Back on the merry-go-round, or just caffeine?

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Protimenow

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
3,758
Location
California
The ride isn't over yet. It may not end until I do.

Insurance has approved a visit to UCLA's Cardiac Arrhythmia department tomorrow. They'll query my pacemaker (maybe getting a report on any recorded incidents and get a real time report of my heart rhythm), then I see the M.D. that my electrophysiologist referred me. (My electrophysiologist is happy with this - I ran into him last week, and he was excited when I told him that I'll be seeing UCLA).

He told me that they have the resources to wait until I throw a PVC - they can wait for hours (apparently), so that they can map the problem area and ablate it.

I've been running out of energy after minimal work, and really hope that they can fix this.

If they can, my next largest issue will be getting home - if they have to release me to a 'responsible adult,' I'll be stuck there because Uber apparently doesn't hire 'responsible' adults. IF they want to do a procedure, maybe they'll keep me overnight so the crap that they put into me to calm me down during a procedure wears off, and I can Uber it home.

I'll update this when I can. (Probably Thursday, 4/23)
 

rich01

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
376
Location
Virginia US
If they can, my next largest issue will be getting home - if they have to release me to a 'responsible adult,' I'll be stuck there because Uber apparently doesn't hire 'responsible' adults. IF they want to do a procedure, maybe they'll keep me overnight so the crap that they put into me to calm me down during a procedure wears off, and I can Uber it home.
I bet the hospital has resources to get you a ride home. Is there any chance your insurance will cover it? If they do, you could call medical transport.
 

Protimenow

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
3,758
Location
California
I may not get any procedures there, but my Electrophysiologist told me that they may be able to wait many hours until I DO have a PVC -- and that he (my electrophysiologist) couldn't wait that long.

My transportation issue may be that I'm probably 20 miles away from UCLA.

I'll deal with this when I can. (If they keep me overnight, the drugs may have been out of my system long enough that I can drive myself home).

I might know more this time tomorrow.
 

newarrior

I have mild moderate Aortic Stenosis live Bangkok
VR.org Supporter
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
437
Location
Bangkok Thailand
C
The ride isn't over yet. It may not end until I do.

Insurance has approved a visit to UCLA's Cardiac Arrhythmia department tomorrow. They'll query my pacemaker (maybe getting a report on any recorded incidents and get a real time report of my heart rhythm), then I see the M.D. that my electrophysiologist referred me. (My electrophysiologist is happy with this - I ran into him last week, and he was excited when I told him that I'll be seeing UCLA).

He told me that they have the resources to wait until I throw a PVC - they can wait for hours (apparently), so that they can map the problem area and ablate it.

I've been running out of energy after minimal work, and really hope that they can fix this.

If they can, my next largest issue will be getting home - if they have to release me to a 'responsible adult,' I'll be stuck there because Uber apparently doesn't hire 'responsible' adults. IF they want to do a procedure, maybe they'll keep me overnight so the crap that they put into me to calm me down during a procedure wears off, and I can Uber it home.

I'll update this when I can. (Probably Thursday, 4/23)
Crazy on Uber--what about Lyft ? Regular cab ? Keep us posted..Looking forward to your post on Thursday...Sending you lots of support from the Buddha and Asia)
 

Attachments

Protimenow

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
3,758
Location
California
I completed my visit to UCLA.

The staff was very efficient, well prepared to work with patients having Cardiac Arrhythmia.

The Pacemaker tech printed out the report from the pacemaker, then tested my reaction to changes in the auricular and ventricular components of my heart.

The intake worker did a full update of my medications and two LONG EKG strips. She did the EKG with me flat, and other with me sitting up.

I saw the doctor, he reviewed the information from the EKGs and the Pacemaker printout.

He wasn't sure that I need an ablation - or that it would help. I'll be having a 2 week pacemaker (Zio patch), once the HMO approves it, and also a cardiac MRI, to check for scarring or other structural damage.

I'm glad to see that this doctor is conservative and not interested in doing any procedures that may not help.

I'll know more once I get my Zio scan device (once insurance approves it), and the MRI (once insurance approves it).

For now, I'll just put up with my symptoms and wait for insurance to approve the next steps.
 
Top