antibiotics

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha 1

just wanted to ask you all, how do you know if and when you need an antibiotic after the valve surgery? I mean do you run every time you have some sinuses or sniffles, a cold some mucus, cuz i always get kind of upset over when to go when not to go, do you have to be on one everytime you get an symtom like this or not. right now just using the musinex, dont know how to spell that. but you know what i mean. please help with this, i tend to freak out over it all, how do you know when it is going to affect the valve, because adam has had this headcold for about almost a week. thanks
janice
alpha 1

I generally use the same tactic I used before valve issues. If I have a fever or believe the problem I have can be a bacterial infection, I visit or call the doctor. This has worked very well for me over the last 30 years as I have never had endocarditis again.

I generally use the same tactic I used before valve issues. If I have a fever or believe the problem I have can be a bacterial infection, I visit or call the doctor.

This is pretty much as I have done it over the years. If I feel really bad or have a fever, I call my doc. Plain old head colds or sinus problems are treated with tylenol, cold meds and "chicken soap":)

I think Dick meant to say "chicken soup". :)

A head cold for a few days that is viral in nature, will not be helped by antibs.
Something deep in the chest, or with fever, should be checked by a doc.

Latest posts

Back