BNP Blood Test

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jag004

I just received my blood test results from 3 days ago. My BNP was 132. The normal range is <100. I had AVR 12 weeks ago. This is my first time taking this test, so I have nothing to compare it to. I will call my dr tmrw to ask him.

Is this heart failure? Could this be an effect from surgery as my chest had plenty of trauma 12 weeks ago?

I know that some people get readings in the thousands. But, Im worried about the extra 32+ points on this test. And how worried should I be presently and in the future? My echo, chest x-ray, and stress test were all done within the last 7 weeks and were fine.

Anyone have experience with BNP tests?

Last time that I was at my cardio appt they were doing research into how to interpret BNP in congenital heart disease. Most of the time BNP is used in heart failure related to coronary heart disease. They did blood work to test for BNP amongst multiple other things. Hopefully they will have results of the study soon.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back