Change Or Die

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just double clicked on my own avatar and got the private message page, plus a showing of 7 'friends'. We never had that before. What is it? Where'd it come from. Did it pick up something from Face Book????? an enigma in VR?

Ann,

In this new fancy version - everyone has their own personal page.

you can actually set up your own page so it shows what you want to see from the rest of the forum and then only have to visit there to see whats happening.

It's pretty cool stuff.

I'm lost.
Are all the old posts gone? Can we no longer access all that valuable information?
I hope this isn't taken as a complaint.... just an information please question.

We lost all data previous to Jan 27th.

I guess this is a little like being told you need Open Heart Surgery.

It's scary at first becasue its all new and you don't know what to expect,

but then you find a great group of people who can help you through it,

So you talk to them and learn a bunch of new terms and stuff

And then you somehow get over that mountain and

Wow.... suddenly it wasn't so bad and now you're the expert!

So I'm planning on climbing and tackling this new website mountain tonight and this weekend.

We got through OHS, we can get through this little learning curve of a bump!
Best wishes All
John

Yes - Losing a months worth of data sucks bug time!

Indeed. It's kind of like losing a part of yourself, but ... I am VERY glad YOU are now in control of the backups, etc. That is awesome.

I LOVE this new look. Yeah, I see a few things that I think should be "tweaked", but several of my other forums are moving to this general look (or new format) ... and it really is nice, imho.

I mentioned on someone's Facebook status that I might visit and re-post some things I had posted in the last month. I know I had some replies to them that were lost, but ah, well. Mary said I should do it ... so, here I am ... and will be POSTING a bit now ;).

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * my radio show.03/13/10 *
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I could feel a sweet beginning" ... Vince Gill ... 'Cinderella'

This is not a complaint but it's going to take me awhile to figure all of this out; and right now I'm afraid I don't have time to familiarize myself with the new format and options and such.

As I'm typing this, I don't see an option to preview my post. Oh, here it is, "Go Advanced." Click.

Let me try out the new smilies :eek: Where'd my adorable wild-eyed old "eek" go?!? Sorry, that was a tiny complaint, with a frownie smilie here :(

Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out. Eventually...

Hey Ross, can you put the picture of me and Cort back on for my advatar? It showed the new skinny me instead of the fat one.
Thanks, Glenda

Hey! I'm in! yay!

Thanks for the good remarks, Cooker. 3 minutes in and I like this place!!!

Thank you, Hank!! Looks like fun.

Marguerite

Awesome

Awesome

It's like if my wife moves the bread, we still have it, I just have to look for it.....:p

:D LOL, that is funny! I luv it! And is simply stated. I agree and am grateful this site is still here, along with all of you! I just found VR not long ago, and it's been a mind-saver for me. I'll take it anyway it comes. =P ~Karen

Sheesh, where can you join a great forum on the net for $25 for six months? Love the new look. Now when I click "submit reply" I'll get to see if my avatar is there and how my sig block looks. :)

Last edited:
Are my posts getting posted? It won't let me in on the first page that is opening. I click on Forum and then I can get in. Did I need to send $25.00 before it will let me post?. I am having bad financial problems at the time, supporting two households has taken a toll on us so it may be a couple of months before I can contribute.

Latest posts

Back