Another Cath

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone

I went to the Cleveland Clinic yesterday. I have had to be using more oxygen lately, and The doctor had told me about something on my last Chest X-Ray after my ablation was done. This was a regular check up but not now. They want to do a cathader, most likely two (two tubes at the same time for different areas) of them. Now I have had approximatley 20 catheders done in my life, and on average something goes wrong 5% of the time. Well you do the math

They want to check the bulge above my valve position in the RA. Also, they are afraid that not all of my blood is getting to my cappilary fields in the lungs. They think there might be a big vein bypassing them, or several smaller ones. This would mean (wether it's one big one sveral smaller ones,or in bad news catagory lots of micro ones) a coil proceedure, or plug(s) being put in.

I have the feeling that this is what is going to bring the gray hairs out. I am worried more about this one than all the others. Not having good feelings.

As of now I am waiting for a date for the procedure
:(

I've told these people a lot about you in the past. For those that don't remember, this is my friend that I told you about that has been cardioverted too many times for me to remember now.

Let me know what date you get. I'm sure you will.

I am sorry you are going thru this and can imagine how you must feel. I dread every one of Justin's caths (he had them almost yearly for the past 10 years, and every other year before that) and has run into a few problems with them, everything from allergies to the dye (that are better with the newer dyes) to needing a pacer for complete heart block.
I've been wonderring if you don't mind, your conduit valve is between you RA and RV? So is that your tricuspid valve that was replaced? Is it outside your heart? Justin has one between his rv and pulm artery.
I hope if they find collaterals, it is the easiest ito fix and helps you feel better.

I hope the news you get is better than you expect. You have already been through so much but if something additional could be done to perhaps let you breathe easier again then it may well be worth the effort. Hang in there. I'll be watching for updates on you and praying for you in the interim.

I hope everything goes better than you expect, and I'll be watching for updates.

I'm praying that everything goes well and your fears are unrealized.

I I've been wonderring if you don't mind, your conduit valve is between you RA and RV? So is that your tricuspid valve that was replaced? Is it outside your heart? Justin has one between his rv and pulm artery.
I hope if they find collaterals, it is the easiest ito fix and helps you feel better.

When I was born I had two holes in my heart, and my bottom right ventrical wasn't working. In '64 I had a Glen Shunt proceedure, one hole closed, and other stuff. When I was 14 in '77 my right ventrical had developed it's muscle, and was working. I had a Hancock 30 mm procine valve going from my right ventrical to my right Atrium on the outside.

Last edited:
Ok Thanks I kind of understand it now, (I hope you didn't mind me asking) Have you ever checked out the forums at the adults with CHD org?

Latest posts

Back