Arrythmias

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

Well, last night I went to the ER since my heart felt like it was bouncing around my chest and I was getting sharp pains (like pinches) shooting through my left side. I could have lived with the somersaulting heart and strange beats but combined with the pains-- Well, that's what got me out of bed to go.

Fortunately, (or not) I had no indication from the blood work that I'd had an attack. What I'm going to have to see the cardiologist about is to address my aortic root diameter pre-replacement. I'm not sure I've really grasped the surgeon's intent when he performed the graft and his rationale in doing so.

I guess what I'm really nervous about is the possibilities that the electric wiring of my heart's messed up, that my mitral valve problems have returned, that I'm harbouring an aneurysm and/or that there's some aortic valve deterioration.

I'm so tired of negative things following right after each other. It seems just as I begin to feel like I can accomplish living outside of dealing with my health, something new falls on me. Ahh, well, c'est la vie. All the bad karma now must mean nirvana is within, at most, a lifetime or two.

Thanks for letting me vent.

My first year post op I had LOTS of weird episodes of heart jumping, vibrating, skipped beats, tachy runs, dizzy spells, etc. It almost made me crazy(ier). Now at 2 yrs post op I am doing much better, but not "normal". I hope that you can get some more tests done to either alleviate or justify your concerns.:)

Well, today I came home with a cardiac event monitor. I've had it for about 6 hours and it's recorded 3 events. I'm not sure how long the arrythmia needs to last to get picked up on the recorder, but I have it for 5 days or 30 significant events. we'll see what overnight brings -- I feel much more going on just as I relax before sleep.

I hope its nothing other than anxiety. I know it can be hard but do try to relax and get your mind away from worrying about other possibilities. Probably a good idea to limit coffee, spices and other such stimulants for awhile to as these can bring on little episodes with the heart rhythm.

Pamela, I just wanted to tell you that I hope you get a definitive answer and I hope you get good news.
Keep us posted and take care :) .

Thanks for the well wishes and the good advice. I have been avoiding caffiene for well over 6 weeks. This has been noticeable that long and now it's bothersome enough that I'd like something done to settle things down. I'm pretty confident that atenolol is in my future and with fortune, that will be all I need.

Wearing this isn't that bad. Nothing like the bulky discomfort of the Holter, not to mention that this device can be set aside until I'm done my shower or pool physio. I guess I'll find out Monday where these incidents are taking me.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Pamela wishing you all the best with this and i recall
having once to wear this fabulous fashion......(BULKY) they
are,and nice we can drop em off to shower......i hated mine lol
We always think the worst and this increases adrenalin and we vent
Good you were able to vent in first posting im not the only one
lately. i wish you all the best and keep us posted on mondays events.

Zipper2

Pamela, hang in there.....it really took me a long time to get past the weird arrythmias. They were worse when I was too active or nervous during the day. I also feel much better on a low salt diet and zero caffeine.

Back