bruising with lovenox bridging

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temp69

going in for surgery to remove kidney stone wed am
am on lovenox, two injections per day
i noticed some horrible RED BLOTCHES on my...ass
probably from sitting on long road trip yesterday, 3hrs of driving.
anyone know of good info site or have experience about lovenox and bruising?

i feel fine.
but having red monkey ass is...undignified

Yeah, you should have seen my bruise when I had my wires removed. I had a bruise with a diameter of about 8-10 inches and my entire chest was BLACK! As it faded out and I had a ring of green. It was very attractive. Like all bruises, it takes time for Lovenox bruises to go away, but it is a common side effect.

Men's asses in tight jeans are always dignified, so just cover up those bruises!

thanks so much

thanks so much

for reaching out
what on earth could lisa in kady mean?
and your avatar is...
smokin':rolleyes:

Have heard of various injection techniques on this site in the past. One is to pinch the injection site and then sticking the needle in. Another was to apply an ice cube and get the injection site cool. Also one about letting all of the alcohol dry before injecting. Take your pick - or just put up with the bruises for awhile... My last time with the Lovenox was a few years ago for my 50 year colonoscopy. I am looking for another shortly for wisdom tooth extractions. I am not quite sure which procedure is worse - but the Lovenox experience doesn't make it any better!

I've been on Lovenox several times and I have yet to escape major bruising. The one thing that is a real no-no is getting rid of any air bubble at the end before injecting it. In fact, I don't even touch the plunger until I've already got the needle in where I want it and then inject it. Never rub the site afterwards either. I do each injection the same and sometimes I get big bruises and sometimes hardly any at all. When I'm on Lovenox I end up with batches of bruises especially on my legs. My husband has had quite a few surgeries for kidney stones, the last just a couple of months ago, and his always went very well. I hope yours does too.

hey thanks for the tips and help

hey thanks for the tips and help

this site is so cool, appreciate your kind words and thoughts. had the surgery today and it was...not fun, surprise! but each day will get a little better.

as for KADY IN TEXAS, sorry, but i'm a dude and would never knowingly hubba hubba anyone's 17 year old daughter. i have one of my own and she's my pride and joy.

but if i put her picture there...people might think that was me. mmm.....:cool:

dental

dental

denverman1 said:
Have heard of various injection techniques on this site in the past. One is to pinch the injection site and then sticking the needle in. Another was to apply an ice cube and get the injection site cool. Also one about letting all of the alcohol dry before injecting. Take your pick - or just put up with the bruises for awhile... My last time with the Lovenox was a few years ago for my 50 year colonoscopy. I am looking for another shortly for wisdom tooth extractions. I am not quite sure which procedure is worse - but the Lovenox experience doesn't make it any better!

Denverman1,

Why do the even want you to stop coumadin for upcomming tooth extractions. Read the following link:

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/tuith/Static/info/warfarin.pdf
You should print and give to your Dentist/Oral Surgeon

bvdr said:
I've been on Lovenox several times and I have yet to escape major bruising. The one thing that is a real no-no is getting rid of any air bubble at the end before injecting it. In fact, I don't even touch the plunger until I've already got the needle in where I want it and then inject it. Never rub the site afterwards either. I do each injection the same and sometimes I get big bruises and sometimes hardly any at all. When I'm on Lovenox I end up with batches of bruises especially on my legs. My husband has had quite a few surgeries for kidney stones, the last just a couple of months ago, and his always went very well. I hope yours does too.

Hello there,
When I needed a Lovenox bridge several years ago the nurse taught us to not expel the "bubble". Instead invert the needle so the "bubble" is at the top of the needle (pointing to the ceiling, the needle pointing to the floor) and then inject into a section of pinched skin. She was very insistent on not pushing the plunger until the needle was in the skin. Result? No bruising whatsoever. The "bubble" is nitrogen used as a preserver and remains in the vial to be discarded giving the patient the full amount of Lovenox.
This should work unless your Lovenox needles are not packaged the same as they are here.
Hopefully this will help prevent future bruising. I know how awful it can be.

Latest posts

Back