Cataract Surgery while Anti-Coagulated ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I'm watching in interest because I face cataract surgery some day down the road. Mine are getting pretty bad.

One of my similar aged friends mentioned that his mother resisted having cataract surgery for years.
Finally her vision became so poor that she relented. As soon as she looked through her 'new eye'
she asked: "How soon can we do the other one?" Enough said ? :)

'AL Capshaw'

One of my similar aged friends mentioned that his mother resisted having cataract surgery for years.
Finally her vision became so poor that she relented. As soon as she looked through her 'new eye'
she asked: "How soon can we do the other one?" Enough said ? :)

'AL Capshaw'

Hensylee told me the same thing.

It's getting harder and harder to see the computer screen. I'm forever editing posts, because I see mistakes later on.

Alice has had both eyes done with good results for many years. She is now developing PCO( posterior capsule opacity) in one eye. Its getting slowly worse. Soon she may have YAG laser capsulotomy. No big deal and usually helps if not cure the problem.

Al, after talking with my Opthomologist, I chose the single focus lens. The expensive ones sound fine but they also can cause more vision defects, especially, at night. During the weeks after surgery, I noticed a distinct astrism when I looked at bright lights including the moon, street lights, car lights, etc. As my eyes have continued adjusting that has begun to disappear. My Doctor tried to optimize my lens to retain more close vision. At first, I was really disappointed to find that not only could I not read easily but I couldn't even see my finger prints. Three months later, I am seeing smaller letters more clearly and can read most things without my glasses. Since I've been near sighted all of my life, it is very strange to go outside and be able to read street signs half a block away or go to the movies or watch television without needing glasses. I need reading glasses for very small print but even that continues to improve.

One item of note: I got my new glasses at Lens Crafters because they provide a guarantee that they will remake your glasses a 2nd time up to 6 months after having new glasses made following lens replacement. At the time, I didn't think this was going to be an issue for me but to my surprise, my eyes have continued to improve. Sun glasses are a must!

Larry

It's getting harder and harder to see the computer screen. I'm forever editing posts, because I see mistakes later on.

Try wearing sunglasses to reduce the light level. I noticed that I could see better after my eye exam and drove home wearing those film sunglasses they give patients to slip behind their regular glasses.

Without sunglasses, white backgrounds just 'overload' the cataract giving an effect somewhat like driving in a 'white out' from wind blown snow.

Latest posts

Back