Bad news today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Glenda,
I'm perplexed as to why this has happened since I ask God every night to keep you in good health, but I expect it's not my place to question.
So, being the optimist I am, I am sure that Bonzo is right, and you will do well the second time around.
Have you considered travelling to St. Louis and seeing Dr. Kouchoukos? He is a very good surgeon and handles more complicated surgeries. I would come visit you and bring you gifts.;) Please keep us posted as to what you find out.

Hi Glenda, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry you have to travel this road again. Sending hugs, positive vibes, and strength to you. {GLENDA}

Sorry to hear about you not feeling well and then having to deal with another surgery.
I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Keep us posted if anything changes or what the next step is going to be.
God Bless you Glenda...

Thank you my dear friends! You made me cry. Right now I'll take one day at a time and start getting my things in order. I go back to the cardio in three weeks, so we'll see what the medicine does and go from there. Like I said before "whatever happenes, I win." Bob, hopefully in heaven my job will be the brush hogging! I sure hope so, I love to do that! I haven't even got to use our new John Deere brush hog yet. Some friends of ours are supposed to put up the hay today but it started raiining so it will probably be another week now. Then I'm going to have Eddie put on the brush hog so I can make a circle around the field.

My husband (Eddie) and I celebrated 47 years together yesterday. We were high school sweethearts for three years before we got married. It doesn't seem possible, the years have gone by so fast! We were so young and so much in love. We are still young (at heart) and still so much in love. He is my soul mate and my very best friend. I thank God everyday for sending this precious man my way. I came from such a dysfunctional family and he came from this "Beaver Cleaver family but fom this union came three wonderful kids and 12 grandchldren and one great-grandchild. I have so much to be thankful for.

Glenda, sorry to hear your news. We'll be thinking of you and sending prayers. You're always one who has an encouragement ready for others, so I hope you are "comforted with the same comfort you gave to others."

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Glenda.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Glenda.

Glenda,

I know you are one tough lady... you can deal with whatever is thrown your way. I just know you will be fine!! You always have such a positive attitude.

We recently got a piece of my family farm.... the first purchase afterwards? Of course my husband had to have a tractor... :) and all the toys that come with it. :eek: My favorite... the brush hog!! :D Wow... I figure anything that won?t put a dent in the tractor can be mowed down!! LOL I?ve been moseying around the whole farm!! I love that thing!! I?m driving my brother, the farmer nuts!! My husband is just glad I?m not complaining about his spending habits. lol :D

Glenda,

Very sorry ... you know thoughts/prayers are en route to you.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Sometimes it seems like this world's closing in on me" ... Bad English ... 'When I See You Smile'

We haven't got our hay in yet either......oh well, it will just grow some more until we get those 3 consecutive days of sunny weather and helpful neighbours. Our tractor is feeling very neglected!
Best wishes to you Glenda, as you deal with a surgery dilemma.

Glenda... you have me almost in tears. There is so much they can do these days, so please don't give up on us. You must fight! Please.... for your husband, your children, grand children and that great grandchild. Don't give up... we all love you and have you in our prayers. Any of us could be in your shoes right now, and I am sure you would be saying the same thing to us. So stay tough, ok?

Glenda,

I know this is a stressful time for you but THERE IS HOPE.

Please use this time to explore hopeful options with surgeons that have the skill and experience to mate a Larger Valve with your smaller organs.

Dr. Edward Bove is a Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

He KNOWS how to put Over-Sized Valves in SMALL HEARTS
as he recently did for Jody C (23 mm ON-X valve into a 15 mm Aorta). HE is the Surgeon who put gijanet's daughter Katie together. Maybe he can help you too. If not, there are other Top Rated Surgeons you could also contact.
"Never Give In, and Never Give Up"

You have nothing to loose by giving him a call. (Jody C. and GIjanet have his number...or look it up on the internet). I've seen High Risk Patients accepted for consultations *without* referal many times. All you have to do is tell their office about your Condition. They will take it from there.

Edward Bove - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edward Bove is a Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Michigan School of Medicine, Michigan, United States. Dr. Bove is also the Head of the Section of Cardiac Surgery, the Director of the Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, and the Co-Director of the Michigan Congenital Heart Center at the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He is well known for his contributions to the repair of congenital heart defects, most notably Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.

Dr. Bove was born and raised in New York. He received his bachelor’s degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts in 1968, and his medical degree from Albany Medical College, Albany, New York in 1972. Dr. Bove performed his post-doctoral training at:

Surgical Intern, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Resident in Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratory, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Chief Resident in Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Resident in Thoracic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Senior Registrar, Thoracic Unit, The Hospital for Sick Children, London, England Dr. Bove was an Assistant Professor of Surgery from 1980-1983 at the Health Science Center Syracuse. From 1983-1985, he was an Associate Professor of Surgery at the Health Science Center Syracuse. Dr. Bove became an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Michigan in 1985. In 1988, Dr. Bove was elevated to Professor of Surgery at the University of Michigan. In 1999, he was appointed head of the Section of Cardiac Surgery for the University.

Dr. Bove is considered one of the world's outstanding pediatric cardiac surgeons, and is particularly renowned for his work with the Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.[1] Dr. Bove is also the author of 224 articles on the repair of congenital heart defects. [2] He is board-certified in both General and Cardiac surgery.

Dr. Bove has received recognition for his work including being listed in Who's Who in Health and Medical Services and the Best Doctors in America. Dr. Bove is also on the board of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.[3]. More recently, Dr. Bove became one of the public faces of the University of Michigan Health System by being prominently featured in the System's new marketing campaign.

Dr. Bove is married and has two children, Christopher and Susan.

[edit] Quotes

"Sadly, we lose some. It upsets me as much today as ever - just ask my wife. The high risk - it wears on you. Some days I'm as high as the top of the world, but other days I'm deflated lower than the curb on the road." [4]

Also see the following link:

http://www.med.umich.edu/michigandifference/victor/bove.htm

Dear Glenda,

I am very sorry to hear this. You seem to have a very strong faith, which I am sure will help carry you through this situation. I will keep you in my prayers.

No matter what, the Lord will watch over you.

Best regards, Kathy

You have such alot of support both here and at home with your darling Eddie~congratulations on 47 years of wedded bliss~

Prayers and healing thoughts as you face this next step in life.

Translation please

Translation please

Glenda (or in fact any informed N. American), although I worked on farms in my youth I'm pretty much a European city boy. Please, what is this 'weed eating' and 'brush hogging'? :confused:

Reference to weed in these parts means the smoking for a high kind. Glenda pardon me if I'm wrong, but you don't look like a Mary Jane user. :D

Glenda. I am so sorry to hear of your newest obstacle. It sounds like there may be some medicines you will be trying to help somehow...I so hope they are successful.

You have always been someone so full of grace. At least, that is what I hear from you. Surely you will be able to get your arms around this latest hurdle and travel through it. You have amazing strength. It does seem like a lot for one person to have to take. You've been through a lot. I remember.

Best wishes and please come here often. We care very much and are always here for you. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs.

Marguerite

Dear Glenda

I am very sorry to hear that you may be facing more surgery - I wish you the best of luck for whatever lies ahead.

Kia kaha (stay strong)

Bridgette

Latest posts

Back