Anybody out there on a Statin?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, all! Both my cardio and my internist want me to take a low dosage statin....probably like Zocor, for fairly high cholesterol. My AVR was 13 years ago, and I am otherwise just fine with INR always within acceptable levels. Basically take no meds other than the warfarin. I've been reading reviews of all of the statin drugs, and what I read is really scary in terms of debilitating pain, etc. Maybe only the sufferers respond with negative comments, but few were positive. I am a very active person with a job and lots going on. No time for needless suffering. Has anyone out there had experience with statins? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :confused:

not that many of us have the muscle troubles. there are plenty who have no problems at all and statins is definitely the best way to go to reduce the numbers. it certainly reduced mine - until the muscle thing. give it a try; you can always stop it if you have a problem. just be on the listen out until you know. Best wishes

nice to see you - it's been awhile.

Latest posts

Back