may want to "attempt" to win a game of pool.?;) Ok...better run off. I hear him coming and he's not happy:D ;)

I am good to go for next Sunday! Looking forward to seeing anyone that makes it! :) Still boo hooing over missing the reunion. Need to get our fix:D. Lorraine...do we want to set a time. Maybe 11:30AM ish? Think I will need an hour TT.

I think 11:30am sounds good. I'll be able to sleep in for a change! :) As soon as we get a head count I'll call and see if we can get reservations. Danielle, Cort anyone else who would be interesting in meeting us for brunch? I do want to clarify Gina, you did say Sunday Nov 5th correct? I'm in withdrawal myself from missing the reunion this year! :( Sure wish I could have gone. Timing was all wrong. Looking forward to seeing whoever can show up on the 5th!

Hi Lorraine,

Yes. 11/5. 11:30 works:) Hank was asking for suggestions for next falls reunion. Mentioned that a few of us could not partake because of the timing. Earlier on the in month of Oct. Like the second weekend as is the past! Sherry and Janie also had an issue getting away mid week..end month! There is always next time! For now maybe we can find a cruise out of Port Edward. Oh my. How funny!!!!!

Funny Gina!:D A cruise down the mighty Fox River!:D I agree I think it was better when the fall reunions were the second week of October. Working at the Law School it's real hard to get a whole week off during the school year, unless it's a couple of days one week and a few the next week! The end of the month it gets even harder to get away because I'm gearing up for exams.

So Cort or Danielle? Are you going to be able to join us on Nov 5th? Unfortunately my sister said there is a benefit tournament at the pool hall in Algonquin next weekend so that place would be out to shoot pool. However there is Wine & Roses (bar/restaurant) and Bullwinkles (bar) in Algonquin on Rt 31 that also have pool tables. So Cort are you not responding because Gina challenged you one more time at pool? ;) :D

Would love to join you for brunch, but Sunday's are bad for me with my church employment. Have a great time!

Karlynn...we will miss you. Next one will have to be on a Friday or Saturday!

Yes, Cort. Yoooooo Hoooooo. Where are you?:p

Latest posts

Back