Back to Work

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach14

Anyone else have a hard time getting back to work ???? I was out about 6 weeks (AVR surgery was 7/27) and have been back for about 3 weeks. I am having a really hard time getting motivated to do anything and find my concentration level is very low. Just cannot focus and to be really honest, just don't care.

I was back to work 2 months after surgery and am 4 months out of surgery. I still have days that I am too tired and don't really care. And normally by the time friday gets here I am exhausted and spend all of saturday lounging around resting.

Wow! I thought this was just me. I am good on energy for about 4 hours and then I can sit at my desk and fall asleep (sitting up) if I don't have any stimulation.

At least my overall general health and feel good is back up but not my stamina!

Mileena

That is my problem....I am good for the morning, but come afternoon, I have the attention span and stamina of a 4 year old.

I go back in a week from Tuesday. Taking half days for two weeks, with my doctor's help. I know from the last time how much the stress takes out of you. Energy-wise, the days seem excrutiatingly long for quite a while.

It takes a long time, and work just may never feel as important to you, once you have been through a life-altering surgery. Your perspective changes so that other things become more important to you.

Best wishes,

It's been almost 6 years since my AVR and I still don't too motivated about anything at work. Now vacations, happy hours and parties, that's a differnet story. Hang in there. I'm sure your perspective has changed for the better!

Latest posts

Back