another newbie!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Berning

Hi Everyone,

I'm another newbie, I've been lurking on this site for months learning, but am now in the process of scheduling surgery. My particulars are: I'm 54, BAV diagnosed about 10 years ago. Moderate regurgitation and moderate to severe stenosis. My aortic root is at 4.5cm and my ascending aorta at 4.7cm, my valve area was 1.3cm 6 months ago. Up until a couple of months ago I was symptom free, but have lately started having more shortness of breath, etc. I haven't gotten a copy of my last echo(October), but that's what started my cardio recommending for surgery soon. I just wanted to say thanks to all for the good info on this forum!

Hi Tom, and welcome to the I've got a bicuspid, gotta have a stupid surgery club! I'm glad you joined us but wish it were under better circumstances. I had my BAV replaced in 2005 with a bovine valve, but one son also has a bav and our grandson has one too so I will probably be a member of VR.com for a long, long time!
Let us know if you have any questions, and we'll try to answer as best we can. In the meantime, welcome again.
Mary

HI Tom..as they say Welcome. I'm about to schedule my AVR for FEB 2012 this week... so we can walk thru this together. I do have a tip..that I found handy. Getting thru to Dr. and Nurses/etc.. is a bit of a challenge. I have found that when I FAX them my questions.. I get a much faster response. I keep it short/ to the point and upbeat. that's only if you're having trouble reaching those you need. I'm going for the MINI stern.. and while a tad older (SHHHHH) they tell me I"m in very good shape.. (for the shape I'm in. ! ) good luck to you Nancy Jane

Welcome!

Glad to see you, but sorry you have to be here! I’m step-mom to a 12yo who was supposed to have his BAV repaired/replaced (as well as a mitral valve) on Thursday. It’s been postponed to some unknown date, hopefully this month.

Join the party!

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Freddie, I'm working on the latest echo copy, for some reason it's always like pulling teeth to get my copy.

Nancy Jane, I've got my AVR scheduled for December 16, I finally got my cardio to give me his "secret" work e-mail and he's been fairly responsive.

Latest posts

Back