anyone read the mechanical valve cards?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaK

Has any one been able to decifer the language on the back of the St Jude medical card?
What does all that mean really?

Do you mean the side that says, "This is not an insurance card," or the side that lists the serial and model number?

MRI safety information

MRI safety information

The side that has the MRI safety information. Do you know what that all means?

TinaK said:
The side that has the MRI safety information. Do you know what that all means?

The ONLY thing mine says is: "MRI COMPATIBLE"

There is NO text or explanation.

FWIW, I have had an MRI and I'm still 'clicking'.

'AL Capshaw'

All mine has is St. Judes address and phone and this is not an insurance card on that side of it.

My valve is a biomedics, and simply says it is an implant ID card, in case of emergency, contact the hospital etc. listed on the other side, Biomedics addresses etc., and "studies have indicated that all CarbioMedics etc... heart valve replacement and repair implants are MRI compatible."

Mine gives settings. I had an MRI and the guy just asked what type valve I had...said he did not need to see the card that they set it below the max anyway....It all looks like Greek:D

Show Me Your Card

Show Me Your Card

At last week's meeting of Mended Hearts we were all sitting around a table listening to a presentation by Edwards Lifesciences http://www.edwards.com/ and all of the valve recipients pulled out their cards and checked to see the type of valve, measurements, and manufacturer. Looking around I could see that I was now a 'card carrying member' of a special community. We all smiled at each other knowing that this was not a club that just anyone could join :)

I am an official card carrying member of the 'new valve club'.

kchristian said:
I could see that I was now a 'card carrying member' of a special community. We all smiled at each other knowing that this was not a club that just anyone could join :)

Darn straight! We are VIP's now. :cool:

thank you Oaktree

thank you Oaktree

thank you. the explanation you gave was good. i did not quite understand the wording but you gave a laymens explanation that I now understand!!!
Tina.

My husbands ATS card has the company address and MRI Compatible and Antibiotic Treatment recommended before dental or invasive procedures,Patient must follow Physicians anticoagulation prescriptions on front and on back it has name,address,model,serial number. Position and Implant date,surgeon and surgeons phone number. It also says Please notify ATS Medical if you move or have other changes.

If you go to StJudes website you can actually type in the model number of your valve and find out exactly which one it is you have...

Mine is a 25CAVGJ-514...the 25 is for 25mm the size, the AV bit is for aortic valve. Its been ages since I last looked it up so I cant remember what the other numbers and letters stand for. The rest of the info on my card is self-explanatory...
It looks like they put different info on these cards in diferent countries as mine doesnt say anything about insurance. It does have my surgeon and hospital names and date of operation and MRI compatible and on the reverse contact details for StJude Medical., and a note to remind us to notify them if we change address.

My surgeon gave me the box my St. Jude vave came in along with the instruction manual that tells how to install it. Interesting stuff - I assumed/hoped that he didn't need to read the manual...;)

Mark

Louise said:
:( :( I didn't get a card for my OnX, was I supposed to?

Louise -

You can get a card from On-X by calling their Customer Service number,
888 339 8000 ext 261, per my contact at the company.

'AL Capshaw'

MarkU said:
My surgeon gave me the box my St. Jude vave came in along with the instruction manual that tells how to install it. Interesting stuff - I assumed/hoped that he didn't need to read the manual...;)

Mark
Well he did stay at a Holiday Inn the night before. :D

MarkU said:

Mark

Serious comment in response to an nonserious question - the FDA requires instructions for use to be included with all medical devices unless the use is (I don't recall the exact language) commonly understood and/or obvious to the user. In the interest of CYA, I think vitually every manufacturer chooses to include them regardless of them being a consumer product or professional product. I don't have any handy, but I assume there are instructions on dental floss and band-aids, although I doubt anyone has read them at any time during the past decade...

Mine Sez
Front Side
Name, Model Number, Serial Number, Doctor, Hospital,

Back Side
All Mri Safety Info
Spec
Static Magnetic Field Of 3 Tesla Or Less

Spatial Gradient Of 525 Gauss/cm Or Less

Maximum Whole Body Averaged Specific Absorption Rate Of 2.0-w/kg For 15 Min. Of Scanning

Latest posts

Back