AVR on December 16th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet y'all thought I forgot...:D Here's wishing both of you all the good wishes in the world as you travel this journey. I hope the road is smooth and you arrive home safe and sound.

All the best to both of you, Kurt and Christine..!!

I've got a Health & safety exam on the same day and that's made me feel a whole lot better about it !
Having said that, I was in exactly the same boat last year, and having an On-X implanted too. It's working well and I'm sure yours will too. The pre meds are a delight, the operation is only bad for friends and family and the recovery is nothing more than frustrating and uncomfortable with the odd pang of pain thrown in for good measure !
I wish you the very best of luck .

Kurt,
Prayers and best wishes that all goes well with your surgery and recovery. Christine, I know that this will be a lot for you, too! Looking forward to hearing all the good news after it's over.
Luana

I am wishing you all the best too! It is so nervewracking beforehand, but have confidence that you will come through it okay and be in better shape afterwards, after the healing period.
Wishing you all the best -- and I love your picture - beautiful and full of love,
Happy holidays,
Dale

Nuper, Janie, Justin, Doug, Luana, Dale Thanks all, your support and insight is invaluable and greatly appreciated. ;) Thank you to all who have put in their time to say hi or give feedback to our questions. Christine and I love all of the support shown not only to us but to all who use this wonderful forum.
Thanks Hank

And to Rick and Doug I am in good company. See you guys in recovery.
Kurt
:D

Kurt and Christine,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow, and through the coming days. Christine, as an OHS patient, let me just repeat what I'm sure Kurt has already said: Your support and care and legwork is HUGE! I don't know that I'll ever find the words to express the value of a loved one's concern in a time like this.

RE: massage chair - my rehab people had what I would call a "percussive massager." They used it to thump on my back, post-op. Sounds terrible--feels wonderful!

One more thing - I have a very dear, life-long friend who lives in San Diego. I'm PMing you my contact info. If you guys need anything, ANYTHING, contact me and I'll have her on it ASAP! She'd love to help--trust me.

See ya on the flipside,

Marcia

I'm late checking in on this one. I hope you are sleeping right now and not tossing and turning. I too will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Seems we have three surgeries tomorrow that I've counted. I'm going to have to triple up my prayers for all of them.

Rhena

Kurt & Christine,

You are probably already in Lala land. You'll do fine.....We'll visit when you get to feelin' better....What a wonderful Christmas this will be....Peace friend...

Kurt's in surgery

Kurt's in surgery

Good Morning,
Thank you so much for your words of support and offers of assistance. We had family arrive yesterday so Kurt didn't have time to get onto the computer. I wanted to let everyone know that Kurt went into the OR at 7 am so he should be underway by now and that much closer to being back in my arms ;).

I'll post as soon as I have an update. I can't tell you how much your prayers and well wishes have meant. I feel at peace and know that Kurt is going to be just fine. He was at peace too and gave me the the thumbs up as he was wheeled through the doors.

Christine

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. I'll be moving some of this thread to post surgery when he's out and in ICU. ;)

Friends,
I just received an update from the nurse liason (sp?). Kurt was put on the heart/lung machine at 9:05 am. They're sewing in his valve and it appears that things are going well. I'll post once he's off the machine or if I have other news.
Christine

Thanks for the update, glad things are going well. How are YOU doing? I know it can be rather tough waiting for updates ect. You're both in my thoughts

Latest posts

Back