back massager highly recommended....1 day home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hey friends!!!!!!

Well, 1 day home. Did the blood work thing this morning INR was 2.2. Hope it isn't going to be to hard to keep good numbers, anyway we will save this for the Coumadin forum. Went to our super Walmart for more meds. LOL....good workout, hell of alot bigger that the hospital wings you walk.
OK, back to the title. Acouple years ago I bought a homemedics back massager. The one with the vibrating balls that slowly work up both sides of your spine........well, I wish I would have brought it with me to Mayo. If I would have known what I know now. Man does it make the knot between your shoulder blades feel great, home sweet home.

I must say that the only time I good asked if I wanted a back massage was my last night, from a very sweet 8 month pregnant 13 yr vet. who only had me for one night. Mayo is a reat place and everything, but I found it disappointing that the younger nurses didn't even offer. OH well, home now with my own massager. Be posting regular, all I got is time now.:D

Yep...the boredom gets you. Im 6 weeks, and ready to go back to work. The Dr. says ill be released on the 7th of Dec.

Welcome home, Mac! There really is no place like home.
During my 16 day stay in hospital I was surprised when on day 6 one of the nurses offered me a back massage before bed. I said, 'wow nobody ever offered this'. I gladly accepted as a back injury from a few years before decided to 'creep up on me' post surgery. In total, I had 3 massages and they were all offered from veteran nurses. I don't know if this is a co-incidence.
Hang in there and take the time to 'get better'.
I completely agree that the homopedics massager would be great to have. I am thinking of purchasing one now.
An aside: My mother brought me a hand held back 3 prong back massager (battery operated) that I used while in hospital. When family members came to visit me, I asked them to run it up and down my back. It relieved a bit of the pain and was a Godsend.

Welcome home, Mac! There really is no place like home.
During my 16 day stay in hospital I was surprised when on day 6 one of the nurses offered me a back massage before bed. I said, 'wow nobody ever offered this'. I gladly accepted as a back injury from a few years before decided to 'creep up on me' post surgery. In total, I had 3 massages and they were all offered from veteran nurses. I don't know if this is a co-incidence.
Hang in there and take the time to 'get better'.
I completely agree that the homopedics massager would be great to have. I am thinking of purchasing one now.
An aside: My mother brought me a hand held back 3 prong back massager (battery operated) that I used while in hospital. When family members came to visit me, I asked them to run it up and down my back. It relieved a bit of the pain and was a Godsend.

We have a sectional in the family room with recliners built in. When we got it I didn't want the built in massagers in the recliners (or telephone lol) because I thought that was over kill and not needed, but it turned out, I would have had to pay EXTRA to NOT have the massage chairs so we got them. Justin' has had a few heart surgeries since we got the sectional and I've been so happy that we had had them.

Latest posts

Back