Checking in...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma

Hi all!!! It's been sooo long since I was here. I think since I keep up with some of you on facebook now I've not come here so often. Thought it was about time I came in and saw how everyone is and gave you an update on Chloe.

For those who don't know us, my 10 year old Chloe was born with complete AVSD and had mitral valve replacement at 18 months old. Been on warfarin ever since.

So Chloe is doing really well (I almost want to whisper that and touch wood at the same time as saying it). She's still on yearly checkups with another one due in June. She's doing almost everything at school her friends do, other than the rougher contact sports but she's ok with that. Warfarin wise all seems to be going well. We've had a couple of high INR's but I'm used to that after 8 years of warfarin so we just reduce dose, have some greens and carry on.

She has recently started to ask some questions about what her heart condition might mean when she's older. I've sort of side stepped them for now and answered as briefly but honestly as possible. For example, she's asked if she'll be able to have babies when she's grown up. I could only reply that its something she will have to speak to doctors about when she's a lot older as we really don't know yet. What else can I say?! Breaks my heart to think she quite possibly won't be able to though. Hopefuly she'll see all the benefits of her replacements outweigh the things she is unable to do in life.

As for the rest of us. Work and life plodding along as usual. Baby Amelia is no longer really a baby. She's coming up for 18 months old and is gorgeous. She's a little monkey though. Whereas Chloe was a calm baby, sitting and playing nicely with toys, Amelia is her opposite! She climbs, pulls things down, gets into cupboards etc etc but is so funny and so much fun I find it difficult to ever tell her off! :)

That was a bit more of a waffle than it was meant to be. Off to read some posts on here now and catch up on everyone. Hope all are well!!!

Emma
xxx

Emma,
I'm so glad to see you post! You have been gone a long time. So long, in fact, that you might not recognize Duffey as being Mary! I hope Chloe accepts what life brings her as a blessing, but I know it's hard to see it when your entire life stretches out before you.

Emma, Thanks for the update! Love the bit about the "monkey". That is what i have called most of my nieces and nephews. All the best, Brian

Thanks for the update Emma. Glad to hear that Chloe is doing so well.
Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Mark

Hey lady, we need pics! I thought for sure those girls had graduated college and gotten married by now. :D

Nice to be back, thanks everyone!
lol Ross not quite college yet but time does go so fast!!
Mary, you've changed - how come the new name?? And how's your John ;) x
Photos hmmm never been too good at attaching them on here - I'll give it a go now...
xxx

Attachments

• _MG_3930..jpg
    _MG_3930..jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 110
oooh i did it (I think???). It's me and the girls - I was lying down and Jason decided upside down photos would be fun to take lol!

Will try one so you can see the girls properly...
xxx

Attachments

• _MG_4107..jpg
    _MG_4107..jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 107
Beautiful pictures of all of you Emma! Glad to know and to see that Chloe is doing so well and going on with her life! And your little Amelia looks like she'll keep you on your toes for sure! :)

Stay well!

I'll have to flip the upsidedown shot and take a good look. I already see someone is definately taking after mom. Thanks for posting the pics. :)

Wonderful photos!! Beautiful girls!! Lovely to hear from you and glad that you are sounding so incredibly happy and full of joy!

Best wishes to you!

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back