Chest tightness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been having chest tightness, called my cardiologist, he said come right to his office. He ran a EKG, looked ok, but said it didn't prove a thing. He seem pretty concerned. Set me up for Cardiolite stress test Thursday. I had one 3 years ago and I was in excellent shape. Life style hasn't changed, no weight gain, still walking 3 miles a day, cholesterol always great. Have high triglycerides but stays in control by taking Gemfibrozil.

Off course he said it wasn't related to my mechanical AV.

So hopefully, I'll find out Thursday. We had planned to leave Friday on a cruise but now those plans may change.

Thanks Sue and Ross. No, he didn't mention chest x-ray but my heart muscle will be x-rayed as part of the stress test.

He said he didn't think it was my heart due to my history. But had to be sure. He normally runs all stress test at his office on Tuesday. But when I told him we were planning on leaving Friday, he said he'd cancel appointments and do it in the hospital. I'm sure he would rather used his equipment but something about him getting the Cardiolite injections only on Tuesday.

Besides being a great cardiologist, he's a nice guy. He also gave me a prescription for nitroglycerin pills. just in case.
I don't have the chest tightness now and I don't think it had anything to do with my heart. But was suspicious when it happen several times, especially when I was fast walking and I could slow down and it would stop.

Thanks Sue and Ross. No, he didn't mention chest x-ray but my heart muscle will be x-rayed as part of the stress test.

He said he didn't think it was my heart due to my history. But had to be sure. He normally runs all stress test at his office on Tuesday. But when I told him we were planning on leaving Friday, he said he'd cancel appointments and do it in the hospital. I'm sure he would rather used his equipment but something about him getting the Cardiolite injections only on Tuesday.

Besides being a great cardiologist, he's a nice guy. He also gave me a prescription for nitroglycerin pills. just in case.
I don't have the chest tightness now and I don't think it had anything to do with my heart. But was suspicious when it happen several times, especially when I was fast walking and I could slow down and it would stop.

Dayton,

Good luck tomorrow and hope it is nothing...just air/gases:D

I was feeling the same, and now they are gone. Look forward to hearing an update.:)

Wishing you good luck with your test today. Sure hope you get to go on your cruise.

Dayton,

Good luck tomorrow and hope it is nothing...just air/gases:D

I was feeling the same, and now they are gone. Look forward to hearing an update.:)

Eva, I fully believe you're right about the gas.;) I kept thinking it might be gas but never had it to feel just like that. Until yesterday I took a sick stomach, diarrhea and fever. Then the chest tightness went away. Now I'm fully convinced it's not my heart.

I had the stress test while ago and they sent me home for lunch. Go back again this afternoon for the last scan. I also told my doctor that I though now it was my stomach. He said that's ok, for it was time for me to have a stress test.

Are you back yet? Hope with all my heart everything is okay?
Sue, the doctor wanted to know when we were leaving and I told him, he said he would try his best to get the final results by then. Had it been done in his office there wouldn't been any delay on getting results. So hope to know before we leave. And I'll drop a note here.

Last edited:
I hope the results are favorable & it just proves to be something minor, like gas so that you can go on your cruise.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you & please let us know! :)

BTW, where are you going on your cruise??

My cardiologist just called, said I was still in great shape.

So we'll be heading to Galveston and then on to the Western Caribbean.

My thanks to all you wonderful people that posted. :)

Better take lots of pictures and share them! Maybe get some shots of some of those Caribbean bikinis for me?

Latest posts

Back