Bad news today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

I received some bad news today. It was time for my echo and while the technician was doing the echo she called my cardio in and he was watching her do the echo. Now mind you I have been feeling bad for about a month, just not up to par, in fact feeling the way I did before I had the AVR. Well, he said my aorta valve is shutting down again. If you remember I had to have a pediatric size tissue valve put in because the surgeon said I had very small internal organs. It's almost like a birth defect, my organs didn't grow with the rest of me when I was small. That's been four years ago. I sure was praying it would last at least 10 years. He said this time they would be an adult size in but it would be a tougher surgery because they would be cutting away tissue around the heart in order for the adult size to fit. I wonder why he didn't do that the first time! I knew deep down that I was having problems. Just this last month my fatique level has been unreal. I get winded really bad. I break out in cold sweats all the time. My heart beats so hard that I literally think it's going to come right out of my chest. Last week I was weed-eating and my chest started hurting so bad that I nearly crawled in the house. I took four baby aspirin and laid down and rested. The doctor said I probably prevented myself from having a full blown heart attach. He said "no more weed-eating." I've had a really bad headache for three days. Nothing will get rid of it.

Remember me in your prayers. I sure didn't want to go through this again so soon.

(((((Glenda)))))

You poor dear woman. I am distressed to read this. I will keep you in my prayers. I know you are a fighter and have already gone through so much.

God Bless

Glenda:

Oh, my dear, this is to hard to read. I remember 4 years ago, and even then I was hoping you would get many, many years out of your valve. Please do know that our best wishes and hopes are being sent to you.

Blanche

Dear Glenda,

My heart goes out to you & I'm so sorry to hear this after everything else you've already been through! With the Lord's help, you will get through this hurdle too. Stay strong & positive!

You're in my thoughts & prayers.

Glenda,

I am sorry to hear of this pending surgery. I will pray that it turns out to be easier than expected.

Please keep us posted.

Glenda, I'm sorry to hear that you are soon going to have to go through this again. Hopefully this time they can give you a "fix" that will last a very long time.

Kim

Glenda, I remember your reply to me shortly after joining on here and so have looked out for you :) I saw you had gone low profile and hoped it wasn't because of problems.
So another hurdle to jump! Repeat surgery is unsettling, just draw on your first time around experience, think positive and it will be fine.

Some of us just can't win. I wish I knew why it is this way, but I don't. I'll certainly keep you in my prayers and hope you'll do the same for me. My annual echo is 9/11 and I'm just about a nervous wreck over it.

You have my prayers Glenda. Please keep us posted as things progress for your surgery. I hope you feel our cyber-hugs.

I'm so sorry to read this Glenda and my thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout! I hope you can find the time and energy to update us and let us help you through this.

Sorry to hear that Glenda.

You may want to talk with Dr. Bove at the University of Michigan. He just put a 23 mm ON-X Valve in Jody C whose first surgeon just sewed her back up after finding a 15 mm Aorta. He found himself in 'over his head'.

Dr. Bove is also Katie's (gijanet's daughter) surgeon.
I *assume* he specializes in pediatric surgery and is therefore used to working on smaller 'parts'. Jody came through her surgery well.

Maybe Dr. Bove could offer you some hope also.

'AL Capshaw'

Glenda, I wish this hadn't worked out this way for you. I can see why they would have wanted to try a pediatric valve, but it's such a shame it's not able to carry you that ten years you were looking for. I can't figure why there would be such child-sized organs in a woman blessed with so much wisdom and maturity.

I guess that's why you still like the brushhogging and other farm tasks so much. You have all those permanently childlike parts of you to keep you in touch with the joy of it.

Be well, Glenda. Keep us in the loop.

Very best wishes,

Glenda,

I am so sorry to hear of this development. I will be praying hard for you. You are a real fighter and I'm betting you will overcome this latest challenge too. I don't know how you've done all the hard work you do -- I'm pretty much farming that out myself. Hope you can get some rest and get yourself as strong as you can for facing this challenge.

Latest posts

Back