Checking in around the six month post op.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Always Assume Positive Intent
Hey everyone, just checking in. It has been a while, as we have had a pretty darn busy summer here. Work is going well, and personal life is going very well. We have been enjoying the nice weather at the camper as much as we can, and are now starting to feel the cool in the air that signifies autumn around here. Seems to early for that already. I have made three batches of salsa and two batches of canned tomatoes,and I still have more hot peppers than I know what to do with. Have been making dried fruit and veggies as well as jerky with my new dehydrator, storing up.

I go in for my six month meeting on October 4th, although it is about a month late. My actual six month anniversary was the 7th of September, but the doc didn't have time to fit it in. Sounds like I will meet with him for a total of about 15 minutes, so not quite sure what we will be covering. I found out that my next echo isn't until 1 year post-op, or March-April timeframe. Like I said, though, I am feeling good and don't see any complications.

I did finally get my license plates for my car, so thought I would attach a pic of it. I know the group here can appreciate!

IMG_5190.jpg

Good to hear Jason! My surgery was March 4 and I too have had no complications. I agree , life on the other side is good. The cardio's office left a voice mail today saying they want me to have an echo before my Oct. appointment. I'm guessing it's a 6mo post op thing. Let's get it all done now, December starts a new year paying $2500 deductible for the health insurance. Sure glad I have it, the bill was $200K for the operation. Glad to hear you are doing well.
John

Jason, what on earth are you doing spending ANY time at your camper when you have a car like that sitting around? ;)
Great plate on it too !!
Oh yeah, congrats on a great recovery.

Jason - Now you know what I mean by my statement that ". . . if I can't turn my back tires to smoke and dust, then I'm not having fun!" Around here we see the tachometer's redline at least once a day - and the car is now 10 years and 104,000 miles old. There's no substitute for torque and horsepower. Enjoy them - life and the car!

Just wanted to say I'm extremely jealous of your car. The plate kicks @$$ and I'm so happy to hear that things seem to be going extremely well for you!

Thanks, everyone. I am very happy with both the recovery and the car. Steve, I certainly understand the sentiment, and am really enjoying the car. It isn't the smoothest ride, but then that is what you get with a sport suspension! Bina, I still owe you a ride in it; maybe next summer!

Latest posts

Back